Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Duke's 2016-17 roster posted

Thought some of you would be interested to see that Duke just posted its 2016-17 roster with the official heights and weights (not that all of you will believe them):

http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.db...2727&SPID=1845

You can also link to the official bios of the incoming freshman

I wonder how accurate those listed measurements are. Luke at 6'5" 180 seems like he should be a bit skinnier than he actually is, and is Javin really 6'10"? He was previously listed at 6'8". If so, I would have much better long term hopes for him than previously imagined. Also, Jack White is listed at 6'5". . . . I might have to simmer down on my Jack White hype if he's shorter than I thought.

That's a very tall group! 9 guys 6'8" or better. Shortest is 6'3". Scholarship average rounds to 6'8"

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I wonder how accurate those listed measurements are. Luke at 6'5" 180 seems like he should be a bit skinnier than he actually is, and is Javin really 6'10"? He was previously listed at 6'8". If so, I would have much better long term hopes for him than previously imagined. Also, Jack White is listed at 6'5". . . . I might have to simmer down on my Jack White hype if he's shorter than I thought.

At the USA U18 camp recently they measures Javin 6'9" in shoes with a 7'0" wingspan and 222 lbs.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClQlR7IVYAAprxt.jpg:large

Australians can't compete with Americans on height. They are overrated on height

I kid...I kid
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Australians can't compete with Americans on height. They are overrated on height

I kid...I kid
    But, wait for it, I'll bet he has a lot of hops...

(And yes, you can take that either way you want as in Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport or Nelson Sauvin...)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I kid...I kid
    But they are a damned fine looking bunch of people!
    I do not kid...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I kid...I kid
    Lost in Translation ...

Australian cinder blocks are a bit larger than American cinder blocks.

I kid...I kid
    But when they dunk, they do so counter-clockwise.

Truth.

Hmmm . . . there's no way Luke Kennard is 180. He's taller and almost as thick as Grayson:

509017938.jpg

Looks to be around the same size as Matt:

509017938.jpg

Unless he went on the Gandhi diet this offseason . . .

Agreed, Luke Kennard is at least 210 pounds in my estimation based on pictures.

Also, is Grayson really 6"5? Did he grow a few inches in the last couple of months?

I think Luke should be just under 200. Matt seems to be accurately listed at 200.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTrinity11 View Post
    Agreed, Luke Kennard is at least 210 pounds in my estimation based on pictures.

Also, is Grayson really 6"5? Did he grow a few inches in the last couple of months?
    He's always been listed by Duke as 6'5". Whether or not Duke is overstating is another question.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

He's always been listed by Duke as 6'5". Whether or not Duke is overstating is another question.
    He measured 6-4.5 in shoes at both the LeBron James and Kevin Durant camps in the summer of 2013 ... I don't think 6-5 is an inflated listing:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...n-Allen-71570/

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    He measured 6-4.5 in shoes at both the LeBron James and Kevin Durant camps in the summer of 2013 ... I don't think 6-5 is an inflated listing:

I thought he was listed at 6-4 as a freshman. Either way, Luke looks to me to be at least one and possibly two inches taller than both Matt and Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post

And I'm not sure how much equity I'd put in camps. For me, the most reliable listing - by far - is the NBA combine. Duke had Demarcus Nelson at 6'4". NBA Combine? 6'1" w/o shoes, 6'2.25" with shoes.

I agree with posters who say that Kennard looks much taller than Allen. And I seriously, seriously doubt Duke would underestimate heights. So, either Kennard is wearing platforms, Allen has terrible posture, or Allen's height is overstated.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    I thought he was listed at 6-4 as a freshman. Either way, Luke looks to me to be at least one and possibly two inches taller than both Matt and Grayson.
    I think Luke and Matt are both 6'5", while Grayson is 6'4". If you look closely at the 2nd photo I posted, the top of Luke's head seems to be at the same level as Brandon's (who is 6'9"), so I wouldn't buy too much stock in that picture's depiction of height, I used it more to compare girth/muscle mass.

I think Luke and Matt are both 6'5", while Grayson is 6'4". If you look closely at the 2nd photo I posted, the top of Luke's head seems to be at the same level as Brandon's (who is 6'9"), so I wouldn't buy too much stock in that picture's depiction of height, I used it more to compare girth/muscle mass.
    I wasn't referencing that photo specifically, but rather repeated observations over the course of last season. I tend to think Grasyon and Matt e are both closer to 6-4 (as they both were listed as freshman, I believe), while Luke is a legit 6-5 and maybe closer to 6-6. And I would agree that Luke's weight is likely closer to 200 than 180.

Luke is 6'9 or 6'10 now? He went on the Admiral growth program. I think he starts and averages 29.8 mpg.

I have it on good authority that Luke is 7'3.