View Poll Results: The winner of the NBA title in 2016 will be...

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warriors in 4

2 2.35%
  • Warriors in 5

13 15.29%
  • Warriors in 6

22 25.88%
  • Warriors in 7

12 14.12%
  • Cavs in 4

0 0%
  • Cavs in 5

3 3.53%
  • Cavs in 6

23 27.06%
  • Cavs in 7

7 8.24%
  • Duke, because I always pick Duke and don't care about the NBA!

3 3.53%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

NBA Finals Predictions

Well, the opinions are all over the place. I think we need a poll for winner and how many games. I am already on the record for the Warriors in 4, and many have said the Warriors in 5. I really would like to see a poll.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Well, the opinions are all over the place. I think we need a poll for winner and how many games. I am already on the record for the Warriors in 4, and many have said the Warriors in 5. I really would like to see a poll.
    Ask and ye shall receive.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

My brain tells in Warriors in 5, but I really want Cleveland in 4, 5, 6, or 7. Sadly, I went with my brain.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I would be okay with either team winning. I really enjoy Steph as well as LeBron and Kyrie. I just think that the Warriors are a really bad match-up for the Cavs. Had it been Cavs vs. OKC I would have taken Cavs in 6. Instead, Warriors in 6.

Huh. I guess my contrarian and somewhat flippant pick of Cavs in 6 was not so contrarian.

I picked Duke which means Cleveland since they have Kyrie and Dahntay while GS has McAdoo and HWSNBN

Warriors in 5

Cavs in 6. Seems like the "sexy pick" at the moment.

So the poll is currently 27-19 in favor of the Warriors, with two people just selecting "Duke" as an answer.

I'm a little surprised it's that close. I wonder if it's because Kyrie (& Dahntay) plays for for the Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    So the poll is currently 27-19 in favor of the Warriors, with two people just selecting "Duke" as an answer.

I'm a little surprised it's that close. I wonder if it's because Kyrie (& Dahntay) plays for for the Cavs.
    I'm a bit surprised as well. If you combine the "experts" predictions from ESPN.com and CBSsports.com you have 28-7 in favor of Golden State
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    I'm a bit surprised as well. If you combine the "experts" predictions from ESPN.com and CBSsports.com you have 28-7 in favor of Golden State
    Vegas with the Warriors as a big favorite along with the ESPN power index.

Not saying the Cavs can't win but everything points to them as underdogs.

If both teams play to their potential the Warriors win easily.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post

Wait... are you suggesting that certain posters are allowing their emotions to override facts and numbers?

Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Wait... are you suggesting that certain posters are allowing their emotions to override facts and numbers?

Crazy.
    Never happen on this board!

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    True, but only one of them has the Warriors winning in less than 6, which you could surmise means that they also aren't sold on the many "Warriors will crush them" predictions going around here either.

Quote Originally Posted by gurufrisbee View Post
    True, but only one of them has the Warriors winning in less than 6, which you could surmise means that they also aren't sold on the many "Warriors will crush them" predictions going around here either.
    11 of us, actually.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I said Warriors in 7. I hope I am wrong and the Cavs sweep them. I'm feeling a bit over-exposed to Curry.

I do hope we get some close games though. I also think this is a big Finals for Lebron. He is 31 and cannot play forever. If he is going to move past Kobe, Duncan, Shaq, Oscar into the next level of all-time greats, he has to win this one and a few more.

Put it another way, if Lebron loses this Finals then Curry is the undisputed best player on the planet. Lebron probably would not get that mantle back. If Lebron wins, his peak is extended a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

Crazy.
    While I picked GSW myself, the Cavs backers are certainly using facts and numbers to arrive at their pick, from what I've seen. They're just going to emphasize different facts and numbers (those that favor the Cavs) from those who chose GSW. And the Cavs backers MAY end up being correct; we'll find out over the next couple of weeks.

I said Golden St. in 6. I think some might also remember that the Cavs held a 2-1 lead in last year's Finals with Lebron and a bag of balls (i.e., no Love and no Kyrie). I think the Warriors win, but I'm throwing a little respect Cleveland's way. I think even if the Cavs win a few games, the Warriors have shown an ability the last two postseasons to make adjustments and respond to adversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    While I picked GSW myself, the Cavs backers are certainly using facts and numbers to arrive at their pick, from what I've seen. They're just going to emphasize different facts and numbers (those that favor the Cavs) from those who chose GSW. And the Cavs backers MAY end up being correct; we'll find out over the next couple of weeks.
    I'm just saying that it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that a group of Duke fans decide that Kyrie is more likely to win his first ring than the sports media might see it.

Fans have a tendency to predict what they WANT to happen rather than what is most likely to happen. I'm not saying it's a bad thing - I do it all the time with my NCAA brackets. Sometimes, it's correct.
    Let's go Duke!

Picked Warriors in 6, rooting for the Cavs sweep! (But also rooting for entertaining games, of course)