Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Great minds think alike. Exactly what I was going to say!

Welcome to Duke, Mr. Bolden! GTHc! 9F!
    Wait, I thought you stopped caring about this a couple weeks ago .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Somewhere in Orange County, NC, ol roy just scheduled his hernia surgery.
    Extra propofol please!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    CONGRATS BOLDEN!!!!! Really excited to have you on board next year!

So, who does UK hate more? Christian Laettner or Marcus Lee?
    Laettner will never be topped

Congrats on the get Dukies.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTrinity11 View Post
    UK fans are making up rumors all over the internet that Bolden's mom literally forced Marques to choose Duke even though he and his dad wanted UK...man this Big Blue Nation really wanted this guy huh??? What a bunch of sore losers.

I've genuinely never seen a recruit's parent so happy when their kid announces that he's going to Duke, she was ecstatic. Proud mama!!!
    Mom is always more important!
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 05-19-2016 at 03:28 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Somewhere in Orange County, NC, ol roy just scheduled his hernia surgery.

Make it a double...

After all the rumors, I wonder if he actually decided in the last few seconds?

I know Ralph Sampson did -- he sat down at the table to make his announcement with five hats from the five finalists lined up in front of him.

He later said that as he sat down, he didn't know which one he was going to pick. He said the voice of Virginia was only made in the final seconds.

I don't know if the Kentucky fan base has suffered such a gut-punch since Terrence Jones held a live press conference in 2010 and picked Washington over Kentucky.

Calipari then flew to Oregon, met with Jones and convinced him to renege on his commitment and sign with Kentucky.

That worked out well for the Cats as Jones stayed two years and as a soph was a key player on the 2012 national champs -- Cal's only title.

I wonder if he is on a plane to Houston as we speak?

Smart Young Man!

[QUOTE=Furniture;888420]
    UK fans are making up rumors all over the internet that Bolden's mom literally forced Marques to choose Duke even though he and his dad wanted UK...man this Big Blue Nation really wanted this guy huh??? What a bunch of sore losers.

I've genuinely never seen a recruit's parent so happy when their kid announces that he's going to Duke, she was ecstatic. Proud mama!!! [/QUOTE
    Mom is always more important!
    He knows the old saying: "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!"

I've genuinely never seen a recruit's parent so happy when their kid announces that he's going to Duke, she was ecstatic. Proud mama!!!
    It had been an ongoing rumor momma Bolden wanted Duke and Marques wanted to at least explore the UK option. Combine that rumor with the awkward "i didn't know" over and over...you can see how it looks from the other side.

Of course we wanted Bolden. UK is used to getting five star centers every year. Once UK fans realize we don't need this kid life/death or anything. He would help, but we have a lot of players already at the 4 and 5. I hope we can wish Bolden the best and just focus on our players.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleCat View Post
    Of course we wanted Bolden. UK is used to getting five star centers every year. Once UK fans realize we don't need this kid life/death or anything. He would help, but we have a lot of players already at the 4 and 5. I hope we can wish Bolden the best and just focus on our players.
    Wise words. UK is still loaded, but fans will be fans.

My God. Is this the best Duke class ever???

At least he didn't say Duke State U. BBB = Big Blue Butthurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post

I know Ralph Sampson did -- he sat down at the table to make his announcement with five hats from the five finalists lined up in front of him.

He later said that as he sat down, he didn't know which one he was going to pick. He said the voice of Virginia was only made in the final seconds.

I don't know if the Kentucky fan base has suffered such a gut-punch since Terrence Jones held a live press conference in 2010 and picked Washington over Kentucky.

Calipari then flew to Oregon, met with Jones and convinced him to renege on his commitment and sign with Kentucky.

That worked out well for the Cats as Jones stayed two years and as a soph was a key player on the 2012 national champs -- Cal's only title.

If he is, I wonder if K has John Chaney's phone number .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post

At the time, plenty of UK fans were sad to see Mudiay shock the world and choose SMU. That hurt a lot at the time. The entire year of 2015 was a gut punch too. Luke Kennard backstabbed us too. We missed on sooooo many five stars. And on a side note, at the time I was very sad we missed on Amile. He was going to be a solid player for years to come, and UK could have used him bad. I know others didn't mind as much as me.

Duke and UK didn't need Bolden...but he helps of course. Every time we lose a recruit it hurts...especially to Duke.

My goodness. This will be the deepest Duke team in recent memory. At least two-deep at every position.

PG: Frank Jackson (Fr.)/Grayson Allen (Jr.)
    SG: Grayson Allen (Jr.)/Luke Kennard (So.)
    SF: Jayson Tatum (Fr.)/Matt Jones (Sr.)/Jack White (Fr.)/ Justin Robinson (So.)
    PF: Harry Giles (Fr.)/Amile Jefferson (RS Sr.)/ Javin DeLaurier (Fr.)/ Antonio Vrankovic (So.)
    C: Amile Jefferson (RS Sr.)/Marques Bolden (Fr.)/Chase Jeter (So.)/ Sean Obi (Jr.)

That's 14 guys. Somebody's gotta go, right? The top 9 players will likely be Jackson, Allen, Tatum, Giles, Jefferson, Jones, Kennard, Bolden, and Jeter.

I already love Bolden's mamma! So happy to have them all as part of the Duke family!

Nice pickup for Duke - you guys are going to be stacked like 1991 UNLV....

Prospects for Jeter contributing just dimmed even more (if that was possible). I really thought that kid would end up as more than a Zoubek.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    My God. Is this the best Duke class ever???
    Is this the best recruiting class ever? At any school?

Really Excited!

This is a great day to be a Duke fan! Welcome to Bull City, Marques.

With so many other guys coming in and players returning, the pressure isn't going to fall directly on his shoulders. He can provide meaningful minutes without having to produce. And with the team expected to lose Amile Jefferson and Harry Giles, Bolden and Jeter can be a very solid returning frontcourt.

I do think this means the likelihood of Duke landing both Wendell Carter and Mohammad Bamba is remote if not zero now, but that's fine. I'm excited for the future for Bolden however long he decides to stick around Durham. Get some rebounds and block some shots, big fella!

Welcome to Duke young man!

Kind of ironic that the Kentucky fans are calling him an idiot for not following in the footsteps of Cousins/Davis/Towns while at the same time debating what Marcus Lee should do now that he's spent 3 years at Kentucky and no one seems to want him any more.

Also Daniel Orton says hi from somewhere in Europe.

If you take credit for the good, you also have to take credit for the bad. Those 3 guys are great, but they would have been great anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by J_C_Steel View Post
    My goodness. This will be the deepest Duke team in recent memory. At least two-deep at every position.

PG: Frank Jackson (Fr.)/Grayson Allen (Jr.)
    SG: Grayson Allen (Jr.)/Luke Kennard (So.)
    SF: Jayson Tatum (Fr.)/Matt Jones (Sr.)/Jack White (Fr.)/ Justin Robinson (So.)
    PF: Harry Giles (Fr.)/Amile Jefferson (RS Sr.)/ Javin DeLaurier (Fr.)/ Antonio Vrankovic (So.)
    C: Amile Jefferson (RS Sr.)/Marques Bolden (Fr.)/Chase Jeter (So.)/ Sean Obi (Jr.)

That's 14 guys. Somebody's gotta go, right? The top 9 players will likely be Jackson, Allen, Tatum, Giles, Jefferson, Jones, Kennard, Bolden, and Jeter.
    Justin Robinson is a recruited walk on. The numbers work perfectly! LGD! GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com