Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    uncheat's PR boys called me today and offered me a bundle to NOT knock this back up to page 1..

i turned them down...
    In the spirit of full and fair disclosure, this happened yesterday:

An ongoing investigation has revealed former North Carolina State football player Eric Leak provided improper benefits to an unnamed University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill student-athlete, according to warrants released Thursday.
    Let's just say he's not buying Porsche's for WBB players

http://abc11.com/news/warrants-leak-...hlete/1345918/

Quote Originally Posted by sammy3469 View Post
    In the spirit of full and fair disclosure, this happened yesterday:

Let's just say he's not buying Porsche's for WBB players

http://abc11.com/news/warrants-leak-...hlete/1345918/
    As long as he provided similar benefits to other non-athlete members of the cheaters student body, no problem!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

N&O has a letter to the editor from Jay Smith.

It is infuriating to listen to former UNC chancellor James Moeser continue to peddle the convenient fiction that UNC-Chapel Hill “didn’t have processes in place or an ability to really dig deeply enough” to uncover our massive academic fraud.

He was responding to a column over the weekend by Luke Decock.

Anniversary rant

For me, the single most outrageous aspect of the scandal is what Jay Smith ^ notes was an absence of "a will to defend academic integrity" at UNC. Although Smith's letter is a direct response to the infuriating nonsense still being peddled by former Chancellor Moeser, his final line should also be taken -- as I think he means it -- as a reminder of the cowardice of all those Silent Rams, the tenured faculty.

Unfortunately, we are approaching the first anniversary of Duke University's infuriating choice of one of those cowards to a crucial academic post. For, one of those unwilling to defend academic integrity, Valerie Ashby, is finishing her first year as Duke's Dean of A&S. Indeed, not only did Ashby not stand up for academic integrity, but she and many of her Chemistry Department colleagues praised -- repeat, slowly, praised -- the "detailed, transparent approach of the University's leadership in identifying and acting on the full scope of problems that were uncovered." That statement passes neither the laugh, leadership, nor integrity test. Claiming to approve the courageous response to misdeeds, Ashby in fact willingly participated in the dishonorable coverup. No Silence of the Rams for her. Bleating sheep manure, instead.

Has Ashby done a fine job this year? Has she recanted her original sin? I hope she will very soon be able to use Duke as a stepping stone to move up her career ladder. Maybe Baylor could use her vision, courage, and leadership right about now. Until she leaves, Duke University is tainted by the deepest academic scandal in CH: the degradation of academic integrity by the very people charged with its defense.
    Last edited by gumbomoop; 05-26-2016 at 10:01 AM.

Has SAC set a specific date for release of the one year review? The paid guns, i'm sure, have been engaged in honing their 'dog and ram' act in a manner suitable to SAC to the degree that their slap on the wrist will leave nary a mark.
    The University of North Carolina
    Where CHEATING is a Way of Life

Quote Originally Posted by madscavenger View Post
    Has SAC set a specific date for release of the one year review? The paid guns, i'm sure, have been engaged in honing their 'dog and ram' act in a manner suitable to SAC to the degree that their slap on the wrist will leave nary a mark.
    Last year they SACS held their June meeting on June 11th and released results on June 18th. I would expect a similar schedule.

face it guys...no harm, no foul....

they skate...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

face it guys...no harm, no foul...

they skate...
    I hate to say it, but after everything we've seen this looks to be true.

face it guys...no harm, no foul...

they skate...
    Yep and because their lack of integrity and decency has been laid bare, they are NOT OUR RIVALS. After despising them with a modicum of respect for 49 years, it's going to take intense effort to put them into my indifferent "file."

I wish I could feel indifferent to them...I, too, have despised them all my life... All that's changed is having the "modicum of respect". The feeling of hatred has only intensified!

They might escape the NCAA, but I believe in karma. And so does Kris Jenkins! There'll be more to come.

I get depressed everytime I see this thread, but then I read it anyway just in case maybe...

Sigh... Am I the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post
    I get depressed everytime I see this thread, but then I read it anyway just in case maybe...

Sigh... Am I the only one?
    no....i'm looking for some new thread....this one is depressing...

well, like depressing a lot...that is, until the ncaa gives them a wrist slap...that thread is really gonna depress me...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Maybe everyone ought to step back, take a breath and wait for the NCAA COI to announce the penalties for 5 LEVEL 1 INFRACTIONS BY A REPEAT OFFENDER!

Then maybe we will have something to discuss or complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Maybe everyone ought to step back, take a breath and wait for the NCAA COI to announce the penalties for 5 LEVEL 1 INFRACTIONS BY A REPEAT OFFENDER!

That's the way to go, Indoor. You hit the bull. They are walking the plank very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post

There was some discussion a while ago that suggested the NCAA is worried that too harsh a penalty will just result in legal proceedings and a reduction in penalties in the future.

The COI is different than the investigators that put together the ANOA. I am holding onto the idea that the COI looks at all of the documents that have been released and are still in the ANOA. After studying them all, they then do the unexpected and quote directly from UNC's report to SACS and to the charts in the W report about attendance in abnormal classes. That leads them to imparting penalties beyond the dates and teams listed in the ANOA. UNC would go ballistic and file suits and eventually have the penalties reduced. However, just like PSU the PR damage will already be done.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    There was some discussion a while ago that suggested the NCAA is worried that too harsh a penalty will just result in legal proceedings and a reduction in penalties in the future.

The COI is different than the investigators that put together the ANOA. I am holding onto the idea that the COI looks at all of the documents that have been released and are still in the ANOA. After studying them all, they then do the unexpected and quote directly from UNC's report to SACS and to the charts in the W report about attendance in abnormal classes. That leads them to imparting penalties beyond the dates and teams listed in the ANOA. UNC would go ballistic and file suits and eventually have the penalties reduced. However, just like PSU the PR damage will already be done.
    Could they thought? The NCAA clearly overreached in punishing PSU for a child sex scandal. In this case the NCAA would be punishing UNC for cheating to keep athletes enrolled and eligible.

i'm over it...the COI will prolly hand down some convoluted BS about 2 scholarships lost on the first tuesday of each semester for a yet-to-be-determined time period or something equally meaningless...

The coi can't hit unc mbb a little. This is all or nothing I think. Since men's basketball is no longer mentioned in the NOA even a small slap on the wrist means they're guilty of something. Which is almost like a confirmation that they are downplaying penalties.

I don't expect ANY penalties for mbb at this point.

An oldy goldy

http://www.foxsports.com/south/story/unc-player-plagiarized-from-11-year-olds-102512