Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duke09hms View Post
    So does this officially mean all the PackPride people like Manalishi/RCCPMD/BlueDevilious are FOS? They really staked their reps on a 6th Level 1 and a Level 2.
    All I can say is:
    THANK YOU VILLANOVA!!!
    BlueDevilicious is not a PackPride guy. He revealed his identity weeks ago and has never claimed insider information. He has just done analysis of the document releases and tried to publicize that information.

Quote Originally Posted by duke09hms View Post
    So does this officially mean all the PackPride people like Manalishi/RCCPMD/BlueDevilious are FOS? They really staked their reps on a 6th Level 1 and a Level 2.
    All I can say is:
    THANK YOU VILLANOVA!!!
    RCCPMD was the one who brought fourth the 6th level 1 and they outed them self today as a troll and UNC fan.

Not sure what to say about other two, don't think they are trolls but looks to have been given bad info or didn't have good sources.

Looks like the bottom line as to the non-WBB extra benefits is that they're saying that those benefits went to athletes and non-athletes, so they can't charge extra benefit to athletes.

I guess it all makes sense. What University wouldn't move heaven and earth for a really good WBB program?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Outlaw View Post
    RCCPMD was the one who brought fourth the 6th level 1 and they outed them self today as an inveterate liar full of self-hate.

Not sure what to say about other two, don't think they are trolls but looks to have been given bad info or didn't have good sources.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    Looks like the bottom line as to the non-WBB extra benefits is that they're saying that those benefits went to athletes and non-athletes, so they can't charge extra benefit to athletes.
    So, it worked. As long as the classes are open to the general student population, it pretty much can't be classified as an impermissible benefit, even if the classes were originally created to keep athletes eligible and a disportionate number of athletes were enrolled and fed into the system by the academic support system.

That's good to know. Thanks NCAA!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    FIFY
    Wow, just wow. Theyre really going to skate...

To be fair, I bet the NCAA gives Carol Folt a stern talking-to.

What a joke.

Now, UNC self-imposes a post-season ban for a year, two years on women's hoops; drops a few schollies for two seasons; and a fine. That's it. NCAA accepts, case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    I'm sure they are celebrating in Chapel Hill right now...

Yep, here's a live feed from inside the Dean Dome:

"I swear Roy must redeem extra timeouts at McDonald's the day after the game for free hamburgers." --Posted on InsideCarolina, 2/18/2015

Quote Originally Posted by tux View Post
    Originally Posted by swood1000
    So, it worked. As long as the classes are open to the general student population, it pretty much can't be classified as an impermissible benefit, even if the classes were originally created to keep athletes eligible and a disportionate number of athletes were enrolled and fed into the system by the academic support system.

So now we know that over the last eight months UNC was busy convincing the enforcement staff that since the corruption was pervasive throughout the entire university, and not limited to student-athletes, it was none of their business.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy3469 View Post
    FWIW, I don't know about lightens up on the time period they are going to get hit on. They (probably including the coaches) are going to get hammered for the 2005-6 to 2010-11 time period. My guess is Roy et al get show cause orders against them (it wasn't clear how the NCAA was going to get there cleanly in the original NOA) and the other institutional penalties may be tougher.

What I don't understand is how or why they shortened the time period of the LOIC allegation from the 2002-3 start to conveniently 2005-6.
    The same reason the Syracuse allegations conveniently started in the Fall of 2003. Spineless.
    Duke 5 - UNC 4*

Quote Originally Posted by tux View Post

This reaction is why when this was released a couple weeks ago I took it as a bad sign: http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...l?sf23996574=1

Basically, under the old guidelines they couldn't classify it as an impermissible benefit, but going forward they can (maybe..).

We competed with UNC and won more of our share for decades while they were cheating, so we can still do that. My enjoyment of the rivalry already has gone down some knowing how corrupt UNC has been. I worry that for the NCAA to let UNC skate will also detract from my enjoyment of Duke basketball, since, while I love the program, its leadership, and the sport, I don't know if I'll be able completely to separate it from the rotting stench of the NCAA in which the program must operate. Sort of how I didn't like baseball quite as much during the height of the steroid era.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    I have to admit, the new NOA is a stunner ...

I have been one of the strongest advocates of the "trust the NCAA to do the right thing" in the long run ... I apologize and admit that I was wrong. Absolutely wrong. My sources were wrong. I was wrong, wrong, wrong.

I can't believe it, but the skeptics and pessimists seem to be right. The NCAA is going to ignore mountains of evidence and let them skate.

Wow .. just wow.

I'm sure they are celebrating in Chapel Hill right now -- they ought to take to the streets and have the celebration they didn't have after the national title game.

Not sure they are 100 percent sure to skate (in men's basketball), but the odds are looking better ... and the chances of the hammer falling are slim.

I'm a wanker for saying this ... I'm a wanker for saying this ... I'm a wanker for saying this

No -- that's not the board's obscenity filter ... that's me whacking myself in reaction to the news.
    I've been on the side that the NCAA will never do the right thing. I'm not surprised that Kerlina will get off easy. It's the NCAA. They are inconsistent. They are incompetent. They are spineless.

The NCAA will either over-punish, under-punish, or do something completely idiotic. Asking them to do the right thing is a joke.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Looks like we learned that Nixon should have used whoever UNC used.

The NCAA decided to make a statement with this case. And that statement is that no one is more corrupt than it is.

Unhappy The NCAA makes far too much money off the Tournament

to EVER vacate the winner, no matter how badly they cheated or who they are. It's one thing to vacate a Final Four or runner-up; hardly anyone ever notices. It'd be something else entirely to tell the whole country who fixated on March Madness for a month that the whole thing was for naught: the winner is no longer the winner and, indeed, neither is the runner-up. There is no champion for that year!

I guess I've become a cynic in my old age, but I just can't see the NCAA choosing integrity over TV ratings and money. And I can't see the member institutions doing so either. They want that TV cash!

Am I wrong?
    Last edited by Law Prof; 04-25-2016 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Typo!

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    So now we know that over the last eight months UNC was busy convincing the enforcement staff that since the corruption was pervasive throughout the entire university, and not limited to student-athletes, it was none of their business.
    Which seems runs contrary to the NCAA's AMA, LRIC, and Legislative Council interpretation in the 'Cuse case.

I mean, at the end of the day 'Cuse's MBB is probably going to get hit harder than UNC MBB will which is just mindblowing to me ('Cuse got hit for a 5 year probation since they violations occurred over 10 years...we are only looking at 6 years for UNC now...hello 3 years of probation).

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Outlaw View Post
    RCCPMD was the one who brought fourth the 6th level 1 and they outed them self today as a troll and UNC fan.

As upset as I am by the NCAA's complete fecklessness and the total corruption of college athletics, @RCCPMD may just go down as one of the greatest trolls and sh*t posters in history. I believed it hook, line, and sinker.

At least the last week was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    ... -Jason "we had our hopes raised in recent weeks that this would be a truly terrifying document -- just because it isn't it does not mean Carolina isn't still in a whole lot of trouble" Evans
    I was bamboozled.

To quote Sheldon from Big Bang Theory: "What's real? What isn't? How can I know?"