2 5.26%
  • Christian Fletcher

2 5.26%
  • Christian Grant

25 65.79%
  • Christian Davis

9 23.68%

First round help me name my kid poll...

I'll have different rounds, combing it down to a select few to present to the wife. Out of fairness, I'm starting with an all Christian poll, so that those votes don't get watered down too much, as that was the most popular first name mentioned.

Oh, and I'll still take suggestions on the other thread...

if people still have suggestions.

First of all, I want to congratulate you on an excellent selection for the first name (it's mine as well). I went with Christian Grant because I like the sound of it.

Just want to say I'm feeling good that my suggestion of Christian Grant has made the first cut (and is currently kicking butt in this poll). I echo the comments that it has a nice cadence to it, but also, how can you go wrong by naming your child after arguably the two greatest Blue Devils in history (or is that even arguable?)?

Think of Initials also

I went with Christian Grant as it has a nice ring to it. I liked Christian Davis also but, if I recall correctly, your last name starts with C, which would make the initials be CDC and no one should go through life with the initials for the Center for Disease Control.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    but also, how can you go wrong by naming your child after arguably the two greatest Blue Devils in history (or is that even arguable?)?
    Not only the two greatest players, but the two that made the greatest play in Duke basketball history. Perhaps the name should follow the sequence of the play...Grant Christian. Nah. Christian Grant does sound better.

-EarlJam

I'm kind of glad...

that Christian Flether has NO votes. There was a kid in my middle school, a real jerk of a bully that used a gang of about eight to beat up on kids that was smaller than he was (if you're the biggest kid on the playground, do you really need help?), who was named Christian Fletcher. First and last name, not first and middle, but I still don't think I'd go with it for that reason.

How about Grant Christian?

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    that Christian Flether has NO votes. There was a kid in my middle school, a real jerk of a bully that used a gang of about eight to beat up on kids that was smaller than he was (if you're the biggest kid on the playground, do you really need help?), who was named Christian Fletcher. First and last name, not first and middle, but I still don't think I'd go with it for that reason.
    My mind is drawing a blank, who is Fletcher in Duke bb? Or is this a family name?

thanks...

Thanks for voting, everybody. I guess Christian Grant moves on to the main vote.