Page 12 of 113 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Lillard is so fun to watch. A poor man's Steph.

The trailblazers need to try to not let this one slip away. Wins at golden state don't grow on trees.

Blazers went cold at the wrong time. 8 points in the first 10+ minutes of the 4th quarter lets Golden State storm back to a 9 point lead with 1:47 to play. Draymond is just ridiculously good.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

It's slipped

Just your run-of-the-mill 34-12 4th quarter for the Warriors. Ho hum.

That was a really impressive finish on both ends of the court.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

22 point swing in the 4th quarter without the reigning Mvp! Wow, just wow.

Plumlee just got his shot blocked again...

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Silky, you should play with some of my golfing buddies. One day we were playing this real nice golf course and all of a sudden I see sand flying out of one of the bunkers. My buddy wasn't trying to hit the ball out of the bunker, he was practicing his swing in the bunker. Bad thing about it, he knows the rules and still breaks them. Then he'll turn in a score at the end of play that he couldn't shoot if we let him play from the ladies tees. GoDuke!
    Then make him keep the scores in calculating his handicap -- he should be easy pickins' when it's time to play for money or prizes.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    D- WADDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEE
    Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    Wade with a huge play to seal the win. That was tougher than it needed to be, but winning Game 1 on the road is obviously good, no matter how it's done.
    Between the end of this game and Game 6 of the Charlotte series, D. Wade is reminding everyone how important it is to have a Hall of Famer in both skill and competitiveness on your squad. The dude is a gamer, my goodness. Between the shots, the blocked shots, the leadership and sense of the moment, he is still a serious force to be reckoned with.

This whole "Bosh wants to play but the Heat won't let him" story is really unique. I don't blame the Heat for not wanting to be party to a death of one of their beloved players. I also understand, on some level, Bosh's competitive spirit, but a guy on blood thinners should probably not be in position to take a bruising shot to the head or anywhere else. The NBA Players Association is fighting on his behalf, and despite the fact that he is at odds with the team, he apparently traveled up to Toronto with the Arisons on their plane.

I will say this, the Heat with Bosh would be really tough. Kudos also to Dragic for a few really good games in a row. Heat v Cavs would be fun.

As for Toronto, let's see if they can convince us that they aren't just happy to be in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    As for Toronto, let's see if they can convince us that they aren't just happy to be in the second round.
    It was a disappointing performance from the Raps for sure. Once they got the first-round monkey off their back, I thought they would actually raise their level of play in the second-round since they could play freer.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    It was a disappointing performance from the Raps for sure. Once they got the first-round monkey off their back, I thought they would actually raise their level of play in the second-round since they could play freer.
    Happy and cocky Drake makes me angry. I want to see memes of Drake crying after a devastating 5 game loss. Karma is a beautiful thing...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Between the end of this game and Game 6 of the Charlotte series, D. Wade is reminding everyone how important it is to have a Hall of Famer in both skill and competitiveness on your squad. The dude is a gamer, my goodness. Between the shots, the blocked shots, the leadership and sense of the moment, he is still a serious force to be reckoned with.

This whole "Bosh wants to play but the Heat won't let him" story is really unique. I don't blame the Heat for not wanting to be party to a death of one of their beloved players. I also understand, on some level, Bosh's competitive spirit, but a guy on blood thinners should probably not be in position to take a bruising shot to the head or anywhere else. The NBA Players Association is fighting on his behalf, and despite the fact that he is at odds with the team, he apparently traveled up to Toronto with the Arisons on their plane.

I will say this, the Heat with Bosh would be really tough. Kudos also to Dragic for a few really good games in a row. Heat v Cavs would be fun.

This may be well known to others, but here's an interesting tidbit: When Loyola Marymount star Hank Gathers collapsed on the court (later to die at the hospital), he was yards away from the opponent Portland Pirates' point guard: Erik Spoelstra.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_G...tion_and_death

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    This may be well known to others, but here's an interesting tidbit: When Loyola Marymount star Hank Gathers collapsed on the court (later to die at the hospital), he was yards away from the opponent Portland Pirates' point guard: Erik Spoelstra.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_G...tion_and_death
    I had heard that but didn't make the connection vis-a-vis the current Bosh situation...great insight! I am sure, aside from all the legal and ethical concerns, that first-person experience plays a role.

I had heard that but didn't make the connection vis-a-vis the current Bosh situation...great insight! I am sure, aside from all the legal and ethical concerns, that first-person experience plays a role.
    There is more to life than the NBA playoffs. I would like to believe that the Heat organization, from Micky Arizon down, is most motivated by caring for Bosh's health and well being over basketball.

cavs balling...just tied the record for 3's in a half with 12

update...lebron for 13
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

update....new nba playoff game record...22 of 34...

lebron with only 27....got another qtr to go tho...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    update...new nba playoff game record...22 of 34...

lebron with only 27...got another qtr to go tho...
    Kyrie got the 21st and 22nd, Dahntay got the 24th to set the game record.

The Pacers just fired Vogel. Bad move, Larry Bird. So stupid.

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Beem View Post
    Kyrie got the 21st and 22nd, Dahntay got the 24th to set the game record.
    The Cavs made more three pointers than two pointers. I wonder if that's ever happened in the NBA?

The Heat announced that they will hold Bosh out the rest of the playoffs. They could have gave the Cavs a good run with him, can't see it happening without him.