Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    For awhile the Duke women had a Jackson, a Johnson and a Jones. And a Williams on the side.

Somehow they missed having a Smith.
    Recruiting is never perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Oops...Jackson.

It would be nice to have Brice one more year t UNC.
    Just think of how many more classes Brice could take ...

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    For awhile the Duke women had a Jackson, a Johnson and a Jones. And a Williams on the side.

Somehow they missed having a Smith.
    Too bad Brooke didn't redshirt for a few years (and, of course, didn't transfer.)

Back on topic: ACC players declaring and 'testing'.. is this list right now?? I am also listing transfers too - a FULL list of player 'losses' if you will.

As far as I can tell, underclassmen in the ACC who have declared are
    " GONE "
    Ingram, FR, F - Duke
    Barber, JR, PG - State
    Demetrius Jackson, JR, PG - Notre Dame
    Beasley - FSU

"Testing the waters" seems to include at least:
    Abu - State
    Beacham - Notre Dame
    Rathan-Mayes - FSU
    Blossomgame - Clemson
    Onuaku - L'ville
    Justin Jackson - UNC

Transfers"
    Thornton - PG Duke
    Both Martin twins - Fs at NC State

Who am I missing??

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Back on topic: ACC players declaring and 'testing'.. is this list right now?? I am also listing transfers too - a FULL list of player 'losses' if you will.

" GONE "
    Ingram, FR, F - Duke
    Barber, JR, PG - State
    Beasley - FSU

Abu - State
    Beacham - Notre Dame
    Rathan-Mayes - FSU
    Blossomgame - Clemson
    Onuaku - L'ville
    Justin Jackson - UNC

Transfers"
    Thornton - PG Duke

Who am I missing??
    A bunch of other transfers. Most are inconsequential. The most significant is probably:

G Jalen Hudson, Va Tech

Also:
    F Satchel Pierce, Va Tech
    G Robbie Berwick, FSU
    C Andre Washington, Wake Forest
    PG Kaleb Joseph, Syracuse
    G -- Rondale Watson, Wake Forest
    G Matt Milon, Boston College

There is also Wake Forest G Cornelius Hudson, who was dismissed from the Deacs with about a week to go in the season if you want to count him.

I may be missing a few ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Oops...Jackson.

It would be nice to have Brice one more year t UNC.
    You can call me John. You can call me Johnny. You can call me John - John. You can even call me Jackson. But don't you ever call me Johnson.😆😆

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    You can call me John. You can call me Johnny. You can call me John - John. You can even call me Jackson. But don't you ever call me Johnson.😆😆

ricks
    Or BIG?

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    You can call me John. You can call me Johnny. You can call me John - John. You can even call me Jackson. But don't you ever call me Johnson.����

ricks
    Do you sorta kinda look like Leon Redbone?

Hey, I'm Boog Powell!

" GONE "
    Ingram, FR, F - Duke
    Barber, JR, PG - State
    Beasley - FSU

Abu - State
    Beacham - Notre Dame
    Rathan-Mayes - FSU
    Blossomgame - Clemson
    Onuaku - L'ville
    Justin Jackson - UNC

Transfers"
    Thornton - PG Duke
    EDIT. Add Jalen Hudsin VTech

Who am I missing??

Done it Again

Every year at this time, I declare myself eligible for the NBA draft. I have 4 years of eligibility left. Silly you think? Oh no.

Hear me out.

I never hire an agent. That's important. It's also efficient, because none returns my phone calls.

The likelihood of my being drafted is small, fair that. The likelihood of my being accidentally being picked up by a foreign team is remote too but less remote than the NBA thing. So you can say there's little chance, but you can't say there is zero chance.

And what if I do get drafted? All I paid was the price of the stamp.

Remember: Early Entry isn't about age; It's about years of eligibility remaining. In today's basketball, experience matters.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post

" GONE "
    Ingram, FR, F - Duke
    Barber, JR, PG - State
    Beasley - FSU

Abu - State
    Beacham - Notre Dame
    Rathan-Mayes - FSU
    Blossomgame - Clemson
    Onuaku - L'ville
    Justin Jackson - UNC

Transfers"
    Thornton - PG Duke
    EDIT. Add Jalen Hudsin VTech

Who am I missing??
    As I posted before, you are missing:

G Robbie Berwick, FSU
    G Rondale Watson, Wake Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Every year at this time, I declare myself eligible for the NBA draft. I have 4 years of eligibility left. Silly you think? Oh no.

Hear me out.

I never hire an agent. That's important. It's also efficient, because none returns my phone calls.

The likelihood of my being drafted is small, fair that. The likelihood of my being accidentally being picked up by a foreign team is remote too but less remote than the NBA thing. So you can say there's little chance, but you can't say there is zero chance.

Remember: Early Entry isn't about age; It's about years of eligibility remaining. In today's basketball, experience matters.
    Isn't it a little early to be drinking on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    A bunch of other transfers. Most are inconsequential. The most significant is probably:

G Jalen Hudson, Va Tech

Also:
    G Robbie Berwick, FSU
    G -- Rondale Watson, Wake Forest

There is also Wake Forest G Cornelius Hudson, who was dismissed from the Deacs with about a week to go in the season if you want to count him.

I may be missing a few ...
    Could Kaleb Joseph be significant? He was reasonably highly rated coming out of high school or was that a mirage?
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Or BIG?
    Or Sweaty...

He's a legend.

Hear me out.

That method very much reminds me of this: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...ba-draft_x.htm

Hear me out.

I hate to burst your bubble on this, but if (a) you attended college and (b) that attendance began 5 of more years ago, then you have no eligibility left. Unless of course you had multiple serious injuries or went on a mission. But once you start college, your eligibility clock starts ticking, and you have just five years available to play. Sadly, despite never playing a second of collegiate athletics, my eligibility expired 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble on this, but if (a) you attended college and (b) that attendance began 5 of more years ago, then you have no eligibility left. Unless of course you had multiple serious injuries or went on a mission. But once you start college, your eligibility clock starts ticking, and you have just five years available to play. Sadly, despite never playing a second of collegiate athletics, my eligibility expired 10 years ago.
    Thanks for being a Debbie Downer. I was looking forward to Henderson being drafted in the second round by the 76ers. With a basketball name like Henderson, I'm sure the 76ers would have drafted him.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

To add to the Front Page article on Wake's grad student transfer, 6-6 Austin Arians averaged 31 minutes, 11.4 points and 3.8 rebounds for the 20-13 Univ. of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. This is getting lost in the Howard-Beale style rant by departing UMW announcer, Bill Johnson, excerpted here:

... Before the decision is made for me, I am officially announcing my retirement as the voice of Milwaukee Panthers Men's basketball.

I would say it's taking the last life boat off the Titanic, but that would be unfair to the crew of the Titanic.

Never have so many competent, talented people been run off by such a talentless group of entitled bureaucrats. No matter how much the coaches, players, and support staff care, they can't overcome incompetent administrators. UWM leads the world in incompetent administrators.

I criticize awful athletic directors like Koonce, Costello, Geiger, and Braun. It's not their fault. Hell, if they elected me President I'd take the job. If I suck at it, it's not my fault. I'm not qualified to be President.

Should Amanda Braun turn down an AD job just because she's horribly under-qualified? Hell no. She's a bad AD, and a deplorable human being, but those are the cards she's been dealt.

Those in charge of the UW System have failed to hire effective administrators. Failed. F F F F! It has been my pleasure to work with the wonderful players and coaches for 17 seasons.

Finally, best of luck to [new coach] LaVall Jordan, his staff, and the players. As so often happens in the NCAA, it's not your fault. Win and get out quick, because long term is fatal at UWM Athletics. Panther Nation, it has been my pleasure.Cheers!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    To add to the Front Page article on Wake's grad student transfer, 6-6 Austin Arians averaged 31 minutes, 11.4 points and 3.8 rebounds for the 20-13 Univ. of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. This is getting lost in the Howard-Beale style rant by departing UMW announcer, Bill Johnson, excerpted here:
    Note to Bill Johnson: drunk posting feels good when you do it, but it's a bad idea from the morning on. Trust me on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Could Kaleb Joseph be significant? He was reasonably highly rated coming out of high school or was that a mirage?
    Joseph was a big-time recruit (top 50) who was projected to come in and replace Tyler Ennis at point guard for the 'Cuse. Actually, the plan was that he would come in and back up Ennis for a year or two, then inherit the job. Ennis spoiled that by going pro after his freshman season. Joseph was thrust into the starting role as a freshman and he was not ready.

He started 30 of 31 games in 2014-15, averaging 5.9 points and almost four assists (and almost three turnovers) a game. He shot 37.9 from the floor and an awful 20.0 from the 3-point line.

That wouldn't have been so bad, except he didn't improve. In fact, he almost never got off the bench last season. He scored 16 points in 19 games and was a non-factor.

So, yes, at one point Joseph was a significant player for Syracuse. But at this point -- with their scholarship limitations -- his departure probably helps them open space for somebody who might help them.