Well we left off the 2016 thread talking about the roster for 2017. We have just very recently received a commitment from 6'4 post Emily Schubert and based on observations I do believe Kendall Cooper will be back in uniform for us!

I believe Duke will have seven McDonald's All-Americans on the roster next season: Brown, Cooper, Chidom, Greenwell, Belton, Lambert, and Odom.

Here's hoping we have a great 2017-18 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    I believe Duke will have seven McDonald's All-Americans on the roster next season: Brown, Cooper, Chidom, Greenwell, Belton, Lambert, and Odom.

Here's hoping we have a great 2017-18 season.
    A good season and our recruiting ability the next few months after a not so favorable PR will go a long way in determining
    if coach P is here in 2020. Our post play is no longer one of our strength's lets hope our offensive can be designed to best
    compliment our talent. [ Yes a good motion ]

Quote Originally Posted by aswewere View Post
    A good season and our recruiting ability the next few months after a not so favorable PR will go a long way in determining
    if coach P is here in 2020. Our post play is no longer one of our strength's lets hope our offensive can be designed to best
    compliment our talent. [ Yes a good motion ]
    The most success McCallie has had here is strongly dependent upon her guards performance (Jas Thomas, Chelsea Gray, Alexis Jones). We don't do a good job at giving our posts multiple looks in her offense (Elizabeth Williams numbers should have sky rocketed her senior year), so maybe it's a good thing our strength has shifted back to the guards.

Quote Originally Posted by terrell43n View Post
    The most success McCallie has had here is strongly dependent upon her guards performance (Jas Thomas, Chelsea Gray, Alexis Jones). We don't do a good job at giving our posts multiple looks in her offense (Elizabeth Williams numbers should have sky rocketed her senior year), so maybe it's a good thing our strength has shifted back to the guards.
    You have to have a precision run offense with screens to free up our better out side shooters, love the pick & roll
    and dump the mindset that offense is over rated.

Looks like the signal-to-noise ratio in this thread is going to be just as bad as the last one. That said ...

I doubt we'll see much of it, but next year's team looks like it's capable of playing man, at least when Greenie is not on the floor.

It's been quite a while (some would say since Chelsea, i would say since Alana) since Duke has had a player that can take over a game, and can be counted on to create her own shot on a consistent basis. That could save a lot of possessions that ended with a forced pass late in the shot clock.

Our post play will be fine if Chidom's shoulder and Belton's knee hold up. The game seemed to slow down for Oderah about halfway through last season. She had five or six games where she played at an all-ACC level. More, please.

I don't expect it, but we have enough athleticism and depth to play like Cuse next year.

Play like Cuse? hahahahaha

Play like Syracuse? And monkeys might fly out of my ……

Everyone says we will play ok next year w/out Stevens since we have so many McDs returning. With those McDs last year, we lost to Wake. Unfortunately, its hard for me to be positive. If we lose early next year, pressure will mount more and more on P and the team.

Quote Originally Posted by guruhoops View Post
    With those McDs last year, we lost to Wake.
    You are severely underestimating Lexie Brown.

McCallie is under real fire now.

A media guy by the name of Mike Flynn has been telling me and several others for quite some time (at least a year and a half) that this would happen and today it finally appears. http://www.swishappeal.com/2016/4/12...source=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by aswewere View Post
    You have to have a precision run offense with screens to free up our better out side shooters, love the pick & roll
    and dump the mindset that offense is over rated.
    These are things I already know, but I'm not sure McCallie does.