Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doria View Post
    Yeah, I'll agree that the witch's fortune is more likely to be true than not. Well, it certainly looks that way at this point.

As regards the High Sparrow/Cersei fight... I don't know. It's peculiar, but I find myself able to recognize that the High Sparrow probably has legitimately helped a bunch of people, despite at least some degree of religious zealotry, and Cersei is a repugnant person in most ways, but I was actually horribly disappointed that Jaime didn't just do everyone a favor last night and kill him. I didn't really think he would, but at that moment, that felt like the best of all possible worlds.

With respects to the Tyrion line of questioning, I forgot--were there some hints that he could have been illegitimate? I thought the dragons were basically just horribly bored and depressed, and thus, gave Tyrion the benefit of the doubt and didn't fry him.
    There are several decent videos up on the web that make a decent case for why both Jon and Tyrion are Targaryens.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    There are several decent videos up on the web that make a decent case for why both Jon and Tyrion are Targaryens.
    How do you account for Tywin's attitude toward Tyrion?

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Beem View Post
    How do you account for Tywin's attitude toward Tyrion?
    Are you implying that Tyrian must be a Lannister because Tywin treated him as a Lannister or that Tywin treated Tyrian with such disdain and lack of respect that Tywin must have suspected Tyrian might not be his legitimate son? There are a number of times over the seasons where Tywin says, "you are no son of mine" or "I cannot prove you are not my son" that seemed like he was disowning a disappointing dwarf on first viewing but with hindsight, now seem like they may be Tywin actually questioning whether Tyrian was the product of his wife having an affair with someone else.

-Jason "as I re-read that graph, it is kinda confusing... sorry" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    There are a number of times over the seasons where Tywin says, "you are no son of mine" or "I cannot prove you are not my son" that seemed like he was disowning a disappointing dwarf on first viewing but with hindsight, now seem like they may be Tywin actually questioning whether Tyrian was the product of his wife having an affair with someone else.
    Yes. My favorite less-popularized detail of this theory is that Tywin found out his wife was pregnant in an affair, and in trying to induce a stillbirth/abortion somehow caused Tyrion's deformity.

T-Y-R-I-O-N people, please!

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    T-Y-R-I-O-N people, please!
    Sorry, for those of us who have not read the books, we have not necessarily seen the names in writing all that much.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Is it unfathomable that the Lannisters might just have Targaryen blood through a wife of somebody way back? I mean, heck, House Baratheon was started by a bastard Targaryen.

Is it unfathomable that the Lannisters might just have Targaryen blood through a wife of somebody way back? I mean, heck, House Baratheon was started by a bastard Targaryen.
    I've read this floated as a fan theory in a couple of places. Some theorize that Tyrion is not the secret Lannister-Targaryen, but in fact that Jaime and Cersei are (and that Tyrion is possibly Tywin's only biological son). This would render the entire recent Baratheon line a Targaryen dynasty, rather than a Baratheon one. Interesting thoughts.

Are you implying that Tyrian must be a Lannister because Tywin treated him as a Lannister or that Tywin treated Tyrian with such disdain and lack of respect that Tywin must have suspected Tyrian might not be his legitimate son? There are a number of times over the seasons where Tywin says, "you are no son of mine" or "I cannot prove you are not my son" that seemed like he was disowning a disappointing dwarf on first viewing but with hindsight, now seem like they may be Tywin actually questioning whether Tyrian was the product of his wife having an affair with someone else.

-Jason "as I re-read that graph, it is kinda confusing... sorry" Evans
    This is pretty much it in a nutshell. The most compelling video strings all of these scenes together along with a few more to make the case that Tyrion is indeed a Targaryen.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonevans View Post
    sorry, for those of us who have not read the books, we have not necessarily seen the names in writing all that much.
    Sorta like T-H-O-R-N-T-O-N?
    Let's go Duke!

Well, if Westeros is anything like the real world, all the royal houses on the main continent, at the very least, would probably be interrelated somewhere along the line, right? I guess the Targaryens might be a bit of an exception to this, as the point is made that their custom is to marry each other, but still the odds are pretty good that everyone is interrelated if you go back far enough (logically speaking).

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    Yep, Viserys wasn't terribly fireproof.

-Jason "probably the moment where I truly became hooked on the show" Evans

Of course, having molten gold poured over your head isn't quite the same as death by fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Doria View Post
    Well, if Westeros is anything like the real world, all the royal houses on the main continent, at the very least, would probably be interrelated somewhere along the line, right? I guess the Targaryens might be a bit of an exception to this, as the point is made that their custom is to marry each other, but still the odds are pretty good that everyone is interrelated if you go back far enough (logically speaking).
    Yes, but looking at the family trees, not ALL the Targaryens married their siblings. And Tywin Lannister married his first cousin.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Spoiler alert - I'm asking a question about the most recent episode, S6:E2 Home. See below.

I had to leave the room because there are some things I am unwilling to watch - did they actually show a baby being eaten by dogs?

No..
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Spoiler alert - I'm asking a question about the most recent episode, S6:E2 Home. See below.
    In this thread, once an episode has aired you can ask any question about it. There is no such thing as spoilers for an already aired episode.

In this thread, once an episode has aired you can ask any question about it. There is no such thing as spoilers for an already aired episode.
    But there is also always the [spoiler] tag if anyone wants to play it safe...

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention

"He was no Dragon. Fire cannot kill the Dragon."

Totally. That's when Daenerys became a total Nate James.

No comments yet on Jon Snow's mic drop? Dayum.