Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Starting to get ugly...

It's 27-9 and at least I can take a postive away from the game - I did not bother to go. I hope they don't fire Roof after the game, but let him finish out the string (I wouldn't even mind if they let him back next year). If next year is another disaster and the administration is serious about football; then maybe they try hire someone with head coaching experience.

Pretty disappointing performance today.

Thad was off, and I really felt like the coaches just got in the team's way in the first half. The play-calling was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    The play-calling was terrible.
    I gotta say, I've felt that way pretty much all year. There was one series where we went incomplete pass, incomplete pass, then run on 3rd and 10, for 4 yards.
    I have (yet again) reached the point of despair for the football season.

Wow, interception and TD return, it just got really really ugly...
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 10-06-2007 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Wow, interception and TD return, it just really really ugly...
    I hate to agree, but the facts speak for themselves.

Huge play for Re'quan
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 10-06-2007 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Misspelled Re'quan

I agree with Jumbo about Thad, but Thad is making a solid case for at least taking a series off in this game

Oh, and don;'t count your Carolina collapses before they hatch, the Tarheels are again pulling away from Miami. Currently 33-20, bad guys.

--Jason

Pass interference on Eron in the end zone...some points this quarter would really help the mental outlook.

Just curious, did it make sense to go for two now? Or are there more kicking concerns?

Interception by Davis of Duke. Let's get another score!

34-15 right now, missed 2 point conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Are you related to Asack or something? Get off it already. You've got a sophomore QB who has pretty much carried this team to keep it competitive in recent weeks. You're building something here. If he were 0-for-20 with seven interceptions today, there would STILL be no reason to pull him. Let him go through his lumps, if he is indeed taking them, because he's Duke's long-term answer at QB.
    I do not share the view that Lewis is head and shoulders above Asack. Therefore, it is not clear to me that Lewis has carried the team more so than what Asack would have done given the chance with a game plan designed to utilize his skills. I do not buy necessarily that we are building anything more than what would have been built with Asack with the right coaching. In fact, I think Asack would have been, better for ball control offense.

Duke has struggled due to conservative play calling, and a sub-par performance by Lewis. Because I think Asack is right there with Lewis, given Asack's 3 inch height advantage and significant running advantage, I say on such a day good creative coaching would have put Asack in there.

Touchdown Blue Devils! Will they go for two again? Yes, and they converted now down by 11

34-23 now! We need to keep this rally going and have a huge 4th Quarter. Go Duke!
    Bob Green

34-29, let's go Duke!

Another missed 2 point conversion, but down to a 5 point lead.

That fickle lady known as "Miss Mo". Where the heck did Bob come up with that one?

We're coming back! Come on, defense!

There's still plenty of time.. for Duke to win!

I just heard that Ozzie is at the game, so I figured I do my part to be a paradigm of optimism.

9F!!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I have (yet again) reached the point of despair for the football season.
    So now we've woken up and are within a score. Regardless of the outcome of the game, I feel like a bit of a schmuck for the above statement.