Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Not our Ross Martin. From his Twitter bio:
    Ah, the evil twin. Probably has a goatee.

Alert: Ellis Brooks, the No. 4 ranked middle LB in the country according to Scout, is going to announce his college choice Thursday at 12:30 p.m.

Duke is 100 percent on the Crystal Ball at 247.

Brooks played at Richmond Benedictine High. He has offers from almost all the ACC and such schools as Michigan and Notre Dame.

He would be a HUGE get for the Blue Devils.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Alert: Ellis Brooks, the No. 4 ranked middle LB in the country according to Scout, is going to announce his college choice Thursday at 12:30 p.m.

Brooks played at Richmond Benedictine High. He has offers from almost all the ACC and such schools as Michigan and Notre Dame.

Wow, thanks Oly! That would rock.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Wow, thanks Oly! That would rock.
    And roll...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

This has the potential to be a really BIG day for Duke in two sports, Brooks could be the catalyst the Blue Devils need for recruiting momentum in the '17 class! LGD! #DukeGang

FWIW - Duke's Crystal Ball continues to trend in the right direction for Blue Devil fans. Duke is picking up new CB votes for Brooks, and remains at 100%. Lunchtime can't get here fast enough!

Ellis is good at football.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Great feet, really good pursuit speed, and hits like a Mack truck. I love how he runs through his target and de-cleats most of his opponents.

Welcome to duke ellis brooks!

Duke Football just landed stud ILB Ellis Brooks!!! Welcome aboard big fella!

https://twitter.com/mitchcarrtv/stat...42675428102144

Wow.

What a phenomenal pick-up for Cut and Co.

Follow the tweet trail and you get to this gem:

Mitch Carr ‏@mitchcarrtv 16m16 minutes ago

Benedictine HC Greg Lilly on Brooks: "We were going to put him on JV, and then we saw him hit people. We couldn't do that to 9th graders."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Follow the tweet trail and you get to this gem:

Mitch Carr ‏@mitchcarrtv 16m16 minutes ago

Benedictine HC Greg Lilly on Brooks: "We were going to put him on JV, and then we saw him hit people. We couldn't do that to 9th graders."
    Great catch! Here's the link, it wouldn't let me embed it

https://twitter.com/mitchcarrtv/stat...42045728858113

Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    Duke Football just landed stud ILB Ellis Brooks!!! Welcome aboard big fella!

https://twitter.com/mitchcarrtv/stat...42675428102144
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Wow.

What a phenomenal pick-up for Cut and Co.
    This does indeed look/sound huge. What a great pick-up!

Welcome Ellis!

#BangBang #DukeGang

Quote Originally Posted by nocilla View Post
    Love that, great share!

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Summary, please. That link appears to be only to subscribe to Rivals. Thanks.

Great news. Hopefully, this opens the floodgates!
    "Just like you man. I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase." Omar Little

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Summary, please. That link appears to be only to subscribe to Rivals. Thanks.
    Curious. It shows up on the free page for me and at the end readers are invited to share the link on Facebook and/or Twitter.

So, I'm pretty sure I'm not sharing proprietary info.

Here's the cut and paste version.

"Duke, traditionally a basketball-first school, is viewed as a football program on the rise. The Blue Devils have posted some impressive numbers over the past few years and their recruiting classes have improved dramatically. Rivals250 linebacker Ellis Brooks hopes to continue that momentum after issuing a verbal commitment to David Cutcliffe and the Blue Devils.

“The driving forces behind my commitment were I feel like it’s a great academic school,” said the 6-foot-2, 240-pound Brooks. “I’m trying to make a 40 year decision, not a four year decision. That was a big thing. It’s also close to home. My family can come see me play. My dad, Keith Brooks, is going to try to come to all my games and I want to make sure he doesn’t have to travel too far.

“I felt the most comfortable there,” he said. “It feels like a family. I’ve known these coaches for a while and it seems like the right now. That’s where god wanted me to be and where my family wanted me to be.”

Duke got their highest rated prospect ever in the 2015 class when Rivals100 wide receiver Scott Bracey signed his National Letter of Intent. Bracey, Brooks’ teammate at Richmond (Va.) Benedictine School, really helped the Blue Devils land Brooks’ commitment.

“I look at Scott like a brother,” Brooks said. “I shadowed him at Benedictine when I was in eighth grade when I was checking out the school. I’ve known Scott the longest out of everyone at Benedictine. Seeing how well Duke treated Scott, seeing how they interacted with him, seeing how much he loved it, and what his reasons were behind committing to them was definitely a big factor in my decision.”

Duke running backs coach Ra’quan Boyette was the main recruiter for Bracey and Brooks. He’s seemingly been able to lock down Benedictine for the Blue Devils.

“Coach Boyette has always been my recruiter and we have a great bond,” he said. “I talk to him almost every single week. When we get on the phone, he’s one of the few people I can talk to for a long time. I’ve really grown my relationship with coach Knowles and it’s been a great experience.”

Brooks wants to study business and minor in communications."