Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Spring Prospectus:

http://www.goduke.com/pdf9/4575906.pdf

We lost 12 starters, five on offense, five on defense and two on special teams. The five on offense does not include quarterback Thomas Sirk who officially returns but is out with a torn Achilles tendon. His recovery time and return to action is unknown.

Johnathan Lloyd has moved to wide receiver from defensive back. Two true freshmen are early enrollees and participating in Spring Practice, cornerback Mark Gilbert and safety Jacob Morganstern.

GoDuke has a short article on Day One:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200
    Great, Bob. Some thoughts:

The biggest revelation to me is that Cut is not at all ruling Sirk out...would not have been shocked to learn otherwise. Still no assurance if and when
    he can return, but it's nice to know it's a possibility.

Also thrilled about Lloyd at WR (Clemson had offered him yet we haven't found a spot for him yet, trying him at QB, DB and now WR).
    Also keen on keeping Edwards at CB, even with Fields coming back.

It'll be interesting to see how new DL coach Albert shuffles the deck on the defensive line...can't wait to see the two deep after Spring practice.

The possibilities are exciting. Forgive me for forgetting that Ross Cockrell and Jamison Crowder were two-star recruits...

Video clip with comments from quarterback Parker Boehme and Offensive Coordinator Zac Roper:

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke/video/15483683/

Interesting to hear Coach Roper say they are not ruling out the possibility Thomas Sirk will be back by September.
    Bob Green

Coach Cut could break 0.500

If we go 9-3 this season coach cut will have broken 0.500 since he arrived at Duke. To some this may not mean a lot, but to me this is a monumental achievement that signifies that we have made the complete 180 degree program turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by mbird30 View Post
    If we go 9-3 this season coach cut will have broken 0.500 since he arrived at Duke. To some this may not mean a lot, but to me this is a monumental achievement that signifies that we have made the complete 180 degree program turnaround.
    Hear, hear!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mbird30 View Post
    I'm excited about this coming season, but 9-3 is going to be really, really really difficult to achieve given the tougher schedule.

So is Pierre no longer on the chart as a quarterback? Didn't see him mentioned in any of the articles or discussion.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I'm excited about this coming season, but 9-3 is going to be really, really really difficult to achieve given the tougher schedule.
    I'll take steady progress towards the even record, 7-6 or 8-5 seems just fine. I expect Coach Cutcliffe to remain at Duke long enough to achieve a winning record when it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    So is Pierre no longer on the chart as a quarterback? Didn't see him mentioned in any of the articles or discussion.
    He was moved to RB last year, and I seem to recall an earlier announcement that he would retain that position. I will defer to others with better memory or information.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Video clip with comments from quarterback Parker Boehme and Offensive Coordinator Zac Roper:

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke/video/15483683/

Interesting to hear Coach Roper say they are not ruling out the possibility Thomas Sirk will be back by September
    It's very interesting in deed! I've heard some comments coming from Cut not long ago, asserting the need to do a full evaluation of all QBs on the roster. Working with the assumption that Sirk is out for the foreseeable future, Boehme was declared the #1 going into Spring Practice. Have there been any clear distinctions made by the staff regarding how Harris and Jones rank behind Boehme?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    He was moved to RB last year, and I seem to recall an earlier announcement that he would retain that position. I will defer to others with better memory or information.
    yeah, it's that last piece that would be news to me - if they decided to make it permanent.

2016 Schedule

Reference was made to difficult schedule this year. Is it out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by revmel53 View Post
    Reference was made to difficult schedule this year. Is it out yet?
    Here's the GoDuke link. Basically non-conference sked keeps NCCU, Army, and Northwestern (away) and adds Notre Dame instead of Tulane. Conference: the inter-divisional change is we lose BC and gain Louisville. (Wake is a permanent game on the schedule.)

Kindly,
    Sage
    'Travel tip -- head to Chicago on September 16. Stay eight days and see Duke @ NW and Duke @ND'
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Here's the GoDuke link. Basically non-conference sked keeps NCCU, Army, and Northwestern (away) and adds Notre Dame instead of Tulane. Conference: the inter-divisional change is we lose BC and gain Louisville. (Wake is a permanent game on the schedule.)

Kindly,
    Sage
    'Travel tip -- head to Chicago on September 16. Stay eight days and see Duke @ NW and Duke @ND'
    Ha! Blocked my office schedule already for Friday 9/16 and all the following week (including both weekends) as we hope to accomplish what you just posted above.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ha! Blocked my office schedule already for Friday 9/16 and all the following week (including both weekends) as we hope to accomplish what you just posted above.
    What a fun road trip! I would love to see Duke get some revenge against NW! How accessible are the ND tix?

Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    What a fun road trip! I would love to see Duke get some revenge against NW! How accessible are the ND tix?
    Don't know the answer to that one but I'm working on it .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Would love to, but we have a wedding to go to in Atlanta the weekend of the ND game. Before that had come up, I had said I wanted to go to the ND game. But I have been voted down. Next time, I guess in 6 years. I sure hope that our game vs. ND in 2019 is in Durham!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    I'll take steady progress towards the even record, 7-6 or 8-5 seems just fine. I expect Coach Cutcliffe to remain at Duke long enough to achieve a winning record when it's over.
    That's not too much of a stretch, given we could finish 7-5/8-4 over the next two years
    1200. DDMF.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    That's not too much of a stretch, given we could finish 7-5/8-4 over the next two years
    So I'm pretty satisfied with the current trajectory. Fine by me.

To the schedule, I'm disappointed they couldn't figure out how to spread out the NU and ND games. I'm planning to go to that ND game, and probably would have made it to NU in a different year or month.

Another instance of underappreciating Duke! #127 out of 129??

Ranking all 129 college coaches ... as players http://es.pn/1Xa6U1q
    -via ESPN