Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    My question is, "Where was Paige all night?"

I started noticing midway through the first half his name was never called. Is something the matter with him?

I actually like him AND Bryce Johnson.
    Paige was scared. Berry tried to get him the ball on one of their final possessions with the game on the line and the Senior did not want the ball. He waived Berry off and forced Berry to jack up a contested shot. I think that is the sequence that led to Grayson's winning free throws but not sure. Too high off the winning drug right now!

This may be the best one yet. I'm surprised my neighbors haven't called the cops, yet, for all my screaming.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA!!!!!!!!!

Thought Jay and Seth were going to come to blows post game.

Great win! Lololololololololololololololol

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    But you shouldn't have to teach passion . . . .

Roy is really sniffling in the PC. Threw Dean Smith under the bus for not calling a TO. Doing my happy dance.
    UNC played hard, just not smart in this one.

As far a not calling a time out...hindsight is 20/20. Great coaches disagree on that decision. Some will call one, some want to play on before the defense gets set.

Roy made some good moves all game, I'm fine with how the game was coached.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Great, gritty performance by Duke. Congrats.

Ingram showed why he's a future lottery pick with a clutch performance.

UNC continues to be a team that just can't seem to finish the winning plays. They are so frustrating to watch. Every time they started to get separation, there was a TO or a poor shot and a credit to Duke, they would come back and score against some solid defense.

UNC settled for jumpers instead of keeping their focus and pounding it inside late in the game and Duke flat took it from them.

Still a lot of ball to be played and the opportunity to get better. On to the next one...

Side note: hate to see Jones hurt. Hope he is OK.
    Wheat you have always been a class act here Nice post.

SoCal

Popping some popcorn, about to head over to Inside Carolina

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.

UNC continues to be a team that just can't seem to finish the winning plays. They are so frustrating to watch. Every time they started to get separation, there was a TO or a poor shot and a credit to Duke, they would come back and score against some solid defense.

UNC settled for jumpers instead of keeping their focus and pounding it inside late in the game and Duke flat took it from them.

Still a lot of ball to be played and the opportunity to get better. On to the next one...

One thing missing from your pre game and halftime commentary: Coach K owns Roy Williams. Duke had no business winning this game particularly after Matt goes down and MP3 picks up # 4. Instead of pounding the ball into the paint every time, UNC settled largely into a perimeter game and Roy did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I have no freaking idea where this team came from, but my God are they amazing now. We just held the 5th best offense in the country to just 29 points in the second half!

Unbelievable, gutsy performance by those kids. I won't do a breakdown because it can't do them justice. This game was won with heart, grit, and effort. I am so unbelievably proud to be a Dukie tonight.
    To be fair, a lot of that 29 point performance was on Roy and the offensive decisions UNC made.

Duke's best adjustment was stopping the transition points and hitting the boards harder. Other than that, it was all Roy forgetting that Brice had 30 points and 20 boards in the game.

Absolutely no business winning that game. Matt got hurt, UNC was playing great early, rebounds/2nd chance points, MP3 in foul trouble, questionable calls, Ingram stinking early... and still stayed close all game and pulled it out with some stellar defense the last two possessions.

Fun fact: Grayson Allen scored 23 points to beat UNC. On Michael Jordan's birthday.

Hats off and major props to you for making this post after such a disappointing loss. Seriously, props.

Hdhesjvebebejdjdbdbdjskaananbeyeielmav!!!!!!!!!!

I just moved into a new apartment a couple weeks ago. After these last few games, I'm surprised my downstairs neighbor hasn't paid me a visit!

Side note: That's a conversation I'd be happy to have

As far a not calling a time out...hindsight is 20/20. Great coaches disagree on that decision. Some will call one, some want to play on before the defense gets set.

I disagree. With that much time on the clock, you call a timeout. They had what, 15 seconds left?

Fair enough. OPk

Quote Originally Posted by Emerrick View Post
    Thought Jay and Seth were going to come to blows post game

Yeah, really. Sensed a little something going on there. Thought it was funny when Roy said he should've called timeout, basically taking Jay's side.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    To be fair, a lot of that 29 point performance was on Roy and the offensive decisions UNC made.

Duke's best adjustment was stopping the transition points and hitting the boards harder. Other than that, it was all Roy forgetting that Brice had 30 points and 20 boards in the game.

Absolutely no business winning that game. Matt got hurt, UNC was playing great early, rebounds/2nd chance points, MP3 in foul trouble, questionable calls, Ingram stinking early... and still stayed close all game and pulled it out with some stellar defense the last two possessions.

Fun fact: Grayson Allen scored 23 points to beat UNC. On Michael Jordan's birthday.
    Seriously... how does UNC not force Jeter back in by drawing one more foul on Plumlee?

I don't normally say this, but let's lay off Wheat and enjoy the win. Kudos to Wheat for his post after a tough loss in a game they should have won. That takes guts. Let's leave it there and enjoy the crazy fun of the win.

Wow! Just WOW!!

After Matt goes down there is no way we win that game. That was a truly gutsy win. I am so proud of those guys.

Wow. What a gutsy performance by our guys! Just kept fighting - not a moment of resignation. So proud of our team!! Will be restless tonight, buy very happy.
    Go Duke

We actually held them to 27 second half points

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I disagree. With that much time on the clock, you call a timeout. They had what, 15 seconds left?
    The timeout vs. no-timeout is well in the range of normal decisions.

Moving away from Johnson in the last ten minutes is just utterly baffling.