Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peloton View Post
    ...and Shannon makes the team with ease. Her form looked great coming down the stretch and finished strong - mission accomplished!
    Finshed second. Going to Rio! Great day for the Blue Devils!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Rowbury's poise and experience really stood out on the final lap. She was really close to being boxed in on several occasions. But she never panicked, just kept probing for some running room. When she found it, she made a confident move, with authority.

Kudos.

Megan Clark gave a good effort, but came up short in the Pole Vault.

Maddy Price finished fourth in the 200m, but that's not quite enough. I have no idea if she might have a shot at the relay team or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    Leona Maguire has a good chance of representing Ireland and grad Laetitia Beck Isreal in golf.
    Here is a nice story about Laetitia Beck from the ESPN website--she will, in fact, represent Israel in Olympic golf.

Rebecca Quinn and Canada open up play tomorrow in the infamous Day -2 against the Matildas at 2pm ET and can be seen on NBCSN.

Rebecca did not start, but her versatility was a big plus with an early red card as she entered the game in the 23rd minute in Canada's 2-0 win over Australia.

Well, apparently we just missed out on a Dukie being the flagbearer for the USA. Would have been cool.

Lots of Duke athletes in action on Saturday.

Stefanie Fee and the Field Hockey team open against Argentina at 4:00pm ET and can be seen on USA.

Rebecca Quinn and Canada continue against Zimbabwe at 2:00pm ET and will be on NBC's soccer-specific channel.

Lindsey Harding and Belarus start their tournament against Japan at 6:45pm ET, but will only be live online.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Well, apparently we just missed out on a Dukie being the flagbearer for the USA. Would have been cool.
    I think she would have been a much better choice. Coach K would have been perfect but I don't think coaches are eligible. That would have made Calipari's head explode!

Is there a consolidated listing of Dukies in the Olympics with name, country and sport?

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Is there a consolidated listing of Dukies in the Olympics with name, country and sport?
    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200

The list is not as long as some other schools so it is not too much to keep track of, relatively speaking.

Rebecca Quinn went the full 90 minutes as Canada beat Zimbabwe 3-1 and advanced to the quarterfinals.

Stefanie Fee and the United States beat Argentina 2-1.

Lindsey Harding had 12 points and 8 rebounds in 30 minutes before fouling out as Belarus lost to Japan 77-73.
    http://www.fiba.com/olympicswomen/20...ore_statistics

I suppose Kyrie can be covered in the other thread.

Lindsey is back in action on Sunday at 6:45pm ET and the game will be live online only.

Lindsey Harding had 12 points and 8 assists in 36 minutes, hitting a pair of free throws to give Belarus the lead late, but France scored the final basket to win 73-72. The team has a tough path to try to get a quarterfinal place.

Ibtihaj Muhammad starts her Olympics early Monday morning. NBCSN and USA are supposed to have coverage starting at 9:00am ET as I figure that they will try to fit her in around other coverage.

Also on NBCSN at 9:00am ET is Stefanie Fee in a Field Hockey game against Argentina.

If it is not clear from the other thread, Kyrie and Coach K face Venezuela at 6:00pm ET and can be seen on NBCSN.

Ibtihaj Muhammad lost in the Round of 16.

Stefanie Fee and the United States had another great game and beat Australia 2-1.

On Tuesday, Rebecca Quinn and Canada finish the group stage against Germany at 3:00pm ET and can be seen on NBCSN.

Lindsey Harding and Belarus face Brazil at 2:30pm ET and will only be live online.

Lindsey Harding and Belarus got their first win 65-63 over Brazil as Lindsey had 12 points and 6 assists in 36 minutes.

Rebecca Quinn went the full 90 minutes as Canada beat Germany 2-1 to be the only team to win all three games so far.

Duke goes back to back on Wednesday on NBCSN. Stefanie Fee and Field Hockey look to continue their momentum against Japan at 4pm ET and then Kyrie faces the country of his birth at 6pm ET.

Stefanie Fee and the United States beat Japan 6-1 to continue their impressive tournament.

You can't say enough about Kyrie.

Field Hockey is back in action on Thursday against India at 6:30pm ET and can be seen on NBCSN.

Lindsey Harding and Belarus face Turkey at 11:15am ET and can be seen on the specialty basketball channel if your provider carries it.

Lindsey Harding and Belarus were eliminated after a 74-71 loss to Turkey although she did have 17 points in 38 minutes. They have one more game to play.

Stefanie Fee and the United States are still rolling after a 3-0 win over India.

Kyrie will be back on Friday in the now traditional 6:00pm ET NBCSN slot against Serbia.

Rebecca Quinn and Canada have a rather tricky quarterfinal matchup against France at 6:00pm ET and can be seen in full on the soccer specialty channel and in part on CNBC.

Two more athletes get to return on Friday.

Abby Johnston starts her prelims at 5:30pm ET. It will be live online and then NBC will probably pretend that they are covering it live in primetime.

Shannon Rowbury will be in the third heat of the 1,500m at approximately 7:46pm ET. Again, NBC may cover it "live" in primetime while it can be watched actually live online.

Kyrie's exploits have been covered on the other thread.

Rebecca Quinn returned to the bench and entered the game with about 10 minutes left to preserve the lead as Canada beat France 1-0.

Shannon Rowbury was second in her heat and moves on to Sunday's semifinals.

Abby Johnston sits in 6th after prelims. She returns on Saturday for the semifinals at 3:00pm ET. They will be live online and then NBC will mysteriously sprinkle them through primetime.

There are other athletes in action too as Ibtihaj Muhammad is in the Team Sabre competition. Quarterfinals start around 8:00am ET and will be online and included in the NBCSN coverage. The medal round is around 4:00pm ET and will be online and part of the MSNBC coverage.

Lindsey Harding and Belarus end their tournament against Australia at 11:15am ET and can be seen on the basketball specialty channel.

Stefanie Fee and the United States play for the top spot in the group against Great Britain at 5:00pm ET and can be seen on CNBC.

Abby Johnston apparently finished 5th in the semifinal round of the 3-meter springboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Abby Johnston apparently finished 5th in the semifinal round of the 3-meter springboard.
    On to the finals. Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013