Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I'm just glad Marques Bolden is affiliated with the University of Duke.
    Still waiting for that T-Shirt!
    Love,Ima

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    NBC starts coverage of the diving trials finals at 4:30pm ET on Sunday. It was just announced that the United States will get an extra qualification place, so Abby is currently sitting in a place that would advance her.

The USA Swimming Trials will start on Sunday. Preliminaries will be streaming on NBC Sports Live Extra starting at 11:00am ET and tape delayed coverage will be on NBCSN at 6:00pm ET. Finals will be on NBC at 8:00pm ET.

Michael Miller and Roger Kriegl will compete in the 400IM. Verity Abel will also compete in the 400IM. Leah Goldman, Maddie Hess, Maddie Rusch, Kylie Jordan, and Alyssa Marsh will compete in the 100 Fly. Judd Howard, Dylan Payne, and Michael Seaberg compete in the 100 Breast.
    Congrats to Abby Johnston... She's apparently planning to attend Duke's medical school and she's dating a grad assistant for the football team, so I'd count her as a Dukie.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/kassidy-cook-abby-johnston-qualify-individual-spots-rio-olympics

Not quite. There's a Duke Diving Club, but the divers themselves are not affiliated with Duke the University.
    Back in the day, when Duke track team members competed in AAU events or Olympic trials, I believe they did so as a member of DUAC, the Duke U. Athletic Club. Maybe something similar is going on.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Monday coverage of the USA Swimming Trials will be streaming live on NBC Sports Extra at 11:00am ET again. Prelims will be shown on delay on NBCSN at 6:30pm ET and finals will be on NBC at 8:00pm ET.

Maddie Hess, Alyssa Marsh, and Mickayla Hinkle will compete in the 100 Back as well as Max St. George. Ashley Twichell and Verity Abel will compete in the 400 Free.

Quote Originally Posted by hughgs View Post
    I believe that Max St. George will compete in the 100 back at the Olympic Trials.
    Sorry. Yes, there are quite a few more swimmers at the trials. I was just listing them on a day to day basis in case people wanted to watch specific ones so they would know when to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Congrats to Abby Johnston... She's apparently planning to attend Duke's medical school and she's dating a grad assistant for the football team, so I'd count her as a Dukie.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/kass...s-rio-olympics
    More impressively, she is already at Duke Medical School, concurrently a full student and in full time training for this. It must be a Duke thing, because Jess Foley was still playing basketball full time when she started medical school and then also went into coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Back in the day, when Duke track team members competed in AAU events or Olympic trials, I believe they did so as a member of DUAC, the Duke U. Athletic Club. Maybe something similar is going on.
    Some of the divers in question are alums of other schools who moved to Durham after graduation to train at Duke and others are still high school divers and many will not attend Duke.

More impressively, she is already at Duke Medical School, concurrently a full student and in full time training for this. It must be a Duke thing, because Jess Foley was still playing basketball full time when she started medical school and then also went into coaching.
    Good story about Abby Johnston and how she has balanced med school and diving on ESPN W. I think maybe it IS a Duke thing. First, as the article points out, Duke Medical School was willing to allow Abby to switch her second year (clinical rotations) and third year (research) so she could keep up her training leading into the Olympics. Second, it's probably not an accident that she came through the CAPE program, Duke's innovative pre-med program for female athletes.

The same general pattern for swimming will continue on Tuesday. Prelims live on NBC Sports Live Extra at 11:00am ET, delayed TV coverage on NBCSN at 7:00pm ET, and finals live on NBC at 8:00pm ET.

Michael Miller will compete in the 200 Fly and Leah Goldman will compete in the 200 Free.

The Swimming Trials still follow the same schedule. Prelims live on NBC Sports Live Extra at 11:00am ET, delayed TV coverage on NBCSN at 7:00pm ET, and finals live on NBC at 8:00pm ET.

Anna Quinn competes in the 200 Fly and Judd Howard competes in the 200 Breast.

The same general pattern for Swimming trials holds again on Thursday. Prelims live on NBC Sports Live Extra at 11:00am ET, delayed TV coverage on NBCSN at 6:30pm ET, and finals live on NBC at 8:00pm ET. Bradley Cline and Michael Miller compete in the 200 IM.

The Swimming Trials still follow the same schedule. Prelims live on NBC Sports Live Extra at 11:00am ET, delayed TV coverage on NBCSN at 6:00pm ET, and finals live on NBC at 8:00pm ET.

Michael Seaberg and Eric Strickland compete in the 50 Free. Ashley Twichell and Verity Abel compete in the 800 Free. Michael Miller competes in the 100 Fly. Maddie Hess and Maria Sheridan will compete in the 200 Back.

The Track and Field trials start on Friday too. Abby Farley and Anima Banks will run the 800 at 7:45pm ET. The live feed will be online while NBC may show some highlights alongside their coverage starting at 9:00pm ET.

Duke grad Ashley Twichell just finished a strong swim in the 800 free at the Olympic Trials to return for tomorrow night's final as the 3rd seed after Katie Ledecky and Leah Smith. Twichell dropped two seconds from her entry time and jumped a few spots above her seeding. Ledecky swam almost 5 seconds off her world record and still beat everyone by an enormous margin.

Michael Miller dropped over a second from his 100 butterfly time this morning to move up 61 places and come very close to returning for semifinals, finishing in 19th place.

Stefanie Fee has been named to the final roster for Field Hockey:
    http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Field-Hoc...ld-Hockey-Team

Given the role she played in getting the team there, that was no surprise.

Track and Field trials continue on Saturday with streaming only coverage at 12:45pm ET, NBC taking over at 2:00pm ET, and NBCSN taking the last leg at 5:00pm ET. Anima Banks runs in the 800m semifinals at around 2:43pm ET. Curtis Beach will be in action all day long in the Decathlon and there is supposed to be plenty of coverage on that last televised portion.

Swimming trials will be streamed again on Saturday at 11:00am ET and Finals will be on NBCSN at 8:00pm ET.

Besides Ashley Twichell in the Finals, a number of swimmers will compete in the 50 Free with Leah Goldman, Maddie Hess, Maddie Rusch, and Alyssa Marsh participating.

Curtis Beach will finish out the Decathlon on Sunday.

Shannon Rowbury looks to return to the Olympics in the 1500 on Thursday. NBCSN has coverage and the event starts at 9:26pm ET. Someone made a graphic of all of the people in the last Olympics 1500 field who were later caught doping... What could have been if they had not competed.

Here's a piece from CNN on Duke's Ibtihaj Muhammad, who will compete in fencing at the Olympics.
    "I swear Roy must redeem extra timeouts at McDonald's the day after the game for free hamburgers." --Posted on InsideCarolina, 2/18/2015

Shannon Rowbury does enough to move on to Friday's semifinals at 8:03pm ET. NBCSN has coverage at 6:00pm ET and then NBC takes over at 8:00pm ET. It is unclear how much coverage they will have of field events as Megan Clark competes in the Pole Vault and Tanner Anderson competes in the High Jump.

Shannon Rowbury advances to the finals on Sunday.

Megan Clark also cleared the required height to move on to Sunday.

Tanner Anderson's trials are finished.

In Canada, Maddy Price is competing in the 400m and advanced to Saturday's final.

Maddy Price finished fifth, which was not good enough to qualify. Now she moves on to the 200m on Sunday.

NBC will have coverage of Shannon Rowbury at 8:00pm ET. There should be some Pole Vault coverage starting at 5:30pm ET on NBC's streaming coverage.

Shannon's getting ready to run!

...and Shannon makes the team with ease. Her form looked great coming down the stretch and finished strong - mission accomplished!