My First Duke Game Ever

I've been an avid Duke fan for my whole life, living in California has obviously made it tough to get to a game. Going to Durham for a work trip and had to get a ticket to the Duke UVA game this Saturday. I plan on spending the entire day Saturday and possibly Sunday there. I'd love some insight on some things to see and go to while I am there. Any help would be appreciated!!

Go Duke!!

Enjoy the experience.

On campus, the Duke Chapel can be a nice visit, and if it weren't February, I'd suggest the Duke Gardens as well. If you like art at all, the Nasher Museum sometimes has interesting exhibits, and it's an attractive building with a nice cafe for lunch or a coffee. Also lots of good restaurants in Durham, from barbecue to super-high-end, but I will let people who have more recent local experience make suggestions on those.

As for the game--should be exciting, and Cameron is really a special place. Have a great time--and cheer Duke to victory!

Enjoy the experience, bring us a big win!

I am attending my first game, on Feb. 25, and posted a similar thread a while back. This link was shared in my thread and was very helpful: http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...plate=DBRVisit

Enjoy!

Just walk into the library

Thank you all for the reply, I look forward to seeing everything basketball related, the campus itself and other attractions.

Sluggo thank you for the link that is great stuff.

Great win tonight!! I'm currently in New York and was surrounded by cuse fans but cheering loud and proud!

Durm

The downtown area has a few nice bars and restaurants including Dames Chicken and Waffles, Rue Cler, Dashi, Mateo. There's good walking around in the American Tobacco Campus (https://americantobaccocampus.com/) near the Durham Bulls Stadium (AAA) and the Durham Performing Arts Center. There are good restaurants around there as well, but I would NOT recommend Tobacco Road.

There are a number of small bars in that area as well (Alley 26, Bar Virgile, Bull McCabes) and the newest attraction for nightlife, which I recommend to anyone interested is the 21C Museum Hotel (http://www.21cmuseumhotels.com/durham/). It's an old bank that's been turned into part hotel, pop art gallery, high end restaurant and bar. It's truly out of place in Durham and a must visit if you have time. Noteworthy, the bank vault has been turned into a lounge/gallery area; very cool.

Also, if nightlife is your speed and micro-brews/nice cocktails, the Warehouse district offers a little of everything. Fullsteam Brewery, Motorco (music, bar) Surf Club, food trucks and the newly opened 2nd coming of The Pit, BBQ by way of Raleigh.

9th Street and Main St near campus offer some local cheaper eats as well as some high end (Vin Rouge, Blu Seafood), sports bars, and shops.

Chapel Hell/Carrboro are about a 20-30 minute drive depending on where you're staying.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know. Have a blast and pull hard for the boys in Prussian Blue!!
    Last edited by CPDUKEGUY24; 02-09-2016 at 02:21 AM. Reason: correction