Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    Going to have interesting preseason rhetoric over 2017 starting QB. Will Sears enroll for Spring semester?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I cannot provide a link but I remember reading somewhere he intended to enroll early.
    I will confirm Bob's post-no link but I recall reading here that he would be at Duke for spring practice, 2017 with the intent of competing for a starting job for the 2017 campaign.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Another big performance from Jack Sears as San Clemente improved to 6-2 on the season with a 35-20 win over San Juan Hills:

http://www.sanclementetimes.com/foot...allions-35-20/

Sears completed 16 of 22 passes for 157 yards and three touchdowns. He also ran for 108 yards and a score on 11 carries.
    In Pensacola, wide receiver Damond Johnson scored all three touchdowns as West Florida HS won 19-0:

http://www.pnj.com/story/sports/2016...peat/92501278/

The Duke commit scored in just about every way a receiver can, making a tip-toe grab in the corner of the end zone in the first quarter, outrunning the defense on a screen pass in the third quarter and blowing over the top of the coverage on fourth-and-long to seal the win.
    Bob Green

we need receivers ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    we need receivers ASAP!
    In addition to WR Damond Johnson, who sounds like a good one with awesome speed, TE Jake Marwede will be coming to Durham in the fall. Marwede led Loyola Academy to a big victory over Brother Rice last night:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...021-story.html

Jake Marwede, a 6-foot-5, 240-pound tight end who doubles as a Wildcat quarterback, rushed for five touchdowns and No. 1 Loyola played from behind all night before riding the Duke recruit to a 48-37 victory over No. 3 Brother Rice and the Catholic Blue championship on Friday night on the Southwest Side.
    "I think he makes a claim for being best player in the state," Loyola coach John Holecek said of Marwede. "He can do it all. Such a weapon and we're going to have to utilize him like that more."
    Bob Green

Another big performance from Jack Sears as San Clemente improved to 6-2 on the season with a 35-20 win over San Juan Hills:

http://www.sanclementetimes.com/foot...allions-35-20/

In Pensacola, wide receiver Damond Johnson scored all three touchdowns as West Florida HS won 19-0:

http://www.pnj.com/story/sports/2016...peat/92501278/
    Good stuff to hear, thanks for the updates Bob!

The Under Armour All American Game will be played Sunday January 1, 2017 at 1 pm with TV coverage by ESPN. Duke has two recruits playing: TE Jake Marwede and C Will Taylor.

http://www.underarmourgame.com/page/show/1426836-home

National Signing Day is February 1, 2017 so I am anxious to see if we hang on to all our current verbals and snatch up a couple of late commits.
    Bob Green

The Under Armour All American Game will be played Sunday January 1, 2017 at 1 pm with TV coverage by ESPN. Duke has two recruits playing: TE Jake Marwede and C Will Taylor.

http://www.underarmourgame.com/page/show/1426836-home

National Signing Day is February 1, 2017 so I am anxious to see if we hang on to all our current verbals and snatch up a couple of late commits.
    On February 1, it will also be interesting to track unc verbals and commits. That may tell us a lot about the "grapevine" view on the unc fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    On February 1, it will also be interesting to track unc verbals and commits. That may tell us a lot about the "grapevine" view on the unc fiasco.
    Ah, if only unc recruits could read ...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    For some reason (and I can think of several), football recruits at unc have been somewhat impervious to news about the scandal. Perhaps not a great reflection on their cerebral capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Ah, if only unc recruits could read ...
    I think they probably read better than the current players. 😁😈😎

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I think they probably read better than the current players. 😁😈😎
    I think you meant gooder...
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

RB Deon Jackson, verbal commit to Duke, has picked up a scholarship offer from Notre Dame:

Deon Jackson 🤘🏾 🤑 ‏@deon_jackson4 11h11 hours ago
    Blessed to receive an offer from the University of Notre Dame🙌🏾🍀 #GoIrish
    I believe Jackson is solid to Duke, but I'll be very happy when National Signing Day (February 1) is in the rear view mirror.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    RB Deon Jackson, verbal commit to Duke, has picked up a scholarship offer from Notre Dame:

I believe Jackson is solid to Duke, but I'll be very happy when National Signing Day (February 1) is in the rear view mirror.
    I'd be more of a believer had he closed with #GoAwayIrish.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Can't blame the kid since he'd get more playing time with the Irish.😎

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Can't blame the kid since he'd get more playing time with the Irish.😎
    Anyone think Cut will yank our offer?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Anyone think Cut will yank our offer?
    Nope. This is ND trying to lure him away, not Deon Jackson pandering to the Irish.
    Bob Green

Nope. This is ND trying to lure him away, not Deon Jackson pandering to the Irish.
    Sounds reasonable.

In the Amile Injury Vigil thread, Dukelion posted the following link to an Adam Rowe report: http://www.wilsontimes.com/stories/B...ess-ship,79070

While most of the report is on the basketball team, the bottom includes a piece on ND's recruitment of Deon Jackson. The relevant part reads:

FIGHTING OFF THE BIG DOGS

Notre Dame is coming after Duke’s 2017 three-star running back verbal commit Deon Jackson, trying to flip him away from the Blue Devils with just over two weeks remaining until National Signing Day on Feb. 1. While the Fighting Irish have a lot to offer, Jackson and his mom are staying firm with their Duke commitment, for now. We’ll see what happens, but if Jackson takes a visit to South Bend next weekend, things could get hairy.

Quote Originally Posted by Avvocato View Post
    In the Amile Injury Vigil thread, Dukelion posted the following link to an Adam Rowe report: http://www.wilsontimes.com/stories/B...ess-ship,79070

While most of the report is on the basketball team, the bottom includes a piece on ND's recruitment of Deon Jackson. The relevant part reads:
    Just for the record, when a committed recruit officially DOES visit another school, Cut usually yanks the offer. So if Jackson visits South Bend, that would be a major red flag.