Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    A little post signing day analysis of the Duke roster by espn.com. Nothing earth shattering, and as the comment by a poster at the end points out, no mention of Bracey.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...ing-day-roster

Quote Originally Posted by Avvocato View Post
    A little post signing day analysis of the Duke roster by espn.com. Nothing earth shattering, and as the comment by a poster at the end points out, no mention of Bracey.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...ing-day-roster
    Interesting quote:
    Duke signed the best class in school history last week...
    I might have said, "Duke signed its best class since the advent of recruiting ratings..."
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Big time DT target, Ryan Johnson, at Duke for an unofficial

4* DE Ryan Johnson is on a road-trip checking out lots of schools. According to his Twitter feed, Johnson hit the CHeaters earlier yesterday, then went to Duke where he took in the game last night. He met with his recruiter, Coach Jones, his potential future position coach, Coach Albert, and a former HS teammate, Zavier Carmichael. Apparently Ryan is sticking around this morning to meet Coach Cut. I like that among other details, he posts his GPA on his Twitter account, a 3.96. Ryan is getting recruited by some big time schools, and IMO has the chops to be a Duke kid. What a great get he would be for Duke Football! I hope he's impressed by what he experiences during his visit. LGD!

Follow

Ryan Johnson 4⃣ 4⃣
    ‏@ryanjohnson_50
    Just arrived at the prestigious Duke University�� #DukeGang
    Last edited by duke blue brewcrew; 02-09-2016 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    4* DE Ryan Johnson is on a road-trip checking out lots of schools. According to his Twitter feed, Johnson hit the CHeaters earlier yesterday, then went to Duke where he took in the game last night. He met with his recruiter, Coach Jones, his potential future position coach, Coach Albert, and a former HS teammate, Zavier Carmichael. Apparently Ryan is sticking around this morning to meet Coach Cut. I like that among other details, he posts his GPA on his Twitter account, a 3.96. Ryan is getting recruited by some big time schools, and IMO has the chops to be a Duke kid. What a great get he would be for Duke Football! I hope he's impressed by what he experiences during his visit. LGD!

Follow

Ryan Johnson 4⃣ 4⃣
    ‏@ryanjohnson_50
    Just arrived at the prestigious Duke University�� #DukeGang
    I hate when I get interested in a guy we don't have committed yet, but he seems like a good fit from this.

Something is happening:

David Cutcliffe Verified account 
    ‏@DavidCutcliffe
    Sound the Alarm!! Bang Bang DukeGang!!!
    Bob Green

Marvin Hubbard, RB out if GA...supposedly with 4.25 level speed (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    ESPN profile says 4.42 which is excellent, excellent speed:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/fo...marvin-hubbard
    Bob Green

I could jump off a 300 ft cliff and not go 40 yards in 4.25 seconds.

Hmm. Might make 40 feet in 4.25 seconds. If a bear were chasing me.

Not sure if he's really that fast (why I included the "supposedly") but watch the hudl highlights Bob posted...dude can fly!

Wonder if he was visiting/at the game today?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    ESPN profile says 4.42 which is excellent, excellent speed:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/fo...marvin-hubbard
    To steal from Richard Jeni "That's the I'm Ted Kennedy and the liquor store is closing in 5 minutes kind of fast"

Welcome to #DukeGang, Marvin!

I heard that the 4.42 number was laser verified

Quote Originally Posted by mbird30 View Post
    I heard that the 4.42 number was laser verified
    Better than verification by ill-tempered sea bass.

I trust our scouting, but I like to brag about our recruiting classes too, and getting players that just may be diamonds in the rough are harder to brag about than "blue chip" (4-5star) players.

Check out his acceleration:

Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Check out his acceleration:

He can sure pick 'em up and throw 'em down quickly. Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by mbird30 View Post
    I trust our scouting, but I like to brag about our recruiting classes too, and getting players that just may be diamonds in the rough are harder to brag about than "blue chip" (4-5star) players.
    I basically understand this sentiment, especially given that our two '17 commits so far are both un-starred prospects, and given how far the program and its recruiting have come.

But my question for those more knowledgeable about football recruiting is this --- Are we just too early in the '17 recruiting cycle for a lot of these guys to have ratings/rankings? i.e., Is it reasonable to assume that come summertime, with football camps and whatnot, that a lot of these 'un-starred' guys will get their stars?

Thanks to Bob Green for posting the video of Hubbard. I don't need laser confirmation to know that the dude can fly. Wow. I wonder if he projects as a running back in college, or perhaps a receiver in the Crowder/Rahming mold. His size would suggest the latter, though Shaun Wilson has at times shown us how dangerous speed can be out of the backfield, even without much size.

I understand that Duke had a number of prospects in this weekend for a "junior day" . . . perhaps another BangBang DukeGang to come?

Am I correct in thinking this is the same Marvin Hubbard who appears in a YouTube clip winning the 2015 Junior Olympic's 100m dash (15-16yo boys)? It appears this individual runs out of the Star Track TC in Atlanta.
    Aside from the rise of our football team, can our track program draw such athletes now?

Quote Originally Posted by IsInTheDetails View Post
    I basically understand this sentiment, especially given that our two '17 commits so far are both un-starred prospects, and given how far the program and its recruiting have come.

But my question for those more knowledgeable about football recruiting is this --- Are we just too early in the '17 recruiting cycle for a lot of these guys to have ratings/rankings? i.e., Is it reasonable to assume that come summertime, with football camps and whatnot, that a lot of these 'un-starred' guys will get their stars?

Thanks to Bob Green for posting the video of Hubbard. I don't need laser confirmation to know that the dude can fly. Wow. I wonder if he projects as a running back in college, or perhaps a receiver in the Crowder/Rahming mold. His size would suggest the latter, though Shaun Wilson has at times shown us how dangerous speed can be out of the backfield, even without much size.

I understand that Duke had a number of prospects in this weekend for a "junior day" . . . perhaps another BangBang DukeGang to come?
    I like his prospects of being a Darren Sproles styled running back because he possesses decent size for his 5'9" frame. Listed at around 180 lbs