Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

unc Athletics Scandal: Connecting the Dots...

@bluedevilicous is connecting the dots.

wow...got to hand it to @bdl...

he's diggin...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    wow...got to hand it to @bdl...

he's diggin...
    I'll buy him a shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    @bluedevilicous is connecting the dots.

I know we keep saying the Death Penalty won't happen. And I don't think it will.

But how is it not the most appropriate punishment for the scope, breadth and audacity of their perversion of higher education?

Seriously. It just makes you ill.

i was thinking about this last night...we are all KIND of assuming that judgement day hasn't come to UNC yet, but, wouldn't it really be the hammer of thor, if the punishment has already been handed down INCLUDING a post ban THIS YEAR (along with all of our other hopes and dreams)?

could the NCAA bring down a more decisive strike than that? if they want to show that they aren't str8 BS'ing about their willingness to bring down the cheats, that could be the way...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I know we keep saying the Death Penalty won't happen. And I don't think it will.

But how is it not the most appropriate punishment for the scope, breadth and audacity of their perversion of higher education?

Seriously. It just makes you ill.
    Does the NCAA know all the info that PackMan and BlueDevilicious have discovered? If no, then why not (get on it PackPride!!)? If yes, then I'll ask your same question/totally agree with you.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i was thinking about this last night...we are all KIND of assuming that judgement day hasn't come to UNC yet, but, wouldn't it really be the hammer of thor, if the punishment has already been handed down INCLUDING a post ban THIS YEAR (along with all of our other hopes and dreams)?

could the NCAA bring down a more decisive strike than that? if they want to show that they aren't str8 BS'ing about their willingness to bring down the cheats, that could be the way...
    I think I'm reading/understanding your post correctly by (me) ASSuming that if they know their punishment already, then the rest of us would, too. So, I still have to believe the NCAA is waiting, analyzing and continuing their internal investigation and discussions.
    Last edited by devildeac; 02-04-2016 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Does the NCAA know all the info that PackMan and BlueDevilicious have discovered? If no, then why not (get on it PackPride!!)? If yes, then I'll ask your same question/totally agree with you.
    To be clear, the investigation by BlueDevilicious into Catinia Farrington is ongoing. There is no evidence of malfeasance yet, just a lot of cause for suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    To be clear, the investigation by BlueDevilicious into Catinia Farrington is ongoing. There is no evidence of malfeasance yet, just a lot of cause for suspicion.
    The guru on PackPride (it's not "Maharishi," but y'all know who I am talking about) recently posted that BlueDevilicious' work was being followed. Still, it couldn't hurt to send it to the NCAA on the record so they cannot deny knowing it (I guess).
    Last edited by OldPhiKap; 02-04-2016 at 04:53 PM.

Oh, I realize that but I was considering the whole steaming, ginormous landfill of bovine excrement that accumulated over ~23 years and then adding this truckload to it and wondering if the NCAA is ignoring it, not aware of it (yet) or waiting for a more opportune moment to add this to their ongoing investigation.

I have discovered nothing. All I've done is repost stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I have discovered nothing. All I've done is repost stuff.
    Which is spork-worthy as well. And many thanks for continuing to keep us informed.

Oh, I realize that but I was considering the whole steaming, ginormous landfill of bovine excrement that accumulated over ~23 years and then adding this truckload to it and wondering if the NCAA is ignoring it, not aware of it (yet) or waiting for a more opportune moment to add this to their ongoing investigation.
    Beyond that, you'd think the prospect of SACS looking at the LD/ADD stuff has really got to terrify any sane individuals left at UNC.

Beyond that, you'd think the prospect of SACS looking at the LD/ADD stuff has really got to terrify any sane individuals left at UNC.
    That would/should be frightening.

I don't want to sound like the UNC administration but is the LD/ADD stuff really under the jurisdiction of SACS? UNC found a way to give extra classroom help specifically to their athletes (NCAA impermissible benefit). However, if those getting the extra classes took legitimate classes, SACS would not care because the classes were legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    I don't want to sound like the UNC administration but is the LD/ADD stuff really under the jurisdiction of SACS? UNC found a way to give extra classroom help specifically to their athletes (NCAA impermissible benefit). However, if those getting the extra classes took legitimate classes, SACS would not care because the classes were legitimate.
    I would bet there is state or federal money somewhere in the LD/ADD stuff that could make it criminal fraud. Just sayin'

To be honest, it's really unclear to me the extent of what does fall under SACS's purview. That said, I have to believe it's a violation of the institutional integrity that SACS charges it's members to uphold. A lot of that document basically says "be honest with us," much the same sort of thing they said a while back when telling UNC that if there was any additional fraud, they had best come clean. The emails clearly indicate a lot of people were connected to and knew about this LD diagnoses stuff. At the very least, it would constitute UNC not being forthright with SACS again.

If they are really doing what Tydreke said in terms of getting false designations so they can more easily help athletes essentially commit academic fraud, then SACS would care. It takes a pretty charitable view to believe that athletes that are not really learning disabled, but set up to have "assistance" from note-takers etc. are not cheating on tests and papers.

Here's Tydreke Powell talking about it with a call-in radio show: http://carolinablitz.com/2014/11/10/...-an-education/. Doesn't sound like he's afraid to talk about it.

Edit: also doesn't seem reluctant to talk about taking paper classes. Whatever kept Rashad McCants from talking doesn't seem to have the same effect on Powell. Maybe it's because Powell already got his degree.

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    Here's Tydreke Powell talking about it with a call-in radio show: http://carolinablitz.com/2014/11/10/...-an-education/. Doesn't sound like he's afraid to talk about it.

Edit: also doesn't seem reluctant to talk about taking paper classes.
    Notice the date: Nov 10, 2014