Duke Provides Rutgers with MD football tape?

Considering what happened to Rutgers, and considering what happens to Duke most Saturdays, maybe Coach Roof should hire new video people, or just stop watching tape altogether.

why would he bother? Is he thinking that he should plan to land somewhere and to that end, get in someone's good graces?

Maryland Response

I suspect that this is not the response that DBR expected but according to this morning's Post, the Fridge simply stated that he was disappointed in Duke for not following the rules. In other words, he didn't consider it a big deal.

gw67

Durham Doublecross

Quote Originally Posted by gw67 View Post
    I suspect that this is not the response that DBR expected but according to this morning's Post, the Fridge simply stated that he was disappointed in Duke for not following the rules. In other words, he didn't consider it a big deal.

gw67
    It's interesting that the story broke in the Sun the same day Maryland dropped out of Terrence Jenning's list of his top five schools.

gw67

Clearly, you didn't watch Friedgen's press conference.

To him, it was a big deal.

NDMD - You're correct, I did not watch his news conference. I simply went by his words in the Post which to me are very benign. What did he say in his press conference?

gw67

Frankly, i don't see what the big deal is.

From Patrick Stevens, Washington Times Maryland beat reporter

"Ralph Friedgen tried to choose his words carefully, but still let his true feelings be known.

"Yes, I was disappointed, especially when I know two other people in the league turned them down," Friedgen said. "I felt like if you're in the league, you should abide by the league rules."

Which of course begs this obvious question: How many people still regard Duke as a member of the ACC in football?"

Question Let me expand a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    Frankly, i don't see what the big deal is.
    I realize it is against the rules, so therefore it should not have been done. What I'm getting at is why is it against the rules...why is that such a big deal?

I agree, Bluedawg. I don't get it at all.