Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Football schedule to be announced 1/26 at 3P

Get your calendars ready! The ACC will be releasing the 2016 football schedule tomorrow (1/26) at 3P.
    http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-annou...ule-01-26-2016

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Any news on the Spring practice/game schedule?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Very excited to see the release of the football schedule today. We will know the entire 12 game schedule in a few hours, but this is what we already know.

9/3 NCCU

9/10 at Louisville

9/17 at Northwestern

9/24 at Notre Dame

10/8 Army

That three game road stretch to start the season will be brutal. A 2-2 start for our team will most likely be a success. This looks like a schedule that might be backloaded with home games to end the season, similar to 2014. We will know the rest in just a few hours!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackdevil View Post
    Very excited to see the release of the football schedule today. We will know the entire 12 game schedule in a few hours, but this is what we already know.

9/3 NCCU

9/10 at Louisville

9/17 at Northwestern

9/24 at Notre Dame

10/8 Army

That three game road stretch to start the season will be brutal. A 2-2 start for our team will most likely be a success. This looks like a schedule that might be backloaded with home games to end the season, similar to 2014. We will know the rest in just a few hours!
    As a die hard tailgater, I am thrilled to know we only have one home game in September.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    As a die hard tailgater, I am thrilled to know we only have one home game in September.
    And that September game will be at night!

good news for everyone including the Rescue guys (no September noon games)

The Schedule from goduke.com. Very tough schedule for us. The second half of the year is a mine field. We could be a better team this year with a worse record. Must win the games against the weaker and equally matched teams. Will be fun and interesting.

http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.db...&Q_SEASON=2016

9/3 NCCU

9/10 at Louisville

9/17 at Northwestern

9/24 at Notre Dame

10/8 Army

I guess we don't know what we know ... I've argued this with several people on another board -- we are not playing Louisville in September ... we play Wake Forest in that slot.

We play Louisville on Oct. 14 ...

Here's the schedule for those who don't want to click the link:

2016 Duke Football Schedule (2015 Record; Bowl game)

SEPTEMBER

3 – ^N.C. CENTRAL (8-3)

10 – #WAKE FOREST (3-9)

17 – at Northwestern (10-3; 45-6 loss to Tennessee in Outback Bowl)

24 – at Notre Dame (10-3; 44-28 loss to Ohio State in BattleFrog Fiesta Bowl)

OCTOBER

1 – *VIRGINIA (4-8)

8 – +ARMY (2-10)

14 – at Louisville (8-5; 27-21 win over Texas A&M in Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl)

22 – OPEN

29 – at Georgia Tech (3-9)

NOVEMBER

5 – %VIRGINIA TECH (7-6; 55-52 win over Tulsa in Camping World Independence Bowl)

10 – ~NORTH CAROLINA (11-3; 49-38 loss to Baylor in Russell Athletic Bowl)

19 – at Pittsburgh (8-5; 44-28 loss to Navy in Military Bowl)

26 – at Miami (8-5; 20-14 loss to Washington State in Hyundai Sun Bowl)

The 2016-17 schedule has some interesting features. For example... the game at Louisville is on a Friday. The final home game (UNC) is on a Thursday.

As a die hard tailgater, I'm thrilled to know that we only only have TWO home games in September.

Also...dreading the horrors of a Thursday night unc home game again. Parking was a fiasco before, it will be again. Bleah.

As a die hard tailgater, I'm thrilled to know that we only only have TWO home games in September.

Also...dreading the horrors of a Thursday night unc home game again. Parking was a fiasco before, it will be again. Bleah.
    Yea, but now the organizers will have 10 months to screw it up this time. (Or did they have that many months before, too?)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

This is a really great, solid schedule. If we do well, there is nobody that will be able to claim that we skated to a winning record vs weak teams.

with a favorable bounce or 2, I see 14-0, with an OT win VS whomever in the National Championship game.

Nice to have two weeknight prime time games. A fast start is essential... 4-2 or 5-1 and our bowl prospects will look really strong.

Just wish somehow N.C.State was on our schedule

Yeesh. Very possible we fall short of bowl eligibility. Replacing Tulane with Notre Dame and BC with Louisville means we have to replace at least one win from our losses last year. And many of our losses were home games last year that will be road games this coming year (Pitt, Northwestern, Miami). Add in better coaching for UVa and Miami won't make life easier.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yeesh. Very possible we fall short of bowl eligibility. Replacing Tulane with Notre Dame and BC with Louisville means we have to replace at least one win from our losses last year. And many of our losses were home games last year that will be road games this coming year (Pitt, Northwestern, Miami). Add in better coaching for UVa and Miami won't make life easier.
    Despite the absence of both Florida State and Clemson, this is a VERY difficult schedule. Kudos to Coach Cut and Duke for taking it to the next level. But...I agree, it could be tough to make it to a bowl.

9/3 NCCU

9/10 at Louisville

9/17 at Northwestern

9/24 at Notre Dame

10/8 Army

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    I guess we don't know what we know ... I've argued this with several people on another board -- we are not playing Louisville in September ... we play Wake Forest in that slot.

We play Louisville on Oct. 14 ...

Here's the schedule for those who don't want to click the link:

2016 Duke Football Schedule (2015 Record; Bowl game)

SEPTEMBER

3 – ^N.C. CENTRAL (8-3)

10 – #WAKE FOREST (3-9)

17 – at Northwestern (10-3; 45-6 loss to Tennessee in Outback Bowl)

24 – at Notre Dame (10-3; 44-28 loss to Ohio State in BattleFrog Fiesta Bowl)

OCTOBER

1 – *VIRGINIA (4-8)

8 – +ARMY (2-10)

14 – at Louisville (8-5; 27-21 win over Texas A&M in Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl)

22 – OPEN

29 – at Georgia Tech (3-9)

NOVEMBER

5 – %VIRGINIA TECH (7-6; 55-52 win over Tulsa in Camping World Independence Bowl)

10 – ~NORTH CAROLINA (11-3; 49-38 loss to Baylor in Russell Athletic Bowl)

19 – at Pittsburgh (8-5; 44-28 loss to Navy in Military Bowl)

26 – at Miami (8-5; 20-14 loss to Washington State in Hyundai Sun Bowl)
    Damn. There goes my 2 week+ vacation in September when I planned to see Duke FB play at Louisville, Northwestern and Notre Dame. Guess I'll just have to settle for a ~9 day journey to Evanston and South Bend .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    with a favorable bounce or 2, I see 14-0, with an OT win VS whomever in the National Championship game.
    15-0.

May be compelled to go to the ND game. Go Duke!