Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Alas...

Quote Originally Posted by smvalkyries View Post
    Our strength has always been great perimeter pressure D.
    We haven't played "great perimeter pressure D" since, like, 2004. Last season, we not only didn't have two "rim protectors," we really didn't even have any. Despite that, somehow we muddled through and won the national championship.

Quote Originally Posted by smvalkyries View Post
    Next year when we lose Plumley and jefferson and Ingram we better find at least 2 new rim protectors and I think one if not two of them will have to be recruited unless Robinson gows like his father did. Grow Robby, Grow Robby Grow LOL.
    First, it's Plumlee. We've had at least one on our roster for the past eight seasons, and none of them had a "y" in their last name.

Second, it's Amile. Unless you're suggesting Amare Stoudemire will be joining our team since he's not playing so much for the Miami Heat these days anyway.

Finally, at this point the likelihood of Duke recruiting even one, much less two rim protectors for next season is essentially zero. And yet, the chances of our being ranked in the top five of the nation (at least to start the year) are pretty strong.

correction

yes I know its Amile my bad.
    As far as the lack of rim protectors in prior years thanks for making my point- you could do w/o them under old rules
    , not under new FOM/soccar rules and hey what's with the technical on Grayson for using his feet, isn't that what they are supposed to do now? As for next year again thanks for making my point- no way we are going to the final 4 w/o at least two rim protectors unless the rules revert back to permitting perimeter defense.
    As for AMILE and a possible med redshirt I wouldn't even mention this if I didn't think he would have a shot at an NBA roster slot with a whole year of play like he displayed in the first third of this year. Reasonable minds may differ here but I can't see Amile doing a Kyrie and still making an NBA roster next year?

Where will Duke be? 18?
    Will the title of the thread be changed?
    What about "Duke is back"?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Where will Duke be? 18?
    Will the title of the thread be changed?
    What about "Duke is back"?
    I would assume with back to back wins vs ranked teams that we'll make a healthy jump. Very positive attitude to take into Chapel Hill. (I know the baby blues were relishing the thought of us going in unranked...sorry to burst yer bubbles. )
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."