Musical Question for Jason

kanYe West, Kid Rock and Kenny Chesney all had Cd's come out on the same day. the question this was who would cell the most. kanYe West, Kid Rock went head to head promising to out do each other and Kenny piped up reminding kid Rock that the last time they had Cd's come out on the same day Kenny smoked Kid.

Any word on who won the day?

Im not Jason, and I did not hear about Kid Rock. I know Kanye and 50 Cent were going head to head, and 50 said he would retire if Kanye outsold him.

Kanye outsold 50 easily.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    Im not Jason, and I did not hear about Kid Rock. I know Kanye and 50 Cent were going head to head, and 50 said he would retire if Kanye outsold him.

Kanye outsold 50 easily.
    I understand that Fitty later recanted that pledge.

Kanye sold 957,000 albums the first week.
    Fitty sold 691,000.
    Kenny Chesney sold 387,000 (still killer sales, especially for a country album).

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post

Kanye outsold 50 easily.
    you are correct...it was 50 and not Kid...

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I understand that Fitty later recanted that pledge.

Kanye sold 957,000 albums the first week.
    Fitty sold 691,000.
    Kenny Chesney sold 387,000 (still killer sales, especially for a country album).
    They both recanted the pledge. I believe they are now saying that the whole point was to attract attention. Shrewd, to an extent, but I don't trust anyone who hates their listeners so much that they'll crassly create a faux-rivalry to boost sales.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    They both recanted the pledge. I believe they are now saying that the whole point was to attract attention. Shrewd, to an extent, but I don't trust anyone who hates their listeners so much that they'll crassly create a faux-rivalry to boost sales.
    Their music is already enough proof that they hate their listeners...

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    my guess is that 50's ego wrote a check his bank account was ready to cash. thats all.

I'm disappointed in Graduation. It's got just 3 really good tracks (6, 7 and 12) and a couple more halfway decent ones. It's a far cry from College Dropout.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine