Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Ahem... please look four posts above yours.
    Damn. Thought I was being clever. A thousand pardons.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Damn. Thought I was being clever. A thousand pardons.
    You were being extremely clever, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Soon seems to be the word.
    Nooooooooooooo... GREASE is the word.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Soon seems to be the word.
    As opposed to the run of bad puns, this post seemed interesting so I didn't want it buried. Anything to add to this cryptic statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Nooooooooooooo... GREASE is the word.
    How'd you know? It's coming to Raleigh next week and we have tix for Valentine's Day.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

No Amile for at least one more game:

Powell Latimer@PowellLatimerNR 3m3 minutes ago
    Amile Jefferson going understated professorial with a blue cardigan, khakis and the dope brown wingtip/walking boot combo.

When Amile comes back, how will the minutes be distributed ? Who loses minutes? Obviously we will be a better team, BUT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    When Amile comes back, how will the minutes be distributed ? Who loses minutes? Obviously we will be a better team, BUT ?
    But what?

You said it yourself. We will be a better team. We've got 6 guys playing a $#@& ton of minutes. I'm certain K will figure out what to do with Amile and the rest of the crew.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Amile has missed 10 of 18 possible conference games. I think he will miss the Louisville game too on Monday and come back at earliest against Virginia. Honestly, Duke is in pretty good shape to be 6-4 in the league without Amile. If they get by Louisville without him and head into the Virginia game with him, things could start to get interesting for Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Amile has missed 10 of 18 possible conference games. I think he will miss the Louisville game too on Monday and come back at earliest against Virginia. Honestly, Duke is in pretty good shape to be 6-4 in the league without Amile. If they get by Louisville without him and head into the Virginia game with him, things could start to get interesting for Duke.
    I think it'd be better for Amile if he waits until after the Virginia game. We're really physical, and you'd think it'd be better for him to ease his way back into the rotation for the sake of his foot.

Yeah... that's why I hope he doesn't play versus us... for HIS sake...

Trying not to be pessimistic but what does it mean that he had the boot on his foot while recovering, then the boot came off in late January, and then the boot was back on yesterday? Hopefully just being super cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Marshall will play fewer -perhaps letting him be more aggressive on D.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    Trying not to be pessimistic but what does it mean that he had the boot on his foot while recovering, then the boot came off in late January, and then the boot was back on yesterday? Hopefully just being super cautious.
    nothing. okafor wore a boot off the court most of last year

K on Jefferson from last night...

"He just hasn’t got past the pain. There’s still pain there. There’s no timeline."

Not sure how to process this. I was hoping for a Saturday return, but pain is something you can't predict.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post

"He just hasn’t got past the pain. There’s still pain there. There’s no timeline."

Not sure how to process this. I was hoping for a Saturday return, but pain is something you can't predict.
    I'm trying to get back to playing basketball from a knee injury suffered almost 4 months ago that required surgery . . and I can definitely empathize with Amile. Playing through pain is no fun. Hearing this from Coach K gives me a pessimistic view on his timetable to return. I'm predicting a Mar 1 return for the home game vs. Wake. Thank God Chase is starting to turn the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post

That's not the whole story of what said.

He explained about the boot -- saying that that it's precautionary and helps healing. He said that Amile takes the boot off for practice, then puts it back on. He said that's what Ryan Kelly did in 2013 when he broke his foot. Even after Kelly returned to the lineup, he still wore the boot when he wasn't playing.

He also said Amile is "healing nicely" ... THEN he said it's all about the pain.

No promises, but I would not be surprised in Amile plays Saturday. In fact, I would be surprised if he doesn't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    That's not the whole story of what said.

He explained about the boot -- saying that that it's precautionary and helps healing. He said that Amile takes the boot off for practice, then puts it back on. He said that's what Ryan Kelly did in 2013 when he broke his foot. Even after Kelly returned to the lineup, he still wore the boot when he wasn't playing.

He also said Amile is "healing nicely" ... THEN he said it's all about the pain.

No promises, but I would not be surprised in Amile plays Saturday. In fact, I would be surprised if he doesn't play.
    K also added that Duke is worried about a compensation injury, i.e. that Jefferson will try to compensate for the pain in such a way that he injures something else. Dizzy Dean.

K's body-language did not look encouraging last night when discussing Amile. I'd be surprised to see him play Saturday. Very pleasantly surprised. But surprised, nonetheless.

If the doctors tell Amile that he will not injure his foot or slow the healing by playing, then I would expect him to play. He might not play much or be very effective, but if he waits until he is pain free to play... that may not happen for months.

Each person has a different pain threshold. I hope Amile can tolerate his pain enough to get back this year, not so much for my sake, but I would hate to see him or anyone miss out on their final year.

Godspeed Amile.

Maybe all players should be required to wear boots (both feet) off the court. Never hurts to be proactive.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I'm predicting a Mar 1 return for the home game vs. Wake.
    I'm afraid that timeline may be accurate and if so (unless he feels no pain); probably best for all if he doesn't play again this season. Amile can then decide if he wants to redshirt and be part of next year's national championship.