Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    That's not the whole story of what said.

He explained about the boot -- saying that that it's precautionary and helps healing. He said that Amile takes the boot off for practice, then puts it back on. He said that's what Ryan Kelly did in 2013 when he broke his foot. Even after Kelly returned to the lineup, he still wore the boot when he wasn't playing.

He also said Amile is "healing nicely" ... THEN he said it's all about the pain.

No promises, but I would not be surprised in Amile plays Saturday. In fact, I would be surprised if he doesn't play.
    He actually didn't mention Ryan Kelly. He mentioned Jah.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    No, there is a provision for no games after March 1 or some such date to prevent abuse.
    It's actually sooner that that. The rule is play in less than 30% of games plus no games in the second half of the season. So it chan change depending on a teams schedule but should normally be in early January.

Is Amile Suited up?

Can we get an in-arena report as soon as the team appears for warm-ups?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Can we get an in-arena report as soon as the team appears for warm-ups?
    No Amile. Everyone else is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Frosh View Post
    Thanks OF. Coming from you, that is VERY ENCOURAGING.
    Maybe encouraging, but wrong. Not playing today.

Per BlueDevilNation:

Nothing New Under the Sun

Man, this has entered into Kyrie toe vigil status. I don't think anyone ever thought Amile wouldn't have returned by now from a Dec 12 injury. The longer it lasts at this point makes me believe that if he doesn't come back by late next week, we may not see him at all this year. At some point bigger minds than ours need to determine what's best for Amile and the program. To me, the answer is to redshirt him cause this team has zero chance to chase # 6, even with Amile. However, if he redshirts he gets an entire new year of eligibility to continue to improve his NBA or oversees chances, plus Duke is the front-runner for next year's national championship.

The win-win situation right now appears to be a redshirt, but who knows maybe he can play next week, it just doesn't feel like the narrative arc is heading in that direction...

Quote Originally Posted by CoSprings View Post
    Man, this has entered into Kyrie toe vigil status. I don't think anyone ever thought Amile wouldn't have returned by now from a Dec 12 injury. The longer it lasts at this point makes me believe that if he doesn't come back by late next week, we may not see him at all this year. At some point bigger minds than ours need to determine what's best for Amile and the program. To me, the answer is to redshirt him cause this team has zero chance to chase # 6, even with Amile. However, if he redshirts he gets an entire new year of eligibility to continue to improve his NBA or oversees chances, plus Duke is the front-runner for next year's national championship.

The win-win situation right now appears to be a redshirt, but who knows maybe he can play next week, it just doesn't feel like the narrative arc is heading in that direction...
    You're being a real negative Nancy. Just kidding (kind of).

This team doesn't have a great chance to get number 6... but zero chance... I disagree with that notion.

I think we have an excellent chance for No. 6 if Amile comes back, and a decent chance otherwise. No team is overly impressive this year. Coach K knows how to prepare for those 7 games in the NCAA's better than anyone. GO DUKE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WVDUKEFAN View Post
    Coach K knows how to prepare for those 7 games in the NCAA's better than anyone. GO DUKE!!!
    Has the bracket been expanded again?
    Bob Green

I think we have an excellent chance for No. 6 if Amile comes back, and a decent chance otherwise. No team is overly impressive this year. Coach K knows how to prepare for those 7 games in the NCAA's better than anyone. GO DUKE!!!
    Play-in game? Ouch!

Play in game this year, huh? Well, whatever it takes...

Laura Keeley tweeted that K said at thus point they are not considering a red shirt for Amile and they expect him back.

Also said he's trying but it's not coming around...still has pain even when trying to do slow speed Bball stuff

The "Chester from Gunsmoke" was a great analysis for us old timers.

Good luck Amile

For this to happen to Amile in his senior year is a tragedy.
    He waited for his time to play substantially and is always a team first, guy.

I have not read every post on this thread, but it's just
    eerily similar to Kyrie, if it was brought up before.

We so looked forward to Kyrie returning but the team had to learn
    how to play without him. When we got to the Regionals in
    Anaheim the players had a difficult time adjusting to his return.

I'm hoping that Amile can return soon for the stretch run and also
    am hoping that being his forth year a return adjustment
    won't be a significant hurdle for team chemistry.
    Let's go DUKE !!!

Let's look at this redshirt thing a bit.

If Amile Jefferson doesn't play anymore this season, he can come back next season as a redshirt senior.

Not his best-case scenario. But he can do it.

But if he comes back this season, checks into a game, plays even a second, decides his foot isn't right or re-injures it, well, that redshirt option disappears.

So, another reason to be prudent here.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

If Amile Jefferson doesn't play anymore this season, he can come back next season as a redshirt senior.

But if he comes back this season, checks into a game, plays even a second, decides his foot isn't right or re-injures it, well, that redshirt option disappears.

Not the comment I would have liked to see from someone who actually knows something but makes complete sense.

I disagree whole heartedly and it's not because this team is great this year, but because everyone else ain't that good either. We could beat any team in the country on any given night. That being said we could lose in the first weekend as well. Nobody is great this year. Great opportunity for a lower seeded champion.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

Also if it does get re-injured- it will likely mean that he needs surgery which would keep him out of any draft evaluation. It is almost past the point of no return now. Feet rarely heal quickly.