Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    I'm going to watch Rasheed Sulaimon and Maryland take on Ohio State on CBS. The game just tipped.
    Bob Green

Halftime: Maryland 37, Ohio State 31

Sulaimon has not scored however he has four assists and two steals. Probably not a popular sentiment here on DBR but Maryland is a very good team. They are big inside with Diamond Stone and Robert Carter, and talented in the backcourt with Melo Trimble and Sulaimon. Versatile Jake Layman completes the starting five. Layman leads the team in scoring at the half with 12 points.
    Bob Green

I will go ahead and mention Monday now.

There is a Duke game at an earlier than usual time. There is another ACC women's basketball game which should be pretty good as Syracuse visits Miami at 7:00pm on the ACC RSNs. The other ESPN2 game is Arizona State-Oregon State at 11:00pm ET. Let me also take the opportunity to pre-complain about all of the networks descending on this area for the Super Bowl. Thankfully it looks like at some coverage will originate from San Jose, which is at least a bigger city and closer to the actual venue, not to mention has more space, more people, is more safe, and is harder to cause disruptions to on a daily basis.

I will not be watching the first game of ESPN Big Monday, but Texas-Baylor at 9:00pm should be interesting even if the teams are not quite ranked as highly as those in some recent Big 12 Monday games. The other ACC game, North Carolina State-FSU at 9:00pm on ESPNU is also worth a watch along with the other prominent game of Texas schools (sorry Sam Houston State-Lamar), SMU-Houston at 8:00pm on CBSSN.

There is another NBATV doubleheader as Cavaliers-Pacers at 7:00pm and Bucks-Kings at 10:00pm both have Duke ties if not varying degrees of other interest. The usual amount of locally available games are there too.

Redick is playing the best basketball of his NBA career... he has his college swagger again and his confidence is compounding. I think the support he receives from his teammates is a key factor in his level of play. He never had a good chemistry with Nelson in Orlando but he is a perfect fit in Los angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Redick is playing the best basketball of his NBA career... he has his college swagger again and his confidence is compounding. I think the support he receives from his teammates is a key factor in his level of play. He never had a good chemistry with Nelson in Orlando but he is a perfect fit in Los angeles.
    Nobody has good chemistry with Nelson, not even Nelson!

Two of the five NBA games are on NBATV with Heat-Rockets at 8:00pm and Timberwolves-Lakers at 10:30pm.

None of the 7:00pm games are intriguing to me. For first halves before our game, we have a split ACC Network (why do thse still happen?) of Virginia Tech-Syracuse and Clemson-Wake Forest as well as UNLV-New Mexico on CBSSN. Unfortunately the other ESPN games on our timeslot happen to be the good ones with Indiana-Michigan on ESPN and West Virginia-Iowa State on ESPN2. Wyoming-Air Force on ROOT Sports would also be one that I would usually check out if we were not playing. The game to close the day between Colorado State and San Diego State on ESPN2 at 11:00pm could be good.

I will be avoiding the big ESPN games like the plague on Wednesday with their announcer swap. Fortunately, I will have the option to watch Warriors-Wizards locally as well at 8:00pm with Timberwolves-Clippers being the other game involved.

Notre Dame-Miami will be part of the announcer swap on ESPN2 at 7:00pm, but there is also Boston College-Virginia on the ACC RSNs for conference interest.

Some other college games I will keep an eye on include Marquette-Seton Hall on FS1 at 8:30pm an Arizona State-Washington at 11:00pm on ESPNU

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    I will be avoiding the big ESPN games like the plague on Wednesday with their announcer swap. Fortunately, I will have the option to watch Warriors-Wizards locally as well at 8:00pm with Timberwolves-Clippers being the other game involved.

Notre Dame-Miami will be part of the announcer swap on ESPN2 at 7:00pm, but there is also Boston College-Virginia on the ACC RSNs for conference interest.

Some other college games I will keep an eye on include Marquette-Seton Hall on FS1 at 8:30pm an Arizona State-Washington at 11:00pm on ESPNU
    Steph Curry is ridiculous. 7 3's is one quarter and most off one foot falling to the side. 36 in the half - 13 out of 14 shooting. Just not fair. He has made great basketball players look average.

Widespread national NBA coverage continues with two of the four Thursday games available on TNT with Knicks-Pistons at 7:00pm and Lakers-Pelicans at 9:30pm, neither of which are great, but both still probably worth a look.

The college slate seems pretty weak, especially early. At 9:00pm, Colorado-Oregon on FS1, Minnesota-Northwestern on BTN, and St. Mary's-BYU on BYUTV have caught my eye. Utah-Oregon State at 11:00pm is also worth a watch while UCLA-USC at 10:30pm is a good option for anyone with Pac 12 Network.

Less choices early mean a chance to focus on Duke. Also on the women's side is Kentucky-South Carolina on SECN at 7:00pm

Friday Ivy League Basketball is heating up. Columbia-Yale at 5:00pm on FS1 should actually be pretty good. Harvard-Princeton is on ESPNU at 7:00pm.

The ESPN NBA games are pretty good too with Pacers-Hawks at 7:00pm and Spurs-Mavericks at 7:30pm with a number of locally available games too.

Duke commit Frank Jackson takes on Tyus Battle at 11 PM on ESPNU tonight.

There are three ACC games to get you warmed up for ours. FSU-Wake Forest on the RSNs and also split ACC Network coverage of Boston College-Louisville and Virginia-Pitt. There are other good games in the timeslot, including George Washington-VCU on CBSSN and Marquette-Xavier on FS1. There are also good games on at the same time as ours, including Michigan State-Michigan on CBS and the underrated Texas Tech-Texas on Longhorn Network with Villanova-Providence at 2:30pm on FS1 possibly still worth watching after our game. Another ACC game comes after ours with Clemsom-Virginia Tech on the RSNs. There are two more marquee games at 4:00pm, but I think Stanford-Cal on ESPN2, South Carolina-Texas A&M on ESPNU, and New Mexico-San Diego State on CBSSN are really the ones worth a peek. Arizona-Washington on FOX at 4:30pm should be good. I will focus on Utah State-Wyoming at 6:00pm on ROOT Sports. There is the big ACC game later, but Baylor-West Virginia on ESPN2 at 8:00pm should also be good. Late games of interest to me also include St. Mary's-San Diego on RSNs at 9:00pm, Santa Clara-USF on RSNs at 11:00pm and Gonzaga-Pepperdine on ESPN2 at 11:59pm. If you get Pac 12 Network, Arizona State-Washington State at 6:30pm and Colorado-Oregon State at 8:30 may be interesting for different reasons.

The last NBA game of the day should be good with ESPN having Thunder-Warriors at 9:00pm ET to go along with whatever games might be local to you.

I didn't see a minute of the game, but Rasheed Sulaimon scored 21 points and grabbed 10 rebounds as Maryland beat Purdue 72-61.
    Bob Green

There is not a lot of counterprogramming to the Super Bowl. The ESPNU ACC game moves up to 1:00pm with Miami-Georgia Tech. The late Pac 12 game, which I always hope goes to fifty overtimes is Utah-Oregon.

Besides the Duke game, there are a few other good games on the women's side. Notre Dame-Louisville is on ESPN2 at 2:00pm and Tennessee-Texas A&M is on ESPN at 4:00pm.

The NBA gets all of its games out of the way early too as Clippers-Heat is on ABC at 2:00pm.

Our game is obviously the one most worth watching, but after us is Texas-Oklahoma and also Notre Dame-Clemson on ESPNU.

Unfortunately the timing of our game means we cannot also watch UConn-South Carolina on ESPN2, which may very well be the game of the year on the women's side above and beyond the title game with what should be a great crowd on hand. After that is Maryland-Ohio State, which should also be a good game.

A big list of NBA games includes Magic-Hawks on NBATV at 8:00pm (yes those teams played in the reverse venues on Sunday).

Two of the five NBA games on Tuesday are on TNT with Spurs-Heat at 8:00pm and Rockets-Warriors at 10:30pm.

The highlight ACC game is probably Pitt-Miami at 7:00pm on ESPNU. There is also a split ACC Network at 8:00pm with Virginia Tech-Virginia probably the better game. Michigan State-Purdue on ESPN and West Virginia-Kansas on ESPN2 are a pair of pretty good games at 7:00pm. Northwestern-Ohio State is on BTN at 8:00pm and an interesting game to close the day might be New Mexico-Utah State at 10:00pm on CBSSN.

Wednesday has a pretty full slate of NBA games as most teams have their last one before the All Star Game. I will be paying attention to Warriors-Suns locally, but there is an ESPN doubleheader with Lakers-Cavaliers at 8:00pm and Rockets-Trailblazers at 10:30pm.

On the college side, we have a light ACC slate with Wake Forest-Georgia Tech on the ACC RSNs at 7:00pm. Butler-Seton Hall at 6:30 on FS1, Providence-Marquette at 7:00pm on CBSSN, LSU-South Carolina at 7:00pm on ESPN2, and the under the radar St. Joseph's-George Washington at 7:00pm on a few RSNs are the pick of the early games. Baylor-Kansas State on ESPNEWS at 8:15 is a good bridge game for the late slate. Washington-Utah at 9:00pm on ESPN2, Iowa State-Texas Tech at 9:00pm on ESPNU, and San Diego State-Fresno State at 11:00pm on CBSSN are the best games late.

There are a couple of NBA games on Thursday before All Star Weekend. Wizards-Bucks runs at 8:00pm on local broadcast and Pelicans-Thunder is the 8:00pm TNT game.

There is the Duke game online, but also a few good games on the men's side. FSU-Syracuse at 7:00pm on ESPN is the ACC game. At 9:00pm, Iowa-Indiana on ESPN and Oregon-Cal on ESPN2 are both worth watching. At 10:00pm you have Washington State-Colorado on Pac 12 Network and BYU-USF on BYU TV. There are some good games at 11:00pm too with Oregon State-Stanford on FS1, Gonzaga-Portland on ESPNU, and Pepperdine-St. Mary's on some RSNs.

The college options are pretty good for a Friday as is the tradition for NBA All Star Friday/President's Day Weekend. USC-Arizona State is on Pac 12 Network at 8:00pm, UCLA-Arizona is on ESPN at 9:00pm, and Monmouth's bench visits Rider at 9:00pm on ESPNU.

The usual all star festivities will be on Friday as well with the celebrities first. There are Duke players involved in the Rising Star Challenge, so that may be worth a watch, especially with the United States trying to get revenge on the world.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    There are a couple of NBA games on Thursday before All Star Weekend. Wizards-Bucks runs at 8:00pm on local broadcast and Pelicans-Thunder is the 8:00pm TNT game.

There is the Duke game online, but also a few good games on the men's side. FSU-Syracuse at 7:00pm on ESPN is the ACC game. At 9:00pm, Iowa-Indiana on ESPN and Oregon-Cal on ESPN2 are both worth watching. At 10:00pm you have Washington State-Colorado on Pac 12 Network and BYU-USF on BYU TV. There are some good games at 11:00pm too with Oregon State-Stanford on FS1, Gonzaga-Portland on ESPNU, and Pepperdine-St. Mary's on some RSNs.

Cal - Oregon. Walton is en fuego.