Jason--seen any movies lately?

Just wondering about a few films out right now or soon to be out. The trailer for In The Valley Of Elah looks very promising. Rotten tomatoes has it around 69% right now. All the major papers and critics are saying good things about it.

Also wondering about The Kingdom with Jamie Fox. Doesn't look as strong but maybe worth going to see.

I have some interest in the new Brad Pitt flick, The Assassination of Jessie James. After reading some reviews it seems that most critics either rave over it or flat out dog it.

And finally, I am looking forward to Nov. when American Gangster comes out. This could possibly be a really good film. I like the trailer and with Denzel and Russell Crowe the star power is there.

Have you seen any of these or heard anything about them? Thanks

Sorry, after the summer I have gotten waaaay behind on movies. Plus, there has been some stuff going on with my family (can't really talk about it -- everyone is ok but there were a few weeks of some tough times for my extended family) which has pulled me and other family members away which makes it harder to get to the movies. That may sound strange, but if you knew my life and how I get to see non-kid flicks it would make sense.

You are going to laugh but the only thing I have seen since I saw (and loved) Shoot em Up is The Game Plan with The Rock. I took my 8-year-old to see it and even he did not like it very much. It may have been the most obvious movie in the history of obvious movies.

There is a long list of stuff I want to see and will see... though most of them way wait for DVD.

--Jason "The Kingdom is at the top of my list right now, for sure -- I really like Peter Berg" Evans

I think that I'm finally going to see Shoot 'Em Up this weekend, I've been meaning to catch it for a couple weeks but no time. Darjeeling Limited is coming out in limited release today, with a wider release next week, and I'm really interested in seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    I think that I'm finally going to see Shoot 'Em Up this weekend, I've been meaning to catch it for a couple weeks but no time. Darjeeling Limited is coming out in limited release today, with a wider release next week, and I'm really interested in seeing that.
    I look forward to a testimonial on DL. Rushmore remains one of my favorites, but Life Aquatic wasn't great, and the early reviews on DL seem subpar.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I look forward to a testimonial on DL. Rushmore remains one of my favorites, but Life Aquatic wasn't great, and the early reviews on DL seem subpar.
    Unfortunately, that appears to be true. It seems like many of the critics think that instead of moving forward Anderson is returning to some of his previous approaches. I won't see it this week, but probably next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    Unfortunately, that appears to be true. It seems like many of the critics think that instead of moving forward Anderson is returning to some of his previous approaches. I won't see it this week, but probably next week.
    I watched the Hotel Chevalier free on iTunes yesterday. It is the short companion film to Darjeeling. It wasn't great, though there is some minor nudity (Natalie Portman, not Jason Schwartzman, fortunately).