Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Blue Devils in the NBA

As a reminder, I host a simple page that collects data on former Devils and their NBA prowess.

Bookmark this site and enjoy your coffee while reading about how our Dukies fared in the previous evening's games.

/shameless plug

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post
    Tyus plays for Minnesota not Milwaukee, and he didn't travel with the team. Jabari is still recovering but is expected to return in early November.
    Tyus did not dress out for the game, but he did travel with the team as I saw him sitting behind the bench while watching the game on ESPN
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    As a reminder, I host a simple page that collects data on former Devils and their NBA prowess.

Bookmark this site and enjoy your coffee while reading about how our Dukies fared in the previous evening's games.

/shameless plug
    Thanks for doing this! I try to check it every morning during season.

It was fun

Quote Originally Posted by 84crazy View Post
    Between McBob setting everybody up like no other big and Winslow and Dang all over opponents on defense and the boards I'm psyched. Is this the best Dukies in the NBA team? gotta be. Plus healthy Bosh and Whiteside and Dragic watch out. If Wade just picks his spots they could make a deep run with the Dukies playing a key role.
    While it's interesting to see McRoberts turn into a passer and team player, it was even better to see Justise playing so well in his first NBA game.

While going 2-2 from the field and the seven rebounds were good, the plus minus was incredible: 26 minutes, +26 points. Nice debut.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400827895

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post

/shameless plug
    Bookmarked. Thanks for doing this. Even more valuable since the N&O has decided not to bother much with any sporting event that ends after it gets dark or thereabouts.

Kyle

And a DNP-CD for Kyle in OKC...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Justise had a +- of +26. No one else on Miami had a +- of better than +10. He currently leads the NBA in +- per game

-Jason "in a couple years when some writer goes back and re-drafts the 2015 draft, I predict Justise goes no later than 4th" Evans
    Kaminsky played 6 minutes against the Heat last night. Top 5 from this draft will be Towns, Jah, Mudiay, Justise and Herzonia

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Justise had a +- of +26. No one else on Miami had a +- of better than +10. He currently leads the NBA in +- per game

-Jason "in a couple years when some writer goes back and re-drafts the 2015 draft, I predict Justise goes no later than 4th" Evans
    I predict Duke players go #1 and #2.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    Kaminsky played 6 minutes against the Heat last night. Top 5 from this draft will be Towns, Jah, Mudiay, Justise and Herzonia
    No love for Kristaps?

I don't know why, but why did Austin Rivers get fined $25,000 by NBA ? Had to be something very flagrant or stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    I don't know why, but why did Austin Rivers get fined $25,000 by NBA ? Had to be something very flagrant or stupid.
    This should help...

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Threw a chair cushion and hit a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    While it's interesting to see McRoberts turn into a passer and team player, it was even better to see Justise playing so well in his first NBA game.

While going 2-2 from the field and the seven rebounds were good, the plus minus was incredible: 26 minutes, +26 points. Nice debut.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400827895
    McRoberts was always a solid passer as far as I recall. I remember because he'd make an awesome pass to someone wide open and they'd miss. Then his body language would be awful. Could be remember it wrong though.

Cavs against Miami tomorrow. Can't wait to see Winslow against Lebron.
    Set yer DVR's.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlindevildog91 View Post
    Threw a chair cushion and hit a fan.
    Kids, don't bring your pillow fights to the office. Leave it at home.

Don't sleep on Bobby Portis. He may not get much PT this year with the Bulls frontcourt depth, but he looked very good in the preseason and will be an impact player longer term.

Pretty sure it's spelled Herzegovina.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Raphielle Johnson ‏@raphiellej 24m24 minutes ago
    Winslow’s conceding nothing on D defending Harden down the stretch. And then he nails a three. Miami got themselves a player.

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 26m26 minutes ago
    Justise Winslow is outplaying James Harden on both ends. By a lot.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 16m16 minutes ago
    I love Justise Winslow's game. Had I done the 2015 draft, I would've been carried off the TV set unconscious after he fell to Miami at 10.

I watched the Heat game. Really solid game from Justise. Played very well defensively. Hit a dagger of a 3 that basically ended Houston.

For those who simply like to watch Jahlil Okafor play basketball, ignore his middling stat line from the Jazz game and admire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFkazAcUTVA