Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Is Dawkins not playing overseas already? This does not preclude him from dropping out of Europe and going to the D-League, unlikely as that may be. Dawkins is such a great shooter that it seems that NBA teams would be willing to take a chance on him, especially since his contract would likely to be so cheap.

The White Raven takes flight again

https://streamable.com/omy6

Not a game winner. Just over the fMVP this time. I guess we can say he's healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Nineteen guys!! That's astonishing. There are a fair number of ACC schools that haven't had 19 NBA players in their entire history.

And that could be a conservative figure. Dahntay Jones signed with the Nets in the offseason. Andre Dawkins and likely Quinn Cook will start in the NBDL and Nolan Smith has ambitions of coming back from a knee injury at mid-season.
    Elliott Williams may also play a few games in the league this year (he still counts to me).

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Is Dawkins not playing overseas already? This does not preclude him from dropping out of Europe and going to the D-League, unlikely as that may be. Dawkins is such a great shooter that it seems that NBA teams would be willing to take a chance on him, especially since his contract would likely to be so cheap.
    Dawkins is playing overseas so the NBA is probably out of the picture. Jim's gotta take a trip over to the other thread!

It is good to get a couple additions to make up for some losses. Shavlik Randolph is probably out of the picture this season. Carlos Boozer may or may not be able to catch on anywhere depending on if a team needs him to shoot the ball a lot. Dahntay is a longshot, but he might get a helpful assist from Billy King having survived the cut down to 17.

Elliot got cut, so he can't count under any system unless he is picked up off waivers.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Elliott Williams may also play a few games in the league this year (he still counts to me).
    If he counts for Duke then we can't claim Seth as he would count for Liberty. Rodney would be MSU's. Elliot is a Memphis Tiger, he didn't want to be a Blue Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by mo.st.dukie View Post
    If he counts for Duke then we can't claim Seth as he would count for Liberty. Rodney would be MSU's. Elliot is a Memphis Tiger, he didn't want to be a Blue Devil.
    Nonsense. It's not like anyone owns them. They played for Duke, that makes them family. I support all of them. And Sheed.

Not true - He transferred to be near his mother who was sick.

I did not know that Dawkins was playing overseas. Should make more money than he would in the D-League but the D-League is designed to cut folks to the NBA more easily than the Euros.

And I wasn't even thinking about Shav. But he always seems to show up for a few games here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosbleuatu View Post
    Nonsense. It's not like anyone owns them. They played for Duke, that makes them family. I support all of them. And Sheed.
    With you 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosbleuatu View Post
    Fair enough, I disagree but that's alright. I don't consider the guys who transferred out as part of the Duke family, just guys passing through who made a decision they'd be better off elsewhere for whatever reasons they had. Now that doesn't mean I think they are bad people or that I hold it against them for leaving, everybody has to do what they think is best for them, I just don't consider them to be Duke basketball players.
    Last edited by mo.st.dukie; 10-24-2015 at 01:16 AM.

I don't remember Rodney playing for Michigan State. 😉
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    I don't remember Rodney playing for Michigan State. 😉
    Then maybe your remember him at Mississippi State University?

Fair enough, I disagree but that's alright. I don't consider the guys who transferred out as part of the Duke family, just guys passing through who made a decision they'd be better off elsewhere for whatever reasons they had. Now that doesn't mean I think they are bad people or that I hold it against them for leaving, everybody has to do what they think is best for them, I just don't consider them to be Duke basketball players.
    Don't consider them Duke basketball players? Then who scored their points while they were here? Seems like there's a less uncharitable way to put it.
    Otherwise, according to you, the 2nd leading scorer in the Final for our first national championship team, outscoring Hurley and GHill, was allegedly not a Duke basketball player.

I'm sure I'm not alone in being grateful Billy McCaffrey "passed through" our doors that year. [well, 2 years]

Seems like you could make a case OAD players just "pass through" as well. So I'm also grateful Kyrie Irving passed through (he played fewer games for Duke than Billy, I'm willing to bet).

So I strongly disagree, but you're right that ... "that's alright."

Quote Originally Posted by huey View Post
    He's still got it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKxAhXLViuk

A game-winning goal is nice we secure your place on the roster
    #1 on NBA.com's Preseason Best: Top 10 plays

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Outlaw View Post
    #1 on NBA.com's Preseason Best: Top 10 plays
    Ok. That dunk officially marks the beginning of the basketball season for me... throw it down big man, throw it down... ( oh bill Walton )

Fantastic 1st NBA game from Jahlil, 26pts on 10-16 FG and 6-6 FT.
    Solid 1st game from Justise, hitting all of his shots and throwing down a nasty dunk over 3 people. Deng had a solid, unspectacular game, while McRoberts didn't do a whole lot.
    Didn't see Jabari or Tyus in any stat sheets, they both play for Milwaukee, right?
    MP1 had a nothingburger of a game, in only 3 minutes, while l'il bro' MP2 had a solid game in his new home in Portland.
    Lance scored 13 on perfect shooting for NY. Where did THAT come from? He shot 33% from 3 last season in NY (tho' none last night) after shooting 0 3s at Duke. And now he's a solid FT shooter too?!?!
    Ryan had an unspectacular game in a 1pt loss by LA.
    JJ had a solid game for the other LA, while Austin Rivers had a meh, game.
    Rodney had a pretty good game overall in Utah, tho' 0fer7 from 3.
    Injuries kept a few guys out though.
    Last edited by DukieInBrasil; 10-29-2015 at 09:08 AM.

Solid 1st game from Justise, hitting all of his shots and throwing down a nasty dunk over 3 people. Deng had a solid, unspectacular game, while McRoberts didn't do a whole lot.
    Justise had a +- of +26. No one else on Miami had a +- of better than +10. He currently leads the NBA in +- per game

-Jason "in a couple years when some writer goes back and re-drafts the 2015 draft, I predict Justise goes no later than 4th" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Didn't see Jabari or Tyus in any stat sheets, they both play for Milwaukee, right?
    MP1 had a nothingburger of a game, in only 3 minutes, while l'il bro' MP2 had a solid game in his new home in Portland.
    Lance scored 13 on perfect shooting for NY. Where did THAT come from? He shot 33% from 3 last season in NY (tho' none last night) after shooting 0 3s at Duke. And now he's a solid FT shooter too?!?!
    Tyus plays for Minnesota not Milwaukee, and he didn't travel with the team. Jabari is still recovering but is expected to return in early November.

Did you watch the game? McRoberts was the most effective passer on the team. The Offense flowed with him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Did you watch the game? McRoberts was the most effective passer on the team. The Offense flowed with him in.
    no, i didn't watch the game. I guess what he did do didn't show up in the stat sheet. Which of course is not the best way to evaluate whether someone did a whole lot.