Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevil View Post
    ... to have intelligent things to say (or at least things to say).
    Whoa! Hold on a second. I didn't know that having something intelligent to say was any kind of criteria for the podcasts. I probably would have never signed up for these things if I knew there was any kind of standards!

Ha!

Like Sam and Donald, I thank everyone for the input. I'm glad to hear there is so much interest in football. I will freely admit that when the three of us talk about topics, I'm usually the least enthusiastic about football and am always trying to find the most current hoops stuff to focus upon. It was my planning and execution that led to us getting a basketball coach to be our preview of the Northwestern football game -- a pretty underhanded way of having basketball take precedence over football

That said, as others have indicated, there really isn't enough substantial hoops news to sustain the podcasts right now and the football team is playing some very exciting ball. We don't have any plans to back off of football any time soon an I sure am enjoying marveling at the way Coach Cut has remade the program.

I love that we finally got a little bit of a discussion going surrounding the podcasts. We know this board is our core audience and we want to engage you guys any way we can. If any of you ever have suggestions, please post something and let us know. Trust me, we will take any advice to heart. For example, the cacophony of support for football content has me rethinking my mild reluctance to talk too much about it

-Jason "I'm so flattered at how many folks seem to be enjoying this... we are just some fans having fun" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Whoa! Hold on a second. I didn't know that having something intelligent to say was any kind of criteria for the podcasts. I probably would have never signed up for these things if I knew there was any kind of standards!

Ha!

Like Sam and Donald, I thank everyone for the input. I'm glad to hear there is so much interest in football. I will freely admit that when the three of us talk about topics, I'm usually the least enthusiastic about football and am always trying to find the most current hoops stuff to focus upon. It was my planning and execution that led to us getting a basketball coach to be our preview of the Northwestern football game -- a pretty underhanded way of having basketball take precedence over football

That said, as others have indicated, there really isn't enough substantial hoops news to sustain the podcasts right now and the football team is playing some very exciting ball. We don't have any plans to back off of football any time soon an I sure am enjoying marveling at the way Coach Cut has remade the program.

I love that we finally got a little bit of a discussion going surrounding the podcasts. We know this board is our core audience and we want to engage you guys any way we can. If any of you ever have suggestions, please post something and let us know. Trust me, we will take any advice to heart. For example, the cacophony of support for football content has me rethinking my mild reluctance to talk too much about it

-Jason "I'm so flattered at how many folks seem to be enjoying this... we are just some fans having fun" Evans
    I will add as feedback -- Laura Keeley was an excellent guest, as was Jim Sumner a few weeks ago. Did not listen to the podcasts last year so I have no frame of reference for others. Chris C obviously cool for a different reason.

Are you guys able to track how many listeners/followers you have?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Are you guys able to track how many listeners/followers you have?
    I'm not technically savvy enough to really know, but I would say it appears we are getting a couple thousand downloads per podcast at this point.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I'm not technically savvy enough to really know, but I would say it appears we are getting a couple thousand downloads per podcast at this point.
    At one point, we were the #6 Sports podcast on iTunes...all of iTunes. That was obviously during the tourney back in March, but I believe at that point, we were getting well over 5000 downloads/8000 listens...which is ridiculous that so many people hear our voices!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Basketball School, NO!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I haven't commented on any of the podcast threads in the past but wanted to say how much I enjoy them and am glad that you guys put in the effort.
    I'm just glad that I don't have to give the old response to Cheater fans, " we're a basketball school". Duke Football is really getting it done. Great letter. GODUKE!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    I believe at that point, we were getting well over 5000 downloads/8000 listens...which is ridiculous that so many people hear our voices!
    I listen 3 or 4 times to each episode, so I am doing my part

Also occurs to me that folks may want to put a face with the voice. Here are pictures of me, Donald, and Sam taken from Linkedin. Without looking it up on line, can you guess who is who?

-Jason "I have no idea why they are different sizes" Evans

Also occurs to me that folks may want to put a face with the voice. Here are pictures of me, Donald, and Sam taken from Linkedin. Without looking it up on line, can you guess who is who?

-Jason "guesses?" Evans
    You're on the far right, Donald is the far left, Sam in the middle. Maybe.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    I'm going to sue you right out of your home for sharing my photos, Evans.

I've met Sam and BlazinDW so I'll disqualify myself, but say that Sam definitely has that radio face, err, personality. It is an amazing coincidence that one of the photos is larger than the others (cough, cough).
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Did you intentionally choose pictures with neckties? Or are those your Hollywood headshots?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I've met Sam and BlazinDW so I'll disqualify myself, but say that Sam definitely has that radio face, err, personality. It is an amazing coincidence that one of the photos is larger than the others (cough, cough).
    I resemble that remark.

Fun fact: Jason used a picture of me from 10 years ago.
    Second fun fact: I look the exact same.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Does it help if I tell you that the photos are in ascending age order?

Also, I don't get why this is a big deal. My avatar has always been a photo of me and two of my Duke classmates.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup wherever podcasts are given away for free!

DeeDub is a good looking guy!. Just like all Detroiters.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'