Page 31 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by miltk View Post
    Bagley is staying west if he's in college at all. That's why sc, which has zero basketball imprint in ncaaM, is even on his list. Trust me on this. It'll be either UCLA or usc. Maybe sc because the dad is a nike aau coach.
    Is that the same USC that others have pointed out upthread does not have a scholarship to offer?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Is that the same USC that others have pointed out upthread does not have a scholarship to offer?
    i'm a bit concerned by your comment that you are not trusting miltk on this. miltk very clearly stated, "Trust me on this."

Bagley is staying west if he's in college at all. That's why sc, which has zero basketball imprint in ncaaM, is even on his list. Trust me on this. It'll be either UCLA or usc. Maybe sc because the dad is a nike aau coach.
    No link means no trust. Gut instincts mean NOTHING when it comes to recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by bob blue devil View Post
    i'm a bit concerned by your comment that you are not trusting miltk on this. miltk very clearly stated, "Trust me on this."
    Studies show that statements either preceding or following the phrase "trust me" are 97.38% factual. Substitute the phrase "believe me" and rate increases to 99.997%. This is settled science. Time to move on to a new topic.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Studies show that statements either preceding or following the phrase "trust me" are 97.38% factual. Substitute the phrase "believe me" and rate increases to 99.997%. This is settled science. Time to move on to a new topic.

And ask yourselves this: would the U.S. Treasury issue quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies which state "In miltk We Trust" if it were not so?

(By the way, you needn't consult your pocket change to verify my claim . . . trust me.)

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    What do the studies show when a someone prefaces their comment with "to be honest" ? Do the studies show what the factual percentage is for the rest of what the person says which is not prefaced by "to be honest" ?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlDuke72 View Post
    What do the studies show when a someone prefaces their comment with "to be honest" ? Do the studies show what the factual percentage is for the rest of what the person says which is not prefaced by "to be honest" ?
    Studies show that there is a 100% chance that either the speaker or the listener will regret the words that follow.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Studies show that there is a 100% chance that either the speaker or the listener will regret the words that follow.
    or reader

To be honest, to be honest does not stand alone

"To be fair", for example.

The perception of duality often masks a projected singularity. Not always, but more often than not.
    The University of North Carolina
    Where CHEATING is a Way of Life

How about FWIW?

FWIW -- ESPNU is showing an AAU showcase game tonight at 10 pm Eastern. I was told that one of the teams is coached by Seth Curry and includes major Duke products Darius Garland and Cameron Reddish (plus Bol Bol, who doesn't seem to be a Duke target)P.

No promises, but it might be worth checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    I was told that one of the teams is coached by Seth Curry and includes major Duke products Darius Garland and Cameron Reddish (plus Bol Bol, who doesn't seem to be a Duke target).
    Hang on... Seth Curry is an AAU coach? How does he have time for that? Is this just a special short-term gig for him or has he been coaching AAU stuff all summer?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

How about FWIW?

FWIW -- ESPNU is showing an AAU showcase game tonight at 10 pm Eastern. I was told that one of the teams is coached by Seth Curry and includes major Duke products Darius Garland and Cameron Reddish (plus Bol Bol, who doesn't seem to be a Duke target)P.

No promises, but it might be worth checking it out.
    Wait a minute ...

Did you just sneak some recruiting news into a recruiting thread?

J’accuse!

Excuse me if this has been reported, but Duke has offered Nasser Little. He of the nanotechnology biological waterway cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Hang on... Seth Curry is an AAU coach? How does he have time for that? Is this just a special short-term gig for him or has he been coaching AAU stuff all summer?
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Wait a minute ...

Did you just sneak some recruiting news into a recruiting thread?

J’accuse!
    As far as I can tell, Oly is referring to the SC30 Select Camp ("Stephen Curry 30"; a skills camp that takes place after the AAU season has ended) which is in its 4th year but is hosting the 1st ever Select HS Showcase, presented by Under Armour. The Showcase appears to pit two teams of essentially the who's who of HS basketball against each other (juniors and seniors). From what I can tell, one team is coached by Steph and the other by Seth, but I'm not 100%. This article claims the game is at 6pm PT, which means 9pm ET (although Oly said 10pm ET).

Linkypoo

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by madscavenger View Post
    "To be fair", for example.

The perception of duality often masks a projected singularity. Not always, but more often than not.
    How about "no disrespect, but..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    How about "no disrespect, but..."
    I believe the stats for "no offence..." approach 100% for being something the recipient might be offended by.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Duke's Latest Offer: Nassir Little

Duke went on an offer binge last night, which included 2018 6'7" SF Nassir Little of Orlando Christian Prep. Little is a top 25 player in his class and appears to have strong interest in Arizona, Duke, Florida, UNC, and others. I haven't read too much on Little, but he is among a number of small forward recruits Duke is pursuing in the Class of 2018.

In addition to Little, Duke has previously extended an offer to R.J. Barrett, Jarius Hamilton, Cameron Reddish, and Zion Williamson. My guess is that Little would be a 2+ year player (can never predict how long they'll last these days) while one ore more of Barrett, Reddish, and (less likely) Williamson fill the starting wing/forward roles during the 2018-19 season.

Encouraged

I am for offering 2+ year players early. K has tried to balance youth and experience, and seems to easily recruit superstars. But (though I hate to say it) UNCheat has done well without them.

I am not doubting what you have said. It just makes me wonder why Duke has gone so hard at Bagley if he is such a strong lean towards staying out west? It makes sense since he lives out west; and has played a lot of summer ball in the SoCal area over the past few years.

If Duke doesn't get Bagley, i won't be that upset because I like the make-up and chemistry of this year's team; and I've always wondered how the team would respond to a great player as a late edition. There are only so many minutes a player could have in a loaded frontcourt like Duke's. With that being said, I would be ecstatic if Bagley ended up choosing Duke.

I was told that one of the teams is coached by Seth Curry and includes major Duke products Darius Garland and Cameron Reddish (plus Bol Bol, who doesn't seem to be a Duke target)P.
    Did I overlook the Duke careers of Darius Garland and Cameron Reddish?
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K