Page 26 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    I would hope that my contribution entitles me to a 6-pack of my favorite beverage !
    I think it probably entitles you to the same cash award I received.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

More interesting background info on RJ Barrett, who lit up the US team recently. Others have mentioned his strong interest in Duke, and I'm sure we are reciprocating the love. He sounds like a great talent.

https://theringer.com/rj-barrett-fib...t-fbe374453d92

Collusion

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    More interesting background info on RJ Barrett, who lit up the US team recently. Others have mentioned his strong interest in Duke, and I'm sure we are reciprocating the love. He sounds like a great talent.
    No chance. The fix is in. Cal agreed to showcase Barrett at the expense of the USA U19 team by not playing defense, and Barrett will attend UK. I've seen the email string. It's in Russian, which is no problem, and I have Google Translate for the Canadian bits. The parts that are in Kentucky-ite are unintelligible, of course, but they're probably gibberish in English anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    No chance. The fix is in. Cal agreed to showcase Barrett at the expense of the USA U19 team by not playing defense, and Barrett will attend UK. I've seen the email string. It's in Russian, which is no problem, and I have Google Translate for the Canadian bits. The parts that are in Kentucky-ite are unintelligible, of course, but they're probably gibberish in English anyway.
    "If it's what you say, I love it" - John Calipari

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post

https://theringer.com/rj-barrett-fib...t-fbe374453d92
    Is this correct - Barrt is class of 2019, but may re-classify in the coming months to 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Is this correct - Barrt is class of 2019, but may re-classify in the coming months to 2018?
    I was told today that his reclassification is a certainty and that it should be announced fairly soon.

When he reclassifies, he will push Marvin Bagley as the No. 1 player in the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    I was told today that his reclassification is a certainty and that it should be announced fairly soon.

When he reclassifies, he will push Marvin Bagley as the No. 1 player in the class.
    When asked via the Twitter machine, Evan Daniels opined that, when Barrett reclasses, Bagley will continue to be the top 2018 prospect (he says by a pretty significant margin) and he would slot Barrett in at No. 2. FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    When asked via the Twitter machine, Evan Daniels opined that, when Barrett reclasses, Bagley will continue to be the top 2018 prospect (he says by a pretty significant margin) and he would slot Barrett in at No. 2. FWIW.
    KU insiders are hopping with excitement over this and are very confident that Barrett will end up in Lawrence. Which is hilarious because KU insiders are always overly confident at this point in a recruitment, and are almost always wrong. Especially when going up against Duke and UK.

So you can count this as my reverse jinx post: Good luck to RJ in Duke blue.

Barrett was very interested in Kansas until he found it on a map.

July is busy. In addition to putting together a young team when in Durham, July is a big recruiting month. Peach Jam started today, for example.

Steve Clark‏ @SteveClarkTDD 15m15 minutes ago
    Duke has got Coach K and Jeff Capel courtside for Marvin Bagley vs Emmitt Williams and Nate James is watching Darius Garland vs Cole Anthony

Brant Wilkerson-New‏ @BrantGNR 7m7 minutes ago
    Coach K and Jeff Capel right at center court for Duke targets Marvin Bagley v. Emmitt Williams

Wayne Gooch‏ @Bluedevilsreign 45m45 minutes ago
    Coach K and Coach Capel now watching Tre Jones while Nate James watches Simi Shittou go against Bol Bol.

Correct spelling is Stones

Steve Clark‏ @SteveClarkTDD 4m4 minutes ago
    Credit due to Tre Jones. 20 seconds left & tie game, he makes the layup while getting hammered, then finished the play with and-1. #tough

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Brant Wilkerson-New‏ @BrantGNR 7m7 minutes ago
    Coach K and Jeff Capel right at center court for Duke targets Marvin Bagley v. Emmitt Williams

Is that Chris Collins next to them? Purple shirt, but the shade is a little too light for NWestern.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Is that Chris Collins next to them? Purple shirt, but the shade is a little too light for NWestern.
    Dan Majerle (Grand Canyon coach) is to Coach Capel's right.

Patrick Ewing (Georgetown) is to Coach K's left.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Better question: where's Coach Enfield's wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Dan Majerle (Grand Canyon coach) is to Coach Capel's right.

Patrick Ewing (Georgetown) is to Coach K's left.

I don't like the looks of Coach K's ankles: they seem swollen in this photo. I doubt he's wearing thick woolen socks in mid-July. Other recent photos of him from K-Academy suggested some sort of lower body issue(injury or edema). Praying that there's nothing wrong.
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    I don't like the looks of Coach K's ankles: they seem swollen in this photo. I doubt he's wearing thick woolen socks in mid-July. Other recent photos of him from K-Academy suggested some sort of lower body issue(injury or edema). Praying that there's nothing wrong.
    Holiday Inn Express?

Coach K can dress as comfortable as he likes...he has earned it.

Also gyms are air conditioned now most coaches dress for the AC not the picture😀

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    The man is 70 years old. If I'm him, I'd take bad ankles over other ailments that normally affect most 70+ year olds.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Barrett is an interesting player and would be an interesting addition to Duke. He's not a shooter at this stage of his career, which is something that the coaching staff has valued in a wing since forever. But his talent more than compensates for that.

A class of Tre Jones, Darius Garland, RJ Barrett, Cameron Reddish, and Marvin Bagley, Jr. (and maybe someone else like David McCormack) would be quite the coup.