Page 114 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2887
    Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Hopefully, Montgomery will be announcing soon.
    Waiting on Trent and Duval to commit to the NBA first? Need to open up a scholly, officially, before he announces?

Bolden, Delaurier, AOC, Goldwire, White, Frank, MBIII, GTJr, WCJr, Duval and Robinson on scholarship. We have 2 openings with an assumed 2-4 more.

4 spots are already taken. 2 free plus the 2 for sure early leavers, MBIII and WCJr. I bet waiting to see if (although pretty sure) Trent and Duval are leaving too to have a spot. I'd bet it is a courtesy thing for the player to declare without having a bunch of reporters asking them about rumors of leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by gocanes0506 View Post
    Waiting on Trent and Duval to commit to the NBA first? Need to open up a scholly, officially, before he announces?

Bolden, Delaurier, AOC, Goldwire, White, Frank, MBIII, GTJr, WCJr, Duval and Robinson on scholarship. We have 2 openings with an assumed 2-4 more.

4 spots are already taken. 2 free plus the 2 for sure early leavers, MBIII and WCJr. I bet waiting to see if (although pretty sure) Trent and Duval are leaving too to have a spot. I'd bet it is a courtesy thing for the player to declare without having a bunch of reporters asking them about rumors of leaving.
    Who is Frank? Also, Robinson would lose his scholarship if necessary. In other words, no one is waiting for Trent and Duval.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Who is Frank? Also, Robinson would lose his scholarship if necessary. In other words, no one is waiting for Trent and Duval.
    Probably was Vrank and got autocorrected.

So, this is pretty much already the best recruiting class ever, but if we get Montgomery, it would eclipse the Fab 5 in just about every way imaginable, right?

Eat your heart out, Jalen Rose.
    Last edited by kAzE; 03-19-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    RJ Barrett is the Gatorade High School NPOY.

Jayson Tatum surprises Barrett by being the one who delivers the trophy to him:

I would lose my $#%& if Tatum presented me with anything. Barrett looked unimpressed.

Cold. Blooded. Killer.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I loved seeing that RJ is a lefty.

I've gotten used to seeing Bagley with the left handed shot!

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I loved seeing that RJ is a lefty.

I've gotten used to seeing Bagley with the left handed shot!
    Looks like EJ Montgomery is also a southpaw

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Probably was Vrank and got autocorrected.
    That would make sense. I need to work on that outside-the-box thinking.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Sorry. It is Vrank. Proof reading is key!

I understand that Robinson would lose his scholly for the greater good. My point was more in line of avoiding questions from the media about who is leaving and/or Robinson losing his scholly during the season. Just avoid the distractions, let Duval and/or Trent declare on their time, and let the big man commit the next day/ late signing period. Works out for everyone. Could all of this be false and the big man unsure? You betcha. It’s what makes sense in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Looks like EJ Montgomery is also a southpaw
    So is Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I would lose my $#%& if Tatum presented me with anything. Barrett looked unimpressed.

Cold. Blooded. Killer.
    Or he was wondering why is someone driving my parents car.

McDonald's All-American Game

Duke fans are no doubt down after the game last night, but there's a little consolation prize starting this evening. (At least) Four future Blue Devils will appear in the MdDonad's All-American game, including the Top 3 players in the class and the top point guard.

Starting tonight, we'll get our first peek at future Blue Devils in the Powerade Jam Fest.
    • Tre Jones will participate in the "Legends and Stars Shootout"
    • Cameron Reddish will be in the 3 Point Contest
    • Zion Williamson will be in the Dunk Contest

The dunk contest includes an interesting lineup. Williamson should be heavily favored as he's been a hype machine for several years. There are a number of guards in this year's contest, including Devon Dotson (Kansas), Darius Garland (Vanderbilt), Quentin Grimes (Kansas), and Jahvon Quinerly (Villanova). The other three participants include two wings in Nassir Little (UNC) and Keldon Johnson (Kentucky). The other participant is top women's recruit Olivia Nelson-Ododa (UConn). All those point guards are a little surprising for this contest, in particular Darius Garland. He is known as a fast player but I have not much about his athleticism. We'll see what Nelson-Ododa can do in this contest as well. She is 6'5," so tall but I wonder if she will have enough explosiveness and power to contend with Williamson. Nassir Little might be a dark horse candidate to win this. Still, we've rarely seen a player with the hype of Zion Williamson in a contest that is made for him.

The game itself will be on Wednesday evening, from Atlanta.

Duke is now 100% on 247 CB for EJ Montgomery:

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...ertPredictions

I hope we get him. And I still think Duke's most important remaining recruit for next year is Marques Bolden. I hope we get them both.

And yes, Stones, RJ, Cam, and AOC (and even Javin, Jack, Justin, and Zion) keep working on your 3 point shots and free throws!

Bolden is as good as Carter at a lot of things.hes stronger.carter rebounded with both hands and could shoot threes .probably laterally quicker.bolden is a dang good player.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Duke is now 100% on 247 CB for EJ Montgomery:

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...ertPredictions

I hope we get him. And I still think Duke's most important remaining recruit for next year is Marques Bolden. I hope we get them both.

And yes, Stones, RJ, Cam, and AOC (and even Javin, Jack, Justin, and Zion) keep working on your 3 point shots and free throws!
    If we land EJ, it means Bolden is probably declaring. I really want Bolden to be back and be able to play 25 of more minutes.

Sometimes less is more. After 2009 season, we were worried that we couldn't even field a starting backcourt.

Zion Williamson was a luxury recruit. I don't think we need another unless he is willing to develop on the bench for 2-3 years.

Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    If we land EJ, it means Bolden is probably declaring. I really want Bolden to be back and be able to play 25 of more minutes.

Sometimes less is more. After 2009 season, we were worried that we couldn't even field a starting backcourt.

Zion Williamson was a luxury recruit. I don't think we need another unless he is willing to develop on the bench for 2-3 years.
    Even if Bolden declares, if he doesn't hire an agent, he might return. I hope he returns, but I'd understand if he declares.

There is plenty of room for Montgomery and Bolden to co-exist. In fact, I will be surprised if we end up with just Montgomery or just Bolden. If it is one or the other, I think we may look to add another big somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    That doesn’t really support your point though, as we then convinced a 5-star guard to reclassify and join the roster a year early.

Has Capel kept to the un-writen code and not gone after anyone on Duke's radar ? Or is the cuboard overstocked that he can cheat a little

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Has Capel kept to the un-writen code and not gone after anyone on Duke's radar ? Or is the cuboard overstocked that he can cheat a little
    Capel should be going after any player who hasn't been signed -- whether it's a Duke target or not. Pitt went 0-18 in the ACC this year -- no time to be cautious. Just my opinion.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Capel should be going after any player who hasn't been signed -- whether it's a Duke target or not. Pitt went 0-18 in the ACC this year -- no time to be cautious. Just my opinion.
    Capel should go after Zion?

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind seeing us get a couple of low 5 stars and high 4 stars for our classes from now on.

My idea class.

1 or 2 top 10 guaranteed 1ndone. i.e. the majority of our past 2 classes
    1 top 20 borderline 1ndone. i.e Winslow, Jackson
    2-3 low 5 stars and high 4 stars. i.e Grayson, Kennard, Delaurier,
    1 diamond in the rough i.e Marshall/Miles Plumlee, AOC