Page 76 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2887
    Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Rumor is he's a package deal with Makai Mason.
    Mason has already announced he is going to Baylor after this season, right? Were you serious about Reid Travis and Makai Mason being connected in any way? I've never heard that and don't know how those two even know each other.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Were you serious about Reid Travis and Makai Mason being connected in any way? I've never heard that and don't know how those two even know each other.
    Don’t want to speak for the OP but I’m pretty sure that was a joke. There have been unfounded rumors/speculation about Mason transferring to Duke ever since we played them two seasons ago.

I think Reid Travis would be awesome. He's played 3 years at Stanford. In that time they haven't been to the ncaa tournament and doesn't look like they'll make it this year. So maybe he'll want a chance at making a run towards a championship

One more thing about Reid Travis is that he formed quite a tandem with Tyus Jones for Howard Pulley, the strongest AAU team in Minnesota.

Travis might not mind teaming up with Tyus' little bro next season.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Don’t want to speak for the OP but I’m pretty sure that was a joke. There have been unfounded rumors/speculation about Mason transferring to Duke ever since we played them two seasons ago.
    Bingo.

As an aside, I somehow missed the Makai Mason to Baylor news. Bizarre on its face...
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Bingo.

As an aside, I somehow missed the Makai Mason to Baylor news. Bizarre on its face...
    I agree that Baylor is a somewhat odd destination for him. Though as a reminder to all, his circumstances are very different than other grad transfers - the current season is his fourth year at Yale, but he has one year of basketball eligibility left. The Ivy League does not allow grad students to play so he cannot play at Yale next year. As a result, if he wants to use his fourth year of college basketball eligibility, he must do it elsewhere.

For a while, he seemed very appealing to us, but given that we have Jones signed, I don't think we would have been an option. But Baylor will really be culture shock from New Haven (and he is from Massachusetts)

Even though K is about the moment and now, I can help but look forward to 2018-2019 just a tiny bit. If time travel is allowed, this is one game that's probably more of a competitive matchup than any opponent we will or can play this year:

Carter, Bagley, GTJ, GA, Duvall

vs

Finger-crossed super junior Bolden or Travis Reid, Delaurier, Reddish, Barret, Jones

Mah Gawd.

Who's got the better matchup? I'll take the better shooting team!
    Last edited by proelitedota; 11-17-2017 at 02:21 AM.

I have been enjoying the "cinematic recaps" that the Duke social media account puts out after wins. The thing I absolutely loved about the last one was the locker room reception Grayson got from his teammates at the end of the video. It looks like this team appreciates its captain, which is a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    I have been enjoying the "cinematic recaps" that the Duke social media account puts out after wins. The thing I absolutely loved about the last one was the locker room reception Grayson got from his teammates at the end of the video. It looks like this team appreciates its captain, which is a good sign.
    While I think the team appreciates Grayson, any time a player scores 37 points in college, I think it's a fair assumption to make that the locker room will go crazy.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    While I think the team appreciates Grayson, any time a player scores 37 points in college, I think it's a fair assumption to make that the locker room will go crazy.
    Only if that team won the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Only if that team won the game.
    True that.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

If Reid Travis is auditioning for Duke, there's no bigger data point than his game tonight against UNC.

Let's see how he does.

So does Reid Travis have 1 extra year of eligibility because of what seems to be an injury redshirt during his 2nd year at Stanford?

Would love to have this guy, he's putting up some monster numbers so far this year: 21.3 points, 6.8 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1.3 steals over 4 games.

Bol Bol to Oregon: Link

Manute Bol's 5-Star Center Son Bol Bol Commits to Oregon over Kentucky

I haven't seen Bol Bol mentioned out here in quite a while, but another recruit Kentucky seems to have lost.

Anyone with any info on how serious Kentucky was in their interest and if the Kentucky boards are proclaiming the end of the world after another recruiting miss?
    Last edited by BandAlum83; 11-20-2017 at 02:46 PM. Reason: briftz beat me by seconds...LOL, I guess I shouldn't proofread. HAH!

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Coach Cal cut Bol Bol from the USA team this past summer, that didn't help. Maybe Cal was cooling on Bol Bol, otherwise why would you cut a player that you really wanted?

I'm not personally sold on Bol Bol, especially as a top 10 recruit. Obviously the size and skill are impressive but it is all potential. Kid is still very mechanical looking and weak. Spends most of his time on the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Manute Bol's 5-Star Center Son Bol Bol Commits to Oregon over Kentucky

I haven't seen Bol Bol mentioned out here in quite a while, but another recruit Kentucky seems to have lost.

Anyone with any info on how serious Kentucky was in their interest and if the Kentucky boards are proclaiming the end of the world after another recruiting miss?
    They're likely blaming Duke...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I just visited Rupp's Rafters and the main theme seems to be that Cal backed off Bol a few weeks ago. They'd rather have Moses Brown ... or Shittu.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    I just visited Rupp's Rafters and the main theme seems to be that Cal backed off Bol a few weeks ago. They'd rather have Moses Brown ... or Shittu.
    Thanks for visiting for us.

I do have the distinct feeling that they care about us much more than we care about them.

As a matter of fact, since the Cheating Debacle, do we have any rivals anymore?

Outside of being a shot blocker, personally, I think Bol is way over-rated. But he block shots !