Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    We were lucky to be in New Orleans for the French Quarter Festival a few years ago, much more kid-friendly than Marti Gras. What a gas. Big second line to start things off, then music and great food for days. There is. No city like New Orleans. (I would say that it is one of the most unique cities, but don't want Jim Sumner's head to explode).

And as for the game, I of course recommend Jim's excellent summary on a different thread. The pressed for Cut, DeVon Edwards, and Thomas Sirk are all up on GoDuke.com -- really worth seeing, as usual.
    So much good preparation has gone into the lead up for this game. No detail overlooked.... frosh who haven't traveled for a road game had a simulation of that when the team went to Washington recently, just one example. I'm expecting the team to perform pretty well for an opening game... not perfect, but I think they'll be ready. They project the sort of quiet confidence one expects from veterans.

Nico Pierre is fitting in well in his new role. Shaun Wilson may not be the only one who can "juke" around while carrying the ball!

With all the sorting out following injuries for Duke, Tulane may have contend by making a variety of adjustments during the game. Keeping 'em guessing!

ummm somebody's gonna be here a couple of days late

"Saturday’s game will mark the fifth
    meeting between Duke and Tulane
    ... The Green Wave picked up wins..."

Two days away!

Rip 'em up, tear 'em up, give'm Hell DUKE!!!

Laura Keely article on Devon Edwards

Nice little write-up with some video.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/c...e32879979.html

*I just noticed that this article is also linked on the front page.
    Last edited by nocilla; 09-01-2015 at 08:00 AM.

There's a football game in 24 hours and 6 minutes and this deserves to be on the front page.

Cutcliffe said today on the ACC teleconference that Shaq Powell would start at running back, but that Shaun Wilson was full speed and would see action as well, along with Nico Pierre.

He said Ajeigbe was available, but while he has gone through some drills, he has not resumed full contact yet. Cut also said that he would not be afraid to play Harvard transfer Zach Boden if necessary.

Latest weather report (24 hours out) is temperature falling from a daytime high of 88 to a nighttime low of 76, but with an 80 percent humidity in the evening (that's a steambath!). There is a 40 percent chance of scattered thundershowers in the afternoon, dropping to 20 percent in the evening.

23 hours and 39 minutes to kickoff (at precisely 8:32 pm CT)!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Cutcliffe said today on the ACC teleconference that Shaq Powell would start at running back, but that Shaun Wilson was full speed and would see action as well, along with Nico Pierre.

He said Ajeigbe was available, but while he has gone through some drills, he has not resumed full contact yet. Cut also said that he would not be afraid to play Harvard transfer Zach Boden if necessary.

Latest weather report (24 hours out) is temperature falling from a daytime high of 88 to a nighttime low of 76, but with an 80 percent humidity in the evening (that's a steambath!). There is a 40 percent chance of scattered thundershowers in the afternoon, dropping to 20 percent in the evening.

23 hours and 39 minutes to kickoff (at precisely 8:32 pm CT)!
    If the temperature and relative humidity are both 80, that give a dew point of 74 and that is indeed a very juicy environment. I walk regularly in the evenings and dew points above 70 are rather uncomfortable and I'm wearing dri-lite type singlets and shorts so I can't really imagine how oppressive it would be in full football attire.

http://www.dpcalc.org/
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

My wife is from NOLA and I have to say that this time of year, it's like soup. Gumbo, to be precise.

Arrived in NOLA this afternoon and the weather is great! The humidity is not nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be. If tomorrow night is anything like it is right now, the weather will not be an issue at all. I'll be about 20 rows behind the Duke sideline at midfield!

GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackdevil View Post
    Arrived in NOLA this afternoon and the weather is great! The humidity is not nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be. If tomorrow night is anything like it is right now, the weather will not be an issue at all. I'll be about 20 rows behind the Duke sideline at midfield!

GO DUKE!
    This is the coolest night this week. The past two nights were quite sultry. A heavy rain in the early afternoon today (Wednesday) brought the temperature and humidity down to a remarkably comfortable level. We can hope that this pleasant trend continues!

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Come find me at the alumni association tailgate. I'll be the guy in the Duke shirt.

Game DAY!!!!!

As an aside, and because no one has mentioned it yet, and for moonpie23 and because I'm on Mt. Hatemore, can I please hear a hearty:

GO 5gje9m4b1shmcd442rkpxkeb8.gif from all the DBR faithful.

Right after our loud: Let's Go Duke!!!!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    As an aside, and because no one has mentioned it yet, and for moonpie23 and because I'm on Mt. Hatemore, can I please hear a hearty:

Here's hoping that Steve Spurrier lays it on the hells again.

Steve has never lost to UNC, by.the way. 5-0 I think career.

Game DAY!!!!!
    Whew... long five months between sports I care about.

Let's go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

I would say:

GO sCarolina 5gje9m4b1shmcd442rkpxkeb8.gif from all the DBR faithful.

Win one for the Ole' Ball Coach.

Tonight on TV...

Hey everyone. I've mentally committed to an evening in, on the couch with my TV. So my question is, does anyone have any suggestions on something good to watch tonight? I'm open to suggestions if anyone has something worthy of consideration. Thanks in advance!

Game DAY!!!!!
    oh wait, is that today?!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    Hey everyone. I've mentally committed to an evening in, on the couch with my TV. So my question is, does anyone have any suggestions on something good to watch tonight? I'm open to suggestions if anyone has something worthy of consideration. Thanks in advance!
    Try the test pattern on your local public access channel. Let us know if you pass.