Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Jamison Crowder stat line:

6 receptions for 45 yards
    1 punt return for 10 yards
    Not just 6 receptions, but 6/6 on targets. Nice hands!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Plus two points on a conversion.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

One of the bright spots for the Redskins last night who just couldn't get out of their own way enough to win :-(

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Plus two points on a conversion.
    And he had another nice gain on a screen pass that was called back for holding. The announcer commented on Crowder's quickness which was nice to hear even though the play didn't count.

Jamison is getting it done so far! The Redskins might be a hot mess, but Crowder is being productive and dependable when called upon.

Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    Jamison is getting it done so far! The Redskins might be a hot mess, but Crowder is being productive and dependable when called upon.
    The Redskins are not a hot mess. Seems that way to most because all the press covers is RGIII. They had a pretty good offseason (did a good job signing solid players to the defense and had a decent draft). Are they 'good'? No, not yet. But they can play some defense and that should at least keep them in games which should lead to a few more wins than last year. Hopefully the new GM has them on the right track to compete soon.

Just when it seemed Juwon Thompson might get some major reps for the Broncos (because CJ Anderson was being checked for a concussion), Thompson hurt his neck and missed the rest of the Lions game. I am convinced that if he is ever given a chance, Thomspson will show himself to be a strong NFL running back.

By the way, Kenny Anninuke was inactive for the Broncos on Sunday. He should be back from his injury by next week thought.

-Jason "fun to have this thread active and vibrant... go pro Devils!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Just switching around, but I caught Vinnie Rey involved in a key play in Cincinnati's win over Baltimore.

He was blitzing from his LB position on a play where Flacco connected for a big gain with the game on the line late. But the play was called back because the guy blocking Vinnie was flagged for grabbing his facemask. On the replay, it was clear that without the penalty, Vinnie sacks Flacco. The Ravens stalled and the Bengals held on for a 28-24 win.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Just switching around, but I caught Vinnie Rey involved in a key play in Cincinnati's win over Baltimore.

He was blitzing from his LB position on a play where Flacco connected for a big gain with the game on the line late. But the play was called back because the guy blocking Vinnie was flagged for grabbing his facemask. On the replay, it was clear that without the penalty, Vinnie sacks Flacco. The Ravens stalled and the Bengals held on for a 28-24 win.
    Vinnie Rey has turned into one darned good NFL linebacker.

Ross Cockrell picks off Joe Flacco for his first career NFL interception!

I was just listening to a live radio broadcast in which the announcers immediately referred to him as "The second year man out of Alabama" and then "Joe Cockrell." But let's not let that ruin the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by 1999ballboy View Post
    Ross Cockrell picks off Joe Flacco for his first career NFL interception!

I was just listening to a live radio broadcast in which the announcers immediately referred to him as "The second year man out of Alabama" and then "Joe Cockrell." But let's not let that ruin the moment!
    Nantz referred to him as 2nd year out of DUKE!
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Ross Cockrell INT!

2Qtr of the Ravens @ Steelers game, Thursday night - on 3rd - 7 on roughly Steelers 37, Cockrelly makes a great INT and returns it 37yds

2Qtr of the Ravens @ Steelers game, Thursday night - on 3rd - 7 on roughly Steelers 37, Cockrelly makes a great INT and returns it 37yds
    Cockrell FUM recovery to start the 3rd Qtr of Ravens@Steelers, getting his toes down was impressive! 2nd turnover of the night for Ross!

Fumble recovery, too

Ross is having a pretty good night.

And a fumble recovery on the opening play of the 2nd half!! (They got his name right this time!)

Cockrell gets another turnover

Whohoo

And it looks like he just got a nice fumble recovery to start the 3rd! Go Ross!

Sorry, looks like others beat me to it. Should have taken that typing class back in high school! Oh well, as the youngest of three Sons of Jarhead, I was born to be redundant.
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

The Falcons are absolutely destroying the Texans, so Sean Renfree has just made his NFL regular-season debut.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/game?gameId=400791709

Looks like the hapless Redskins just stole a win from the Eagles. Our man Jamison Crowder tallied 8 receptions for 78 yards. He was targeted 13 times, significantly more than any other receiver on the team.

Jamison Crowder now starting slot receiver for the Redskins

Crowder had at least 3 catches for 1st downs including a spectacular catch over 2 defenders for 20 yards on 3rd down in Eagle territory. Gruden in his presser said that Crowder had his progress slowed by his pre season injury but that the coaches decided he was ready to start today. Gruden said Jamison was "tough" and that "the (pro) games was not to big for him" and that he blocks. His official line was 7 catches for 65 yards and 12 targets. He had one catch that was - yards when the qb had to get rid of it. In his personal tv interview Jamison was his usual modest self.