Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Dukies in the NFL - 2015

Crowder is starting to show what he can do, and why Washington drafted him. The Redskins are doing joint practices with the Texans, and Jamison puts on a show...

http://duke.247sports.com/Bolt/WATCH...ng-CB-38589413

As a Redskins fan I was happy that they drafted Crowder. I read a Redskins blog on ESPN's site and from what I can tell Crowder is doing just fine. In particular sounds like he runs good routes and does a good job of adjusting to the ball at speed (meaning he has the ability to make adjustments to the ball without slowing down). They are going to have him return some kicks as well. I hope he continues to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    As a Redskins fan I was happy that they drafted Crowder. I read a Redskins blog on ESPN's site and from what I can tell Crowder is doing just fine. In particular sounds like he runs good routes and does a good job of adjusting to the ball at speed (meaning he has the ability to make adjustments to the ball without slowing down). They are going to have him return some kicks as well. I hope he continues to impress.
    DeSean Jackson apparently separated his shoulder at practice today. No details yet, but could favorably impact Jamison's snaps played and balls thrown his way. Either way, I too am glad to hear he has gotten off to a good start.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/08/06/was...rated-shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    DeSean Jackson apparently separated his shoulder at practice today. No details yet, but could favorably impact Jamison's snaps played and balls thrown his way. Either way, I too am glad to hear he has gotten off to a good start.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/08/06/was...rated-shoulder
    Heard an RGIII interview today as they're here in Richmond for camp and he was complimentary of JC, who I would think make the team-they need return help and WR back-ups/starters. DJ getting hurt helps JC. Local reporters covering camp were positive on JC, less so on RGIII. Just a little input from camp from me.
    Last edited by duketaylor; 08-06-2015 at 10:08 PM. Reason: grammar

Dukies in the NFL - 2015

I thought some might want to see this profile of Kenny Anunike in the Denver Post (I don't think it hits a paywall): http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ight-nfl-track .
    Last edited by -jk; 08-09-2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    I thought some might want to see this profile of Kenny Anunike in the Denver Post (I don't think it hits a paywall): http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ight-nfl-track .
    From that article:
    His 50-plus-page thesis: "Coping with Injury: How High-Performance Athletes Mitigate the Biopsychosocial Consequences of Sports Injury."
    Sounds like the paper due at the end of an AFAM class in Chapel Hill, no?

Proud that Kenny is getting a chance in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    From that article:

Sounds like the paper due at the end of an AFAM class in Chapel Hill, no?

Proud that Kenny is getting a chance in Denver.
    50+ page thesis? At unc-cheaters? Surely, you jest? Wait, I think I discovered the simple error on your part. You missed the decimal point and meant a 5.0 page paper. Or could that be a 0.5 page paper?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    50+ page thesis? At unc-cheaters? Surely, you jest? Wait, I think I discovered the simple error on your part. You missed the decimal point and meant a 5.0 page paper. Or could that be a 0.5 page paper?

Three tries but you finally got it correct.

I was afraid you were going to strike out.

At unc, might there in fact be "paper" papers for which there is no tangible evidence? I would think so...not much of a leap from "paper" classes to "paper" papers, is there?

Here's the Washington Post's Mike Jones' point #5 in observations from the Redskins' preseason win over the Browns last night:
    #5. Returns game remains shaky – The Redskins need Jamison Crowder (hamstring strain), who should serve as a legitimate upgrade on punt returns. Andre Roberts, who admitted last season he wasn’t fond of fielding punts, was ineffective Thursday, and fumbled at the end of one return. Cleveland cashed in that turnover for a touchdown. Chris Thompson got a few chances to field punts and he looked terribly uncomfortable. He muffed one, but luckily managed to scoop up the ball before defenders got there. He’s just not a natural there, despite his great speed. Crowder excelled in this capacity in college and should wind up landing this job full-time once healthy.
    Let's hope Jamison returns to action soon.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Here's the Washington Post's Mike Jones' point #5 in observations from the Redskins' preseason win over the Browns last night:

Let's hope Jamison returns to action soon.
    Agreed. It would be great to finally have a Duke guy make it at a skill position after a long draught. Crowder could be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Agreed. It would be great to finally have a Duke guy make it at a skill position after a long draught. Crowder could be that guy.
    I'm almost always up for a long draught. Perhaps #7965 from this page:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...m-Beer/page399

I'm not sure Crowder could field a punt very well after one however.

Mattman91 did accuse me of being able to turn any discussion/thread into a hops and barley forum.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm almost always up for a long draught. I'm not sure Crowder could field a punt very well after one however. Perhaps #7965 from this page:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...m-Beer/page399

Mattman91 did accuse me of being able to turn any discussion/thread into a hops and barley forum.

Couldn't give you official kudos, so please accept my post kudos as alternative. Apparently, my mind is still on suds after the rehash of 1999. Perhaps it is time for a chocolate peanut butter porter for breakfast.

Let's hope Crowder avoids the draught and ends the drought.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Couldn't give you official kudos, so please accept my post kudos as alternative. Apparently, my mind is still on suds after the rehash of 1999. Perhaps it is time for a chocolate peanut butter porter for breakfast.

Let's hope Crowder avoids the draught and ends the drought.
    A chocolate peanut butter porter for breakfast? Sweet Baby Jesus, you must be kidding me.

Alternative kudos accepted (or would that be excepted). I'd also accept a Liquid Bliss, too.

Lions vs. Skins Game

I missed the game last night while hosting a poker party, and failed to hit record on my trusty DVR Did anyone watch, and can you provide a recap on how the Dukies did in that game? I believe Crowder was going to be held out of the game with a hammy, correct? Did Cofield see any action? Laken I assume was getting reps for the Lions, how did he do?

Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    I missed the game last night while hosting a poker party, and failed to hit record on my trusty DVR Did anyone watch, and can you provide a recap on how the Dukies did in that game? I believe Crowder was going to be held out of the game with a hammy, correct? Did Cofield see any action? Laken I assume was getting reps for the Lions, how did he do?
    Cool video on the trip by the team.
    http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/pl...db_oem_id=4200
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Yesterday's Denver Post claimed that Juwan Thompson is fourth on the Bronco's depth chart for running back but that he was seriously challenging Montee Ball for third. The article also claimed that he is "invaluable on special teams".

Crowder uses basketball moves

I first thought that Coach K must have given him a pointer, but apparently it started in high school.

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-r...es-to-get-free

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Yesterday's Denver Post claimed that Juwan Thompson is fourth on the Bronco's depth chart for running back but that he was seriously challenging Montee Ball for third. The article also claimed that he is "invaluable on special teams".
    Heck, when things got tough he played linebacker for us!

Crowder in the End Zone

The box score says Jamison caught a 22-yard touchdown pass from Kirk Cousins in the skins' game against the Ravens. So far, three catches for 31 yards.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013