Duke/Pitt in MSG - Hotel Info?

Just wanted to let everyone know (if it hasn't been said way back somewhere on this board) that Duke/Pitt tickets for the Dec. 20 game in Madison Square Garden are on sale on the GoDuke.com website until Sept 30 I think it is..maybe longer. Anyway, they're $65 each, and you can't pick your seats or even see where they are..it just says you're getting 'best available.' Anyone got any reasonable hotel recommendations?? (I'm a poor grad student...)

Quote Originally Posted by camcraz25 View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know (if it hasn't been said way back somewhere on this board) that Duke/Pitt tickets for the Dec. 20 game in Madison Square Garden are on sale on the GoDuke.com website until Sept 30 I think it is..maybe longer. Anyway, they're $65 each, and you can't pick your seats or even see where they are..it just says you're getting 'best available.' Anyone got any reasonable hotel recommendations?? (I'm a poor grad student...)
    $65? Hell, at that price, I wouldn't go if even I lived in New York.

I'm no NYC expert, but I stay here in Manhattan. Not close to MSG but the west side is full of subway lines. Very cheap by NY standards.

http://www.riversidetowerhotel.com/

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Somebody's getting scammed

Haha well the funny part is if you look at places other than Duke's websites the lowest price for tickets is $170. I was getting really frustrated looking for tix, (I grew up cheering for Pitt, so this is a HUGE thing for me [I'll be cheering for Duke obviously]) but then I checked goduke and just started laughing

Yeah, I saw them at ridiculous prices on ebay and other ticket sites too...I guess people are buying them off GoDuke and then reselling to the poor souls who don't know any better..
    Throaty thanks for the hotel link, I'll check it out. Any other hotel suggestions from people out there??

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfax336 View Post
    Haha well the funny part is if you look at places other than Duke's websites the lowest price for tickets is $170.
    I don't think tickets are available yet through TicketMaster. Wait until next month, then start looking on StubHub. I bet you'll be able to get a 300- or 400- level ticket for around $50.