Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm really happy to hear that Seth has earned a guaranteed contract. I have to admit, however, that I wish the contract was with a better organization. The Kings seem like a bit of a dumpster fire waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I'm really happy to hear that Seth has earned a guaranteed contract. I have to admit, however, that I wish the contract was with a better organization. The Kings seem like a bit of a dumpster fire waiting to happen.
    Are they not already a dumpster fire that has happened?

Hey, at least Seth didn't sign with the Knicks.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Are they not already a dumpster fire that has happened?

Hey, at least Seth didn't sign with the Knicks.
    Yeah, Bieber, they probably already are a dumpster fire. They have been there so many times in the past...

People in the Kings organization call the Knicks a dumpster fire!

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Yes, but it could be a good situation for Seth to get some minutes. A higher caliber organization might have more trouble working him into the rotation.

-Jason "Sometimes it is good to be on a bad team " Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Yes, but it could be a good situation for Seth to get some minutes. A higher caliber organization might have more trouble working him into the rotation.

Well, except that he is the third PG behind Rondo and Collison. And both of those guys are smaller, which makes it unlikely he plays alongside them.

Maybe Curry gets run in 2016/17, but it is hard to see him getting many minutes this year.

If he was looking for immediate minutes, the Pelicans might have made more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Well, except that he is the third PG behind Rondo and Collison. And both of those guys are smaller, which makes it unlikely he plays alongside them.

Maybe Curry gets run in 2016/17, but it is hard to see him getting many minutes this year.

If he was looking for immediate minutes, the Pelicans might have made more sense.
    Sure, but you have to factor in the possibility that one or both of the guys ahead of him could be spite-traded by George Karl, opening up minutes during the season.

Curry will quickly become the 2nd PG behind Collison. It's not a question of "if", but of "when". Doc Rivers is really a magician if he was able to make Rondo successful.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Collison played 45 games last year. Rondo hasn't played more than 68 games in a season in any of the past 5 seasons. Seth will get some time when those guys are resting and/or hurt.

-Jason "Rondo is 29, but he is entering his 10th NBA season and it feels like he is getting old" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Collison played 45 games last year. Rondo hasn't played more than 68 games in a season in any of the past 5 seasons. Seth will get some time when those guys are resting and/or hurt.

-Jason "Rondo is 29, but he is entering his 10th NBA season and it feels like he is getting old" Evans
    He is getting real old. Ask anybody who has to watch him play - it gets real old real fast.

On the dotted line! He is a millionaire!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Yeah, count me in the camp that this is awesome. First, he is in the NBA, guaranteed, for 2 yrs. Kid has made the Show for 2 years at least! Second, the 2nd year is player option, and like others pointed out, that gives him the flexibility to bolt if the dumpster fire is too big in Sacramento, provided another team wants him. I would expect he would be wanted by others because I feel he has developed his game to the point where he will be a solid reserve for most any team. In the unlikely case he is not wanted, then fine, he just plays the second year in Sacramento. He is going to make killer money from a normal human's point of view.

Finally, as you aptly point out, with the Kings, he might get more minutes than he would on a better team. Personally, I think, again, Seth has raised the level of his game, and developed to the point where I believe he will perform well when given minutes. There will be a learning curve, and adjustments to make, similar to what JJ went through, but I believe Seth is going to stick.

Congrats to #30! You have made DBR proud and we are your unofficial fan club! Well done! You can thank us by being a guest on the DBR Podcast!

I guess we are all Sacramento fans now. Found this video here. Never too old to have a mixtape...

Congrats seth curry!

This is an excellent example of talent + hard work = opportunity! I'm very excited for him. Like other posters in this thread, I wish it had been for a different team. Hopefully he kills it this year and has better options to consider for next season. The Battle of the Brothers Curry should be fun to watch this year, hopefully it leads to some fun family shoot-outs on the court!

When did LD2 steal Winslow's haircut?

Wonderful news!

Congratulations, Seth! A true tribute to hard work and perseverance.

- Chillin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYhFc-tToFw
    recent interview Seth did for the Dan Patrick Show