Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Weight is a weird thing. It is solid measure of strength and readiness.

But players can have very minimal muscle development and still weight a lot. It's in the bones. Bone density is ~ 1.75 g/cm3 while muscle is only 1.06g/cm3. And looking at Ingram, he's got a solid bone frame (those shoulders are pretty broad. And that's a product of bone formation, not muscle).

Unfortunately, there isn't a measurement for players that measures muscle mass. We can only use weight (which is a combination of muscle, bone, fat, organ size, etc) and visuals. Weight-wise, Ingram is on the light-side but it's not shocking. Visually, he is the skinniest basketball player I've ever seen. But, muscle length is more important than muscle thickness (he's got a ridiculous 7'3" wingspan), so maybe Ingram is much stronger than he looks.
    Biebs, Et al.,

this has the makings as a serious contender to the cinder block discussion from years past....what else is there to discuss on hot summer nights.
    "I wanted it to be in my hands," Roach said of his game-sealing drive. "I wanted to take—I wanted that moment."

"Definitely was a bit personal for me," Roach added. "I mean, what happened last year, obviously, but just wanted to come out here and do anything I can to get this win, and we did that." Duke-Carolina, Cameron Indoor, Feb. 4th 2023

Really? I'm trying to find pictures of Lang as a freshman (or in high school) but to no avail. Lang must have really filled out, cus he looks like a college basketball player in all his pictures.

Ingram is rail thin. As CDu mentioned, I've never seen a thinner high level recruit. I even think John Henson was more "filled out" in high school than Ingram (Ingram has wider shoulders, but that's all because of bone structure and not muscle development).

Is it going to be an issue? I hope not, especially if Ingram is more of a perimeter player.
    Not sure if this guy counts as a "high level" recruit (he was top 40), but he was pretty bony as a guy coming out of high school:

tumblr_mckj31KHlX1qej3n9o1_500.jpg

I couldn't help but notice the striking resemblance . . .

5d75f6bc9f8017ce0bb24d5393a7e2b9eb4cbdf5_full.jpg

Really? I'm trying to find pictures of Lang as a freshman (or in high school) but to no avail. Lang must have really filled out, cus he looks like a college basketball player in all his pictures.

Ingram is rail thin. As CDu mentioned, I've never seen a thinner high level recruit. I even think John Henson was more "filled out" in high school than Ingram (Ingram has wider shoulders, but that's all because of bone structure and not muscle development).

Is it going to be an issue? I hope not, especially if Ingram is more of a perimeter player.
    It would be a huge issue except for one thing- Ingram is a freak athlete. He is amazingly coordinated and quick. And he appears to be strong enough to lift a basketball over his head and propell it accurately into a hoop 10 ft off the ground. The combination of being a freak athlete and a great shooter should give him some advantages. I don't expect we will see him banging down low for a while, however.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    It would be a huge issue except for one thing- Ingram is a freak athlete. He is amazingly coordinated and quick. And he appears to be strong enough to lift a basketball over his head and propell it accurately into a hoop 10 ft off the ground. The combination of being a freak athlete and a great shooter should give him some advantages. I don't expect we will see him banging down low for a while, however.
    I don't think his weight/frame will limit him at all on offense. And I don't think it will hurt him at all defending on the perimeter. The entire question is whether or not it will prevent him from defending the PF position.

In real life? Or on DBR?

Because I have a different one-word answer for each.

- Chillin

Danger, Will Robinson!

Quote Originally Posted by itshoopsbabee View Post
    I've heard his kidney mass is really quite high, top 10- all-time-ish. So he's got that going for him. Not sure how many cinderblocks it is exactly though.
    -- ? Are you just trying to tempt Kedsy again??

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Brandon is on campus, getting adjusted, and already building weight and strength.

Summer Grind: Brandon Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Brandon is on campus, getting adjusted, and already building weight and strength.

I noticed some new wall decorations at the practice court in this video! Lookin' good.

Summer Grind Screencap.jpg

Manute Bol was also terribly skinny. He was 7' 6" and has a listed weight of 201. Not sure where that weight measure came from, but it's probably from his pro years. Here's Bol's bio from Wiki. If that was his pro weight, I wonder what he weighed as a college freshman. He came to college basketball later than most, so he may have been at the 200 lb. level by then. He had an NBA career that last a little over 10 years. His athleticism was excellent--a good leaper and one of the all-time great shot blockers. He died in 2010.

Main point is that Ingram's physique is probably not an issue for now. He will no doubt grow stronger and heftier. Even if he doesn't turn into a huge man, he has Bol's track before him.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

I almost don't like him for making those of the wall dunks look so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    I noticed some new wall decorations at the practice court in this video! Lookin' good.

Summer Grind Screencap.jpg
    Ingram is gonna make some Gerald Henderson-like plays this year. He's gonna be fun to watch!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Ingram is gonna make some Gerald Henderson-like plays this year. He's gonna be fun to watch!
    Wait! Is hanstravel coming back to chappaheeya, too?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.