Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chuck

Chuck

Not quite sure what to make of this one. Some amusing moments, but the last thing I need in my life is a male Alias. I hated the original.

Still, there's a lot of geek here, so I'll keep watching.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Not quite sure what to make of this one. Some amusing moments, but the last thing I need in my life is a male Alias. I hated the original.

Still, there's a lot of geek here, so I'll keep watching.
    It was cute, with a good sense of humor about itself. That's not surprising, since I think it's a product of the team from The OC. It's definitely worth watching a few episodes before making any decisions.

Can't watch, Prison Break on in the same time slot... can't wait til I switch to Dish and get a DVR (Comcast sucks!)

Tivo Series 3 + Comcast isn't bad (dual HD tuners). Of course, Tivo Series 3 + FIOS is heaven.

5. It's simple: Chuck = 40 Year Old Virgin + Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

It was okay. Very, very slick (which is to be expected, since it was directed by McG, the guy who directed the Charlie's Angels movies), and decent writing, but quite a bit of camp and overall silliness. I liked it a lot more than I liked The Bionic Woman. I'm sticking with it for now. We'll see.

I liked it. And I didn't like the OC.

You've got Jayne from Firefly, who I hope is used well going forward, and the blonde will do as well.

Weird. But I like weird. I'll keep watching. My hunch is that it doesn't have enough low brow humor to keep it going though. Earl is one of the smartest comedies I've ever seen on TV, but if it didn't have enough of the "laugh at the dumb redneck" jokes, it would have gone the way of Arrested Development.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWolf View Post
    Weird. But I like weird. I'll keep watching. My hunch is that it doesn't have enough low brow humor to keep it going though. Earl is one of the smartest comedies I've ever seen on TV, but if it didn't have enough of the "laugh at the dumb redneck" jokes, it would have gone the way of Arrested Development.
    Hmm, where does the Office fit in this equation?

^ The Office ...

Smart humor, sarcasm, social commentary, low brow silliness, "I can't believe he said that" humor, truth, satire, and a love story. Something for everyone.

It deserves its own category.

Second show better than the first. Looks really promising now.

I really didn't want to like this show, but it rates much better than anything reality-based.

Lost tie-in?

Did anyone else catch one of the secrets Chuck spills is "Oceanic flight 815 was shot down by a surface-to-air..."

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblueyes View Post
    Did anyone else catch one of the secrets Chuck spills is "Oceanic flight 815 was shot down by a surface-to-air..."
    I did, but then I realized Lost is ABC and Chuck is NBC so I figured I must have misheard it. Do they have producers, directors, writers in common, or do you think it was just an inside joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfrosh View Post
    I did, but then I realized Lost is ABC and Chuck is NBC so I figured I must have misheard it. Do they have producers, directors, writers in common, or do you think it was just an inside joke.
    The Office (NBC) has referenced Lost twice, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    The Office (NBC) has referenced Lost twice, so who knows.
    The Office also referenced Survivor at least once: Dwight's proposed 'alliance' with Jim in Season 1. I love that episode.

The Office also referenced Survivor at least once: Dwight's proposed 'alliance' with Jim in Season 1. I love that episode.
    Also Beach Days

"We are situated on the northeast corner of scenic Lake Scranton. America’s eighth largest indigenous body of water."

Chuck is winning me over with their occasional nuggets of geek awareness. My favorite moment from this week's episode was the snobby Nerd Herd dudes refusing to do a Linux install because 'We're Mac guys. We're IT artists.'

I liked last night's Chuck. And when I heard the Oceanic 815 reference I said "huh? what was that?"
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Chuck is winning me over with their occasional nuggets of geek awareness. My favorite moment from this week's episode was the snobby Nerd Herd dudes refusing to do a Linux install because 'We're Mac guys. We're IT artists.'
    Oh, Man... you're killing me! I was all set to not even start yet another new show, and then you had to mention this. I'm hooked, and I haven't even seen a minute of it!

(So far, Journeyman's not doin' it for me, despite luscious Lucius, so maybe a timeslot will open up. The Season 2 premiere of Dexter also failed to excite.)

Thumbs down CHUCK -- no

I watched 10 minutes of the pilot/first episode and turned it off. Just didn't grab me in any way. Didn't like the actors, didn't find it funny, didn't find it interesting. Should be off-the-air in a nanosecond IMO.