Laptop or tablet?

I was just about ready to jump into the Ipad/Android tablet pool, when I realized that my laptop is getting on in years and it may be time to think about replacing it. My computing is mostly internet browsing, email, bill paying, facebook, pictures. I do occasionally print from my laptop, but not really often. I have access to a desktop for that if needed.

So, replace the laptop or go with a tablet?

If a tablet...then Ipad or Android? I've got an android phone, so I'm familiar with it. Other family members have ipads and are happy with them. One friend is reasonably content with his Kindle fire, but I'm not sure about that.

If laptop...anybody with experience with a chromebook? I don't relish the thought windows 8...and dealing with an upgrade to windows 10.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Laptop or tablet

I have a MacBook Air and an iPad. I use the iPad 75% of the time.. The main thing I use my laptop for is writing (chapters of books or articles). I do everything else on my iPad if you can use a desktop for heavy stuff, I'd go with a tablet. I'm totally an apple person, so I recommend the iPad. My husband has a kindle and he doesn't like it as much except for reading.

Tablets and Chrome Books really need the internet connected. A Windows or Mac laptop can do a lot more offline. My daughter uses a windows thinkpad that turns into a tablet - albeit thick and with a bumpy bottom!

-jk

Unless you plan on typing a lot, tablet is the way to go. You can pretty much do everything on an iPad or Android tablet that you can on a laptop. I'm also partial to Apple products.

I use my laptop and IPad. I have had laptops since 2001, and purchased the IPad in 2014. I love both!

There is another thread about Chromebooks- I love mine. I didn't care for my windows tablet so I gave it to my wife and she loves it. I use a laptop for work and my chrome book for play.

Here's the earlier chromebook thread if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    Here's the earlier chromebook thread if you're interested.
    Thanks - I forgot to check the archives for that info..