Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Why would a UNC student think that a flock of crows settling on the Duke campus would be appropriate?
    Because of course Duke gets all the caws.

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    Why would a UNC student think that a flock of crows settling on the Duke campus would be appropriate?
    Because of course Duke gets all the caws.
    And to think, I was gonna say that the answer had something to do with a murder.

And will UNC argue that that illuminated classroom should result in academic eligibility for those students?
    Of course, because it was available to non-athlete students.

Quote Originally Posted by Lar77 View Post
    Of course, because it was available to non-athlete students.
    Only an inveterate Carolina-hater could fail to see that since the room was available to all there should be credit for all.

Only an inveterate Carolina-hater could fail to see that since the room was available to all there should be credit for all.
    Are you calling someone spineless?

And will UNC argue that that illuminated classroom should result in academic eligibility for those students?
    Is there a supporting argument all the students who went to the games should get letter jackets?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    All the better to amphibiate

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Originally Posted by swood1000

Not at all. Just referring to a person who doesn't like animals.

i've told this before....when South Carolina was in the ACC, ('70 or '71? ) some friends and i traveled to chapel hill for the first time to see the gamecocks play unc. Unc was heavily favored, but john roche and the gamecocks prevailed...

as we were leaving Carmichael, celebrating the win, the fine, upstanding folks from unc introduced us to "the carolina way" by spitting on us, and then throwing hot coffee and soft drinks on us.

This was the genesis of my hatred for all things baby blue.

a good year is when there's 82-50, a GREAT year is when there bus runs in the ditch on the way home...

on a scale of 1-10, my hatred is a 12.5

if banners come down, you'll see me on the 11pm news....and it won't be pretty...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i've told this before....when South Carolina was in the ACC, ('70 or '71? ) some friends and i traveled to chapel hill for the first time to see the gamecocks play unc. Unc was heavily favored, but john roche and the gamecocks prevailed...

as we were leaving Carmichael, celebrating the win, the fine, upstanding folks from unc introduced us to "the carolina way" by spitting on us, and then throwing hot coffee and soft drinks on us.

This was the genesis of my hatred for all things baby blue.

a good year is when there's 82-50, a GREAT year is when there bus runs in the ditch on the way home...

on a scale of 1-10, my hatred is a 12.5

if banners come down, you'll see me on the 11pm news....and it won't be pretty...
    Mine's a 13 () and, if the banners come down, I'll bring the cardboard boxes for loooooong term storage. Or the flammable materials.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I have always felt cold hatred for the Cheats coming from the keyboard of Newton_14. Where many of us are playful in our taunts, he spews pure focused venom!!!!
    Weezie, I second your nomination. Where Newton_14 delivers the calculated fury, you add balance with your impassioned rants.
    Thank you Billy! True story here. In 1993 I'm the last child living at home with my dad and our family home burns to the ground on an October morning. There is literally a hundred people there, along with every fire truck in the area. Bad deal. I am standing there, 7:00am in the morning, temps in the 40's and sprinkling rain. I have on the only possessions I have left at the moment which is a short sleeve polo, pair of shorts, and loafers, no socks. And it's pretty cold. One of our closest family friends, who is a huge UNC fan and has on a heavy baby blue UNC jacket walks over and takes his coat off, hands it to me, and said "here buddy, put this on, you have to be freezing". I go" Nah, I'm good, and even if not, I would rather go stand by the fire than to be caught dead wearing that thing. He looked at me like I was crazy. My brother who was standing right beside me at the time still tells that story whenever the fire is brought up in conversation.

So yeah, my hate runs pretty deep. Have dealt with those pompous arses since 1st grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Thank you Billy! True story here. In 1993 I'm the last child living at home with my dad and our family home burns to the ground on an October morning. There is literally a hundred people there, along with every fire truck in the area. Bad deal. I am standing there, 7:00am in the morning, temps in the 40's and sprinkling rain. I have on the only possessions I have left at the moment which is a short sleeve polo, pair of shorts, and loafers, no socks. And it's pretty cold. One of our closest family friends, who is a huge UNC fan and has on a heavy baby blue UNC jacket walks over and takes his coat off, hands it to me, and said "here buddy, put this on, you have to be freezing". I go" Nah, I'm good, and even if not, I would rather go stand by the fire than to be caught dead wearing that thing. He looked at me like I was crazy. My brother who was standing right beside me at the time still tells that story whenever the fire is brought up in conversation.

So yeah, my hate runs pretty deep. Have dealt with those pompous arses since 1st grade.
    Now I want to change my vote.

Here's a few qualifications for myself:

My first real shirt, which still fits 30 years later is a "I pull for Duke and whoever's playing Carolina" - I wore that shirt multiple times in Elementary school. One day we had a vote of who would win the ACCT and I was the only person in my 5th grade class to vote for Duke, with every peer voting for NC.

I once went to a game in the Dean Dome - ugliest place on the planet. It was 1998 and we lost by 30+ points, Jamison's game of his life and Cota's attempted 'oop to Vince off the backboard. After the game I had my Duke hat on and almost got in a fight right outside simply because someone wanted to cause trouble. I wrestled at Duke and wasn't scared but thought it best to go back to Granville. While there, some fans up in Chapel Hill for the game from Gastonia accused my friend and I of throwing bottles from Granville - we didn't do it but there were roughly 12 of them in two of us and I get my butt beat pretty bad, black-eye and all but not before throwing one of them through the emergency fire hose. Nothing like being jumped on your least favorite campus. That just fueled my hate.

Always being outnumbered by going to a public school in NC I caught heck my whole life and developed a strong hatred. I used to go to UNC Frat houses where I knew people from HS just to cheer for Duke during a UNC v Duke game - I was kicked out a couple times but never anything physical, tried to keep it in good taste but the frat guys did not like me.

I like to go to UNC bars and watching parties with my Duke gear here in Charlotte just to rile things up. I got tired of Tarheels doing that to my Duke watching parties so I gave them a dose of their own medicine.

I hunted a Dorset Ram and harvested one...it sits on my office wall with the name 'Ramses.'

I learned GTHC, GTH when I was about 6 years old riding up to a Duke Football game with a bunch or former players.

There's a Nothing Finer Than Defeating Carolina stitching that's still in my room 30 years later.

I call Carolina 'Trade School.'

Anyway, I could go on for hours and hours. I was taught this hate a very early age from my father, who's parents and brother went to Duke as I did I. I don't own a single light-blue shirt, dress or otherwise.

Not trying to win any contest just wanted to see how many others had experience similar to mine. I personally loved being in the majority and was quick and witty enough that eventually my HS classmates knew not to tease me too bad because I always had a better retort than their original cutdown. Thanks for reading, and GREAT thread!

Arrow

Boys and girls, it's not about hate... it's about love. Loving to hate. A lifetime of nurturing that rock solid loathing of all things tarholian. And what a loving bunch we are.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Boys and girls, it's not about hate... it's about love. Loving to hate. A lifetime of nurturing that rock solid loathing of all things tarholian. And what a loving bunch we are.
    Yes, it would be easy for someone happening upon this site to fail to realize that it is a righteous and pure hatred that is spoken of here, utterly in accord with the laws of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    D) is indeed a good one but that's only about 200-300 square feet. When I moved into a new office in 2008, the decorator/designer had my staff and me pick out the paint color for the walls and we all decided on something that was a Williamsburg blue/grey shade but I don't recall the Pantome #. (I wanted #287 but thought that was too obvious.) When they (thought) the job was finished, we had final inspection. As I walked from room to room, all I could think of and comment on was the shade of blue that actually appeared on the walls and each time was re-assured by the decorator (a NCSU grad/fan!) that it was not c*rolina blue. My final words were, "Repaint it. All ~1600 square feet of it. I'll wait an extra day or two for opening the doors." It was done 2 business days later.

I liked that the c*rolina clad children had to sit in the hall. I'd have made them sit in detention or the principal's office or maybe write a "paper."

I've been know to make patients who wear unc hats or shirts into my office or procedures turn them inside out or cover the logo with something Duke or a piece of tape or towel.

I've also hinted to any unc faithful having a procedure that a rousing "Go Duke" would get them a generous amount more of the local anestheticAttachment 5243.
    I will just have to wait again until I am allowed to spork you again for this one, but maybe others can do it for me.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Devil View Post
    Here's a few qualifications for myself:

My first real shirt, which still fits 30 years later is a "I pull for Duke and whoever's playing Carolina" - I wore that shirt multiple times in Elementary school. One day we had a vote of who would win the ACCT and I was the only person in my 5th grade class to vote for Duke, with every peer voting for NC.

I once went to a game in the Dean Dome - ugliest place on the planet. It was 1998 and we lost by 30+ points, Jamison's game of his life and Cota's attempted 'oop to Vince off the backboard. After the game I had my Duke hat on and almost got in a fight right outside simply because someone wanted to cause trouble. I wrestled at Duke and wasn't scared but thought it best to go back to Granville. While there, some fans up in Chapel Hill for the game from Gastonia accused my friend and I of throwing bottles from Granville - we didn't do it but there were roughly 12 of them in two of us and I get my butt beat pretty bad, black-eye and all but not before throwing one of them through the emergency fire hose. Nothing like being jumped on your least favorite campus. That just fueled my hate.

Always being outnumbered by going to a public school in NC I caught heck my whole life and developed a strong hatred. I used to go to UNC Frat houses where I knew people from HS just to cheer for Duke during a UNC v Duke game - I was kicked out a couple times but never anything physical, tried to keep it in good taste but the frat guys did not like me.

I like to go to UNC bars and watching parties with my Duke gear here in Charlotte just to rile things up. I got tired of Tarheels doing that to my Duke watching parties so I gave them a dose of their own medicine.

I hunted a Dorset Ram and harvested one...it sits on my office wall with the name 'Ramses.'

I learned GTHC, GTH when I was about 6 years old riding up to a Duke Football game with a bunch or former players.

There's a Nothing Finer Than Defeating Carolina stitching that's still in my room 30 years later.

I call Carolina 'Trade School.'

Anyway, I could go on for hours and hours. I was taught this hate a very early age from my father, who's parents and brother went to Duke as I did I. I don't own a single light-blue shirt, dress or otherwise.

Not trying to win any contest just wanted to see how many others had experience similar to mine. I personally loved being in the majority and was quick and witty enough that eventually my HS classmates knew not to tease me too bad because I always had a better retort than their original cutdown. Thanks for reading, and GREAT thread!
    I really like this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Devil View Post
    Agreed Edubs. I sense a great marketing opportunity here. What true blue Duke lover wouldn't jump for joy opening this present on Christmas morning?!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Agreed Edubs. I sense a great marketing opportunity here. What true blue Duke lover wouldn't jump for joy opening this present on Christmas morning?!
    I want one but only if it comes with a fedora.