Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Which DBR poster hates UNC the most?

I thought this would be fun to have a poll, especially in light of the Chaz Surratt flip.

I know I hate UNC pretty passionately, but I've seen other who hate them even more. Let's come up with a list of posters that hate UNC more than anything and then we can have a poll. :-P

Feel free to nominate yourselves.

I nominate:

devildeac
    sagegrouse
    ThroatyBeard

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I thought this would be fun to have a poll, especially in light of the Chaz Surratt flip.

I know I hate UNC pretty passionately, but I've seen other who hate them even more. Let's come up with a list of posters that hate UNC more than anything and then we can have a poll. :-P

I nominate:

devildeac
    sagegrouse
    ThroatyBeard
    Uh-oh. Will I need a campaign speech and/or committee?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I nominate:

devildeac
    sagegrouse
    ThroatyBeard

Actually, I may not dislike UNC as much as some other posters here -- I just have loudly voiced opinions about their institutional behavior. Devil Deac, who was betrayed by his own daughter, probably ranks ahead of me.

Kindly,
    Sage
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

after finding out how much of a cheating bunch of @%&*(#! they are, i don't think they're worth my energy to hate. however, their smug, entitled, oblivious to the truth fans sure do piss me off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Actually, I may not dislike UNC as much as some other posters here -- I just have loudly voiced opinions about their institutional behavior. Devil Deac, who was betrayed by his own daughter, probably ranks ahead of me.

Kindly,
    Sage
    And just who do you think taught devildeac how to hate carolina? Hmmmmm?
    9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F

Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Some campaign speech

Uh, as campaign speeches go, that ranks right up there with some of history's best, including:
    "I've upped my standards. Now, up yours."
    "If elected, I will win." and of course
    "We can't stand Pat!"

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    And just who do you think taught devildeac how to hate carolina? Hmmmmm?
    9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F
    lol

Ok, let's add Ozzie and remove sagegrouse from my nominations.

Right here, buddy....right here...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

i feel slighted

Ozzie has been the Sensei of UNC hate: 9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F

I also nominate Packman97. The hate that Duke has for UNCheat pales in comparison to the Wolfpack's feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    i feel slighted
    You should. Ozzie and I have home state advantage and probably start out as at least 3-5 percentage point favorites.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

''I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your ......''

Just so no one feels slighted... this is the nomination thread. Feel free to nominate yourself or others. Campaign speeches welcome.

I'll post a poll thread in a few days.

I nominate 98.6% of the registered posters. The other 1.4% I designate at trolls.

(please note that these percentages were vetted through KenPom statistics)
    Last edited by Indoor66; 06-29-2015 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Attribution

The fact that I never hated Danny Green probably removes any potential candidacy, but as a judge, I'd like to be objective.

Are there any criteria?

Ozzie's "I started 9F" is a pretty good pitch to me.

If anyone has a "I made Michael Jordan's children cry" stories, that would vault you up there...

Quote Originally Posted by Lar77 View Post
    Ozzie has been the Sensei of UNC hate: 9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F

I also nominate Packman97. The hate that Duke has for UNCheat pales in comparison to the Wolfpack's feelings.
    I humbly thank you for the nomination, but feel that I must withdraw from consideration. I consider myself an itinerant member of this community travelling from UNC thread to UNC thread and generally don't participate outside of that. This esteemed award should go to someone fully invested in the DBR community.

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post
    The fact that I never hated Danny Green probably removes any potential candidacy, but as a judge, I'd like to be objective.

Are there any criteria?

Ozzie's "I started 9F" is a pretty good pitch to me.

If anyone has a "I made Michael Jordan's children cry" stories, that would vault you up there...
    I think the criteria is "anything UNC makes you want to pull your own eyebrows out" is a good start.

That said, your lack of disdain for Danny Green is disturbing.

Also receiving top honors:

• I am an award winning high school English Teacher and I also made sure Tyler Hansborough left my school knowing how to "read good"
    • I was part of the secret committee that was responsible for the Matt Doherty years.
    • I opened a McDonalds franchise across the street from Sean May's dorm. It's the only time I ever stepped foot in Chapel Hill

I think the criteria is "anything UNC makes you want to pull your own eyebrows out" is a good start.

That said, your lack of disdain for Danny Green is disturbing.
    I always thought he'd be the best player from that group. I'm a career ending Ty Lawson injury from being correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post
    I always thought he'd be the best player from that group. I'm a career ending Ty Lawson injury from being correct.
    That's just another reason to hate him - completely wasted potential, yet overconfidence in abilities.