Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" came down upon Roy's head! (Do do do do do) Maxwell's Silver Hammer made sure that he was dead! (Wo wo wo)

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    That one has my vote. Would also like to see Roy bopping to it.
    It literally put me to sleep, but that's easy to do after a pleasant lunch.

UNC PR machine rolls out another article.

This time it's how wonderful Anson Dorrance and the women's soccer team is. Comments are full of people pointing out that Dorrance is implicated in the Wainstein report even though the DHS interpretation is that he isn't.

Best one is: Look out Anson, there's plenty of room under the bus for you, right next to Sylvia

Hopefully, at this point, everyone is starting to realize that the reason you see all these fluff PR articles is that the UNC's PR firm, Edelman, has to justify its fees.

They're just preaching to the smurf blue fans. Everyone else is laughing at them. Even their legacy recruits are backing off.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    This is jsut unbelievable considering the lyrics to the song about "liars and cheats"

https://youtu.be/1J7YB6NhVlk

Fair warning this video may cause you to feel ill.
    So, here is what strikes me about this... it is really, really low quality. I could only watch about 45 seconds of it but most of the coaches are not even trying to lip synch and the ones who do are not even close to being in step with the lyrics. The video quality is pretty low-res and the scenes are neither creative nor well constructed. Compare it to some of the efforts from Duke Blue Planet and it is like a 6th grader competing with a Hollywood director.

-Jason "by the way, the Braveheart post from Pack Pride is beyond brilliant!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    -Jason "by the way, the Braveheart post from Pack Pride is beyond brilliant!" Evans
    Why, thank you.

OH! Did you mean what was quoted was brilliant or the genius who posted it here was brilliant? I am confused - as usual.

And the latest breaking news ... former UNC player and coach Larry Brown facing major NCAA penalties at SMU (his third NCAA strike) for major academic fraud (although unlike Roy, his case involves just one player ... although unlike Roy, he apparently didn't take care to cover his tracks):

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...831-ncaab.html

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    And the latest breaking news ... former UNC player and coach Larry Brown facing major NCAA penalties at SMU (his third NCAA strike) for major academic fraud (although unlike Roy, his case involves just one player ... although unlike Roy, he apparently didn't take care to cover his tracks):

The carolina way cannot be contained ...

Maybe the D league can be renamed the unc-league.

The article mentioned it took 1 day to talk about how 1 secretary helped 1 player with howework at SMU. In that case the UNC COI meeting might take ~8 years.

The folks at SMU are rank amateurs. The player in question, guard Keith Frazier, was eventually declared academically ineligible. When UNC provides illegal help to a student-athlete, he plays -- that's the Carolina Way.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

And graduates with honors

Larry is doing this to help UNC. Now, the Heels can say that "everybody does it"

Good ol' Larry, tar heel born and tar heel bred . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    The folks at SMU are rank amateurs.
    When it comes to NCAA violations, the folks at SMU are seasoned veterans.

One must not forget that Mr. Brown also happens to be the coaching mentor of one John Vincent Calipari. Brown truly might be the Albert Anastasia of the contemporary coaching world.

You have to feel for Ojeleye though.

Yesterday on PTI they lambasted recently fired Tennessee coach for infractions at another school. One of his transgressions was one of his assistants did the homework of a player. They proclaimed that guy was done in coaching. Said he shouldn't be able to land a gig in high school. Let's see if the Worldwide Leader in Sports goes after Larry Brown at all

Quote Originally Posted by blueduke59 View Post
    Yesterday on PTI they lambasted recently fired Tennessee coach for infractions at another school. One of his transgressions was one of his assistants did the homework of a player. They proclaimed that guy was done in coaching. Said he shouldn't be able to land a gig in high school. Let's see if the Worldwide Leader in Sports goes after Larry Brown at all
    This is a rhetorical question, right?

Any truth to reports that, when asked about his latest scandal, Brown replied, "I'm so grateful for what Frank and Dean taught me early in my career."

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrassdevil1 View Post
    Brown truly might be the Albert Anastasia of the contemporary coaching world.

And we know how things worked out for Anastasia. Brown might want to stay away from barber shops for a while.
    "I swear Roy must redeem extra timeouts at McDonald's the day after the game for free hamburgers." --Posted on InsideCarolina, 2/18/2015

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Any truth to reports that, when asked about his latest scandal, Brown replied, "I'm so grateful for what Frank and Dean taught me early in my career."
    That's a real quote, but Larry Brown didn't say it. Sammy Davis, Jr. did.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    That's a real quote, but Larry Brown didn't say it. Sammy Davis, Jr. did.
    As expected, I was unable to spork you for this comment. However, it was so good that it deserved recognition. Tip of the cap to you sir.

Back on topic, sanctions have followed Larry Brown at every college stop. I hoped it wouldn't be the case at SMU when Semi transferred there because he seemed like a good kid, but I am not surprised
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook