Thread: We are Marshall

We are Marshall

Holy smokes. I just saw this movie for the first time last night. A confession: That movie made me tear up almost throughout it. I had a date and finally had to just turn to her and say, "Okay, I'm going to choke up. There's nothing I can really do about it." The movie was very powerful.

I can't remember if it was/is included in the "Greatest Sports Movies" poll, but it should be. I plan to watch it again today.

Anyone else have comments on this movie?

-EarlJam

P.S. Also, as an aside, Atlanta's "The Varsity" is included briefly in the movie.

I saw it in the theatre with my (then) 12 year olds son. I was trying hard not to cry. I glanced over at him, he was doing the same. Great movie.

I watched the movie this weekend and really enjoyed it. Bobby Bowden is presented in a very good light. The scene where the Marshall coaches are watching film and the two WVU players come in with the "MU" tribute on the back of their helmets is touching.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 09-24-2007 at 04:32 PM.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    I can't remember if it was/is included in the "Greatest Sports Movies" poll, but it should be. I plan to watch it again today.
    It got 5 votes in poll #3.

--Jason "I thought it was ok, but a bit too obvious and pushy at times" Evans

I agree with Jason. I have long since tired of sports movies that I'm supposed to find inspiring/uplifting/a touching metaphor for life. It's part of the reason I don't go to the movies as much as I used to.
    Another offending movie in this category: Remember the Titans After They Go Inside to Play Basketball. Oops, I mean Glory Road.