Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by turnandburn55 View Post
    Why would that be odd?
    Seems like playing ball rather than real life would be more fun for a 22-year-old. Nothing against the military; I would say the same of any real-life, only-okay-paying job. My guess is that the percentage of major college athletes that turn down an extra year of playing ball for a regular job is pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    That would require him to skip 2LT and LT and that's not happening.
    So I guess we'll all have to settle for calling him Captain Lieutenant Plumlee next season?

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    Coach K has announced that Marshall will be a captain next year, along with Amile and Matt. I think that should officially lock up this question.

https://twitter.com/Duke_MBB/status/591415233090088960
    IIRC, Dunleavy left after being named a captain for his senior year.

Not that I think MP3 is leaving. Just recalling a bit of Duke MBB history.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Seems like playing ball rather than real life would be more fun for a 22-year-old. Nothing against the military; I would say the same of any real-life, only-okay-paying job. My guess is that the percentage of major college athletes that turn down an extra year of playing ball for a regular job is pretty low.
    The percentage of people in the military who would call it a regular job is also pretty low. Ditto for those whom the pay is any significant part of the decision matrix.

I can't speak for Marshall Plumlee, but a lot of people join the military because it's what they truly have their heart set on doing. People like to follow their dreams, whether it's the NBA or the service. I personally wouldn't find it the least bit odd or shocking that if he'd found his calling as an Army officer, he wanted to get to it once as soon as he got his degree.

Quote Originally Posted by turnandburn55 View Post
    The percentage of people in the military who would call it a regular job is also pretty low. Ditto for those whom the pay is any significant part of the decision matrix.

I can't speak for Marshall Plumlee, but a lot of people join the military because it's what they truly have their heart set on doing. People like to follow their dreams, whether it's the NBA or the service. I personally wouldn't find it the least bit odd or shocking that if he'd found his calling as an Army officer, he wanted to get to it once as soon as he got his degree.
    Fair enough. To each his/her own. I will just say I expect to see Plumlee playing bball next year.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Fair enough. To each his/her own. I will just say I expect to see Plumlee playing bball next year.
    I changed the thread title and will lock the thread. Marshall was named Tri-Captain for next year tonight at the banquet along with Amile and Matt. So that settles this discussion.