Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

PG Dylan Ennis (Tyler's bro) leaving Villanova

He'd be eligible right away. Can't help but wonder if Duke would be interested. If Tyus leaves and we miss on Thornton, it could be a good move.

Cool

Even things out for Nova stealing Taylor King?

Not familiar with him. Does he have game?

Quote Originally Posted by langdonfan View Post
    He'd be eligible right away. Can't help but wonder if Duke would be interested. If Tyus leaves and we miss on Thornton, it could be a good move.
    Interesting... 2nd guard to leave Nova.

Wonder what the deal is?

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Interesting... 2nd guard to leave Nova.

Wonder what the deal is?
    He wants to play PG to try and showcase his skills for potential pro employers...he's blocked right now at Nova by Ryan Arcidiacano.

Rent-a-player!

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Not familiar with him. Does he have game?
    He averaged 10pts, 4 rebounds, and 3.5 steals this year. Depending on his character, he'd definitely be worth pursuing if Stones leaves IMO.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/playerstats?playerId=56265
    Last edited by pamtar; 04-10-2015 at 10:45 AM. Reason: A word

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    He averaged 10pts, 4 rebounds, and 3.5 steals this year. Depending on his character, he'd definitely be worth pursuing if Stones leaves IMO.

Considering he's the brother of Tyler Ennis, I would have to assume he's got good character. I mean, it's possible that he's way different than Tyler, but that kid was all class.

We've had pretty good luck accepting the transfer of famous PG's brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    He wants to play PG to try and showcase his skills for potential pro employers...he's blocked right now at Nova by Ryan Arcidiacano.

Rent-a-player!
    Not going to Wisconsin?
    Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post

If he averaged 3.5 steals per game, sign him up.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Not going to Wisconsin?

Per CB reference, his overall numbers are:

9.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.5 apg, 1.0 spg, 0.4 bpg in 28.1 mpg

41.7% FG, 36.3% 3FG, 61.9% FT, 1.97:1 A/TO and PER of 16.9

The assists and A/TO numbers are pretty strong for someone playing primarily off the ball. The only number that really sticks out the negative is his FT%. Which would certainly be an unwelcome change from "Stones". But seems like a very viable option overall.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/...n-ennis-1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post

Rent-a-player!
    Can we rent with an option to buy?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Can we rent with an option to buy?
    You can with rubber gloves.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

I see this would be his second transfer in his college career. Not sure what to make of that.

Villanova is bringing in Jalen Brunson, one of the better points in the class of 2015.

You may recall his father Rick, who played at Temple.

Ennis is a little like Billy McCaffrey, who played the 2 at Duke but wanted to play the point because he (correctly) saw that as his only pro position.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    I see this would be his second transfer in his college career. Not sure what to make of that.
    Barring any other red flags, I don't see this as an issue in and of itself. If he thinks he needs to showcase his PG skills to have the best opportunity after college, then he should do so. It sounds like he's not even in a position similar to Quinn's where he is almost guaranteed playing time. He will be one of three point guards on Nova's roster and stands a very good chance of falling behind both of the other two.

I would be more concerned about what this says for his skill level, even though there are some pretty good guards on Nova. However, sometime it's all about fit. Even if he's not the purest of point guards, if he is comfortable bringing the ball up the court and setting up the offense, that might be enough to help a team like Duke next year (not saying I've heard anything about the Duke staff actually contacting Ennis). Grayson has shone flashes of being able to handle the ball. Matt has been ok with the ball in his hands. Luke is reported to be pretty solid but he'll still be a freshman. Bring in one guy who has high college level experience to steady that trio and it might allow Grayson to focus more on scoring (which we'll almost certainly need from him), Matt to focus on defense and improving his offense (which we'll also need), and Luke to adapt to the college game without the extra pressure of being the primary ball handler. It also gives the team depth.

Personally, I'm very interested to see what happens at the PG spot for next season. We have enough returning talent that we can be good without adding a point guard to the roster (although I'm assuming we add at least one other recruit). Yet at the same time I think we would be so much better if we added someone to take that role away from our other perimeter players so they can concentrate on scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Villanova is bringing in Jalen Brunson, one of the better points in the class of 2015.

You may recall his father Rick, who played at Temple.

Ennis is a little like Billy McCaffrey, who played the 2 at Duke but wanted to play the point because he (correctly) saw that as his only pro position.
    I would take a kid who could reproduce Billy's "junior" season.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    I would take a kid who could reproduce Billy's "junior" season.
    I believe Billy had an even better senior season, but the team(Vandy) didn't do as well as the Blue Devils. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Oops. Brain fart, sorry...

He's definitely in Duke's radar...http://writingillini.com/2015/04/16/...st-to-8-teams/

Is Ennis below Thornton and Jamal on our PG wish list? And he does not have to sit out a year, right?