Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Maybe it wasnt SI but someone in 2010 made a 'harder' cover edition magazine that was solely about Duke winning the title I think. Might not have been Sports Illustrated though I thought it was them that did it. I have it at home. I have both the SI regular edition magazine and then whatever I am referring to (I am not at home right now to look). The regular SI magazine in 2010 was about Duke but then other articles too obviously - the one they mail to your house and hits newstands. But then I have something that I think is a blue tint that is a slightly more firm binding. Does anyone know what I am referring to?? I think it has all 5 starters and K on the cover. (as opposed to the standard SI magazine which had John Scheyer jumping on the cover I think)

again, sorry - I am not at home to look...
    I have a hard cover SI edition and a book/magazine from USA Today that they did and a really nice large book that I got through the Iron Dukes I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 24 90 View Post
    I have a hard cover SI edition and a book/magazine from USA Today that they did and a really nice large book that I got through the Iron Dukes I think.
    I have the SI edition and the USA Today commemorative magazine as well. Hope to find similar publications this year. If people start seeing them in stores on or online, please post so that we can go find them :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Maybe it wasnt SI but someone in 2010 made a 'harder' cover edition magazine that was solely about Duke winning the title I think. Might not have been Sports Illustrated though I thought it was them that did it. I have it at home. I have both the SI regular edition magazine and then whatever I am referring to (I am not at home right now to look). The regular SI magazine in 2010 was about Duke but then other articles too obviously - the one they mail to your house and hits newstands. But then I have something that I think is a blue tint that is a slightly more firm binding. Does anyone know what I am referring to?? I think it has all 5 starters and K on the cover. (as opposed to the standard SI magazine which had John Scheyer jumping on the cover I think)

again, sorry - I am not at home to look...
    I have it too. It is the SI commemorative issue as you thought. The one you have is simply not the hard-bound version. It was sold in stores unlike the hard bound version. The content is exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    I have it too. It is the SI commemorative issue as you thought. The one you have is simply not the hard-bound version. It was sold in stores unlike the hard bound version. The content is exactly the same.
    Me too. The SI commemorative issue has K and the five starters on the cover and came in both hard-bound and soft-cover versions. I have both versions -- I originally bought the soft-cover version at the Barnes & Noble on 15/501 but saw that SI was giving away a commemorative mini-basketball and DVD with the hard-bound version so I ordered that too. I'm hoping SI does something similar with the ball/DVD this year.

shirt

I ordered my black championship shirt (the one with scissors) last Tuesday and it hasn't come in yet. I know I'm probably being really impatient but is this the expected wait for the shirt?

I've got one order on the truck for delivery today, and another (my Duke Stores order) slated for delivery on Wednesday. Another wave of championship euphoria, in nice little boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    I ordered my black championship shirt (the one with scissors) last Tuesday and it hasn't come in yet. I know I'm probably being really impatient but is this the expected wait for the shirt?
    I ordered Monday. My adult shirts and infant shirt came today. My 2 juvenile shirts haven't arrived yet. One is STILL on back order and the other is supposed to be on its way.

I had them shipped to my office in Nowhere, Virginia, perhaps an hour and a half from campus.

Quote Originally Posted by kingboozer View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, I imagine they'll do one?
    I got a call from the basketball office today. They are at least having another signing, but I'm too far down on the list to get one. I'm currently on a wait list. I'm not certain if this signing is with a new championship poster or if it is with the same one that they have had all year.

It'd be nice to know if someone gets one.

Championship Poster

http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/e...tml&design=106

The 2015 National Champions Poster is now available thru the Duke Store.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/e...tml&design=106

The 2015 National Champions Poster is now available thru the Duke Store.
    Cool poster, and I for sure will get one, but is it wrong that neither Obi, nor the two walkons are in the poster? I mean, they were certainly a part of the championship and I am sure they and their families would want that keepsake as well... I would feel better if they were in the poster also. And before it gets asked, it was the right thing to do to not have Semi or Rasheed in it.

Not trying to start a stink. Just interested in what the thoughts are of the community, to see if I am looking at this wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Cool poster, and I for sure will get one, but is it wrong that neither Obi, nor the two walkons are in the poster? I mean, they were certainly a part of the championship and I am sure they and their families would want that keepsake as well... I would feel better if they were in the poster also. And before it gets asked, it was the right thing to do to not have Semi or Rasheed in it.

Not trying to start a stink. Just interested in what the thoughts are of the community, to see if I am looking at this wrong.
    Aren't they in the bottom picture on the right cheering madly for the team? Also, their names are listed too.

Aren't they in the bottom picture on the right cheering madly for the team? Also, their names are listed too.
    Good catch, though I do think it better had the two walkons been on the main picture with the "8 is Enough" crew. Glad they were not totally shut out. I missed the small photo of them the first time. Thanks for pointing that out.

Unhappy temporarily out of stock

Anybody else get this when they order?:

We are sorry to inform you that the merchandise you ordered from us is temporarily out of stock.
    We are working quickly, however, to ship your complete order at the earliest possible date.

The championship poster just became available recent, right?

I have some concerns about order through Duke stores online. Valid?

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    I ordered mine on the same day and it got here on Monday. Sadly it's pretty cheap and thin and sized smaller than shirts normally that size are. I've gotten one for every championship team and this one is by far the worst quality of the five. #disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by gurufrisbee View Post
    I ordered mine on the same day and it got here on Monday. Sadly it's pretty cheap and thin and sized smaller than shirts normally that size are. I've gotten one for every championship team and this one is by far the worst quality of the five. #disappointed
    I just received mine today (ordered on Monday) and I echo the sizing issue. It says it is "athletic fit." Not sure what that suggests about me...

Love the design though.

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    Anybody else get this when they order?:

We are sorry to inform you that the merchandise you ordered from us is temporarily out of stock.
    We are working quickly, however, to ship your complete order at the earliest possible date.

The championship poster just became available recent, right?

I have some concerns about order through Duke stores online. Valid?
    Ordering through DukeStores is very reputable, but their inventory is dependent on what is in store. It's hard for them to update their inventory with so many people coming into the store and buying stuff. Keep in mind that this weekend is Alumni Weekend, so the stores have been inundated with alums returning to campus for their reunions.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    Ordering through DukeStores is very reputable, but their inventory is dependent on what is in store. It's hard for them to update their inventory with so many people coming into the store and buying stuff. Keep in mind that this weekend is Alumni Weekend, so the stores have been inundated with alums returning to campus for their reunions.
    Actually, I think the online inventory comes from an offsite area and is not the same as what is in the store.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Devil_91_92_01_10_15 View Post
    I just received mine today (ordered on Monday) and I echo the sizing issue. It says it is "athletic fit." Not sure what that suggests about me...

Love the design though.
    ricks68 popped by and visited me today and confirmed that both:

a) The sizing is a bit wonky
    b) I do not have an "athletic fit"

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    Got my micro-mini National Championship Basketball today! It's going on my desk at work. The full size version is scheduled to arrive on Monday! Hoping to get that one signed by Coach K. Both have the brown panels with two white panels commemorating the National Title. I have a standard full size Duke Ball like that, that K signed for me years back. It is the centerpiece of a table on the Living Room, but soon to get bumped!

I will post pics when I have both!

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    Actually, I think the online inventory comes from an offsite area and is not the same as what is in the store.
    Some of the old items, yes. But a lot of their inventory online does come from within the store. Also, there are some things in the store that may not appear online for one reason or another (found an extra box, people return items, etc.).
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA